Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Less players...  (Read 4755 times)

Offline Southofheaven

Less players...
« on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »
it is my impression or everyday we get less players playing the game? i see some people asking for account activation but i see less and less players... i dont have a great idea to call people out. the only thing that cross my mind is put only thoose maps that i now we all love but very rare to see playing.. think this that im saying in not new but we could try... there is too many discussions about cheaters and tks and banned players when we maybe should be speacking about new ways to increase the number of players.  :up:

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: Less players...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 08:37:24 AM »
There are more servers than players
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Mixk

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
I guess I don't understand. Of the 130 servers online as I type this 89 of them are AA 2 only maps and not including any [maap] maps either. Out of the 89 there is 29 different original AA 2 maps available to play now and the 49 people on playing now are playing four different AA 2 maps. People seem to have their favorite and go to it more times than not. Currently pipeline, bridge, urban assault, and sf hospital seem to be what the majority want to play. I know what you mean but people are a creature of habit and tend to be more at home, or comfortable playing maps they think they are good at.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 10:42:13 AM »
I know what you mean but people are a creature of habit and tend to be more at home, or comfortable playing maps they think they are good at.
i think thats a bit what i think we could change... people are playing thoose maps all the time... what i think we can change is for example.. ate the begining of the night if we have 2 or 3 players in less used maps the rest will follow.. "if you bild they will come" :P i dont now.. im just trying to figure out some solution to people stay playing...

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 10:47:12 AM »
There are more servers than players
Very true.. at least online at same time...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
I do every night around 20.00 CEST maps changes. like dusk, water, swamp, river, pcr and others.
and almost every time around 10-20 players. just for the one who would like to play something else :D

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:06:50 AM »
I do every night around 20.00 CEST maps changes. like dusk, water, swamp, river, pcr and others.
and almost every time around 10-20 players. just for the one who would like to play something else :D
i now merlin... i also try so change a bit the maps but only once or twice i got people there.. just miss alot thoose maps whit lots of people... specially river basin :)

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:36:04 AM »
The ability for everyone to put a server online (own or leased) killed the duck.
"Too much choice killed the choice" as they say in the business world..
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 08:43:27 AM »
the summer is coming....

Offline zoxee

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 08:47:06 AM »
the summer is coming....

So if God took out the Summer season, AA would then go bankrupt ? :P
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:21:14 AM »
hey zoxee - true, a lot of servers out there, BUT:

look how many do set up the same map. that's a bit the problem. I also did hate to play other maps then mountain pass and extraction, but after a wile, I love it to play other maps. it isn't that much boring anymore then

Offline zoxee

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:44:44 AM »
Redundancy over the total number of servers is not the problem.
The only way to make people play other maps would be that assist
only displays online servers with the same map for a day, then the same
with another map the next day and so on.

With this method, each of us would be forced to play 7 different maps every week  ;)

Offline Mixk

« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
Redundancy over the total number of servers is not the problem.
The only way to make people play other maps would be that assist
only displays online servers with the same map for a day, then the same
with another map the next day and so on.

With this method, each of us would be forced to play 7 different maps every week  ;)
Forcing people to do something is considered a dictatorship and in no uncertain terms will kill AA 2 faster than any thing else. Just look at what happened when the army couldn't get us to play AA3. They shut down all support for AA2 trying make us play their crappy, buggy AA3. That is why some quit AA altogether and why alot of us are here now. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
So if God took out the Summer season, AA would then go bankrupt ? :P

ik weis nicht was du da mit gott und der welt schnackst aber es war doch schon immer so das zum sommer einige leute auch ma nach drau?en gehn und bissel das wetter geni?en oder? :D

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #14 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 14:09:02 PM »
forcing is not good, but u could motivate ppl to play different maps with a rewarding system.

my thesis is:
new people are old people. in ancient army-times every map had their own community. like mountain pass, hqr, radio tower, csar etc.
bigger communities like bridge and hospi still exist, cause the maps get played. i see a lot of these old guys come back and leave again, because their map doesnt get played. if certain maps get played regularly again, they come back to play.
so the aim should be to make sure, all these new "old" players get what they are looking for, the possiblity to play their map. all the new activations dont help untill u make them stay with the game.
with higher numbers of players its easier to provide that and we get in a win-win situation.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager