Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Maps for our little kiddies  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Maps for our little kiddies
« on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:07:10 PM »
My suggestion is to remove games like  Yetis Lair, Paint Ball, Glass House & Swimming Pool etc.

These maps are really ridiculous and dont require any skill whatsoever. :down:
I have also seen good players go there and unbelievably up their frag rates (50 kills per hour and more)
No wonder people sit there with 20 kills per hour and more in their statistics - but I actually dont care anymore - doesnt really impress me if the amount of deaths isn't much lower and the ROE is also up like anything.

The Map Aztec should be also removed - it belongs to counterstrike and not to AA - otherwise why not use maps from all sorts of other games - stupid to me

Just my opinion - no offense

[K][K].Lord-of-War   :style:
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Ganja

Re: Maps for our little kiddies
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:10:17 PM »
Swimming Pool doesn't exist. But if you mean Poolday, and say it requires no skills ... It require aim capacity, more than all the other maps. I personally don't understand why you want to remove those maps ... You are a bridge lover, what skills are there on bridge except from Blind spamming through the fog?

No offence. I believe no maps should be deleted

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:14:31 PM »
PBall is a great map to help your aiming skills. My accuracy increased quite a bit back in the day from just playing 1v1 to 3v3 PBall.

I think the thing you are missing is that if you don't like the maps, you don't have to play them.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:17:47 PM »
My suggestion is to remove games like  Yetis Lair, Paint Ball, Glass House & Swimming Pool etc.
100% agree. Along with Bridge Construction.

The Map Aztec should be also removed - it belongs to counterstrike and not to AA - otherwise why not use maps from all sorts of other games - stupid to me
Yea, it's not an AA map but it's somewhat fun and not as inherently stupid as the ones mentioned above. It should be kept.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:41:29 PM »
I of course accept your opinion Ganja

Just go on and up your frag rate  :D - should be easy for you as a good player

Thanks Spanky - I also dont like bridge construction  - you can't see a damn thing like on a lot of other 
[maap] maps  like rooftop, petrol station etc. (reolution isnt good enough somehow)

The original maps are the best and they can be seen in your stat at least  - I have seen players with like
5000 kills and only half of them or less show up in their statistic -same with score

Maybe the whole game should go back to the way where your points kills etc. only count once you have completed a full game (all the rounds)
I think thats how it used to be in the original AA if I remember correctly. Would stop players from signing off if something doesnt go their way (Loosing,ROE, no points etc.) 

Including me of course - I also rage quit

Well this game will never be perfect - Just a few thoughts of mine

[K][K].Lord-of-War  :style:
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:44:41 PM »

Just go on and up your frag rate  :D - should be easy for you as a good player

Thanks Spanky - I also dont like bridge construction  - you can't see a damn thing like on a lot of other 
[maap] maps  like rooftop, petrol station etc. (reolution isnt good enough somehow)

The original maps are the best and they can be seen in your stat at least  - I have seen players with like
5000 kills and only half of them or less show up in their statistic -same with score

Maybe the whole game should go back to the way where your points kills etc. only count once you have completed a full game (all the rounds)
I think thats how it used to be in the original AA if I remember correctly. Would stop players from signing off if something doesnt go their way (Loosing,ROE, no points etc.) 

Including me of course - I also rage quit

Well this game will never be perfect - Just a few thoughts of mine

[K][K].Lord-of-War  :style:
It's funny that you mention that you cant see anything in petrol since it has no distance fog, you can see clear across the map...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 13:57:32 PM »

Just go on and up your frag rate  :D

I can barely hold a 1 ratio on maps like Poolday because my aim is horrible. I like to play there from time to time to make my aim better. The only map I play to increase my frag is bridge to be honest :D

I agree with Nick. When you don't like a map, don't play it, but don't force others to stop playing it

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 14:01:48 PM »
It's not really about not liking a map, it's more about the standard of quality and ideals of the original devs. You would never in a million years see simple, pointless, novelty maps such as Glass Kill House or Pool Day.

This is coming from someone that worked to convert and improve PBall, Glass Kill House and Teh Yetis Lair. Not to mention, I made Bridge Construction. I think they should all go away.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 14:19:43 PM »
It's not really about not liking a map, it's more about the standard of quality and ideals of the original devs. You would never in a million years see simple, pointless, novelty maps such as Glass Kill House or Pool Day.

This is coming from someone that worked to convert and improve PBall, Glass Kill House and Teh Yetis Lair. Not to mention, I made Bridge Construction. I think they should all go away.
Maps like glass kill house and stuff I have never liked, same goes for ice. I was actually surprised when you guys removed aimfun and stuff but not some of those maps.

I do believe that PBall is a good map when used right, which is small teams.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 14:34:11 PM »
you can't see a damn thing like on a lot of other 
Assuming you're talking about how dark the maps are, there's night vision in America's Army for a reason. It's not the maps' fault you don't use it.

Offline die$el

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 14:51:38 PM »
dude if you dont like it then dont play it , simple..
and poolday is a nice map , there u can play fast,close combat and improve Aim

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 15:20:01 PM »
close combat  in a swimming pool   lmao  :D

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 15:26:59 PM »
Maybe  Yeti's Bathtub could be a brilliant realistic map of close combat with showerhead and soapholder
and a naked Yeti trying to shoot you with paintballs

When you press U it will tell others if you are at showercurtain or by the conditioner

Come on - not for me  that crap   :cool:

Offline die$el

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 15:31:11 PM »
Maybe  Yeti's Bathtub could be a brilliant realistic map of close combat with showerhead and soapholder

When you press U it will tell others if you are at showercurtain or by the conditioner

ok not for you , then dont play thoose maps :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 15:54:12 PM »

You say it's not realistic. But you play bridge, where people know spampoints by heart and spend 6 min aiming at same point. Realistic cugh cugh

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager