ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Do we fire JonnyM for making bad calls?

Yes
1616 (82.5%)
No
342 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Leadership elections  (Read 6545 times)

JonnyM

Leadership elections
« on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:14:13 AM »
Some people here are making a big fuss about a recent important judgment call I have made, I still believe its the right thing to do, we cannot go on fighting people all the time, we have to at some point resolve our differences if we are to move on.

I believe i still have majority support for my leadership of this project but I think we should have a democratic election. There will now be a vote, Should JonnyM resign his leadership of the project?

If I loose I will complete the upcoming update but thats it, i walk.
If I win support my decisions.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:40:35 AM by JonnyM »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Leadership elections
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:18:03 AM »
Without a doubt, you're the right man for the job. ELiZ was pretty damn good but as a whole, you're the idea and meaning behind this project.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:24:19 AM »
You been doing good.
I voted that you should stay.

However, I think that the base of an democratic rule would allow people to disagree with you.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:29:38 AM »
U should stay. Ur doing a fine job overall.

But i do hate the decision that you unbanned pit, but we will see whatever happens in the future with him.

Pit i know ur reading this: i hope u changed, but i will never trust you. You did many shitty things, trust is something you should earn.

JonnyM

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
Some people go to far in their disagreeing! They get abusive and forget i do this for free.
I'm actually hoping to get voted out.... Looks like i'm not gonna be freed of my nightmare yet.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:31:16 AM »
I already wanted to post this in the other topic, but it is locked.

But seriously, I do support this action. I think the amount of security measures needed to stop pit if he still wanted to hack would cost us a lot more, now they can focus more on other things, and in this way it will be good for everyone.

In all honesty, I do not give one single fuck if the player im playing against has cheated in some past, as long as he doesn't cheat now, so we can just play normal. I have never used any hack in this game and I do not know what's it like or if a cheater is always a cheater (which I do not agree with, in that case anyone punished for any crime irl should get a lfietime punishment because they will "always be like that"). All cheats are detected now with the new system I suppose, so he can't do harm anymore anyways or he's banned.

So the only "disadvantage" I see is people who are complaining because of moral issues about cheaters. But with all respect, if he doesn't cheat anymore, what harm can he still do?

I know it's hard to make such a decisions, but I do appreciate the steps you make Jonny, you are a good leader, but don't give up because people are complaining about it. You know how humans are, complaining is a lot easier. A basic thing about humans: It's always far more easy to make someone unhappy opposed to make someone happy.

Now lets move on.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:34:04 AM »
Some people here are making a big fuss about a recent important judgment call I have made, I still believe its the right thing to do, we cannot go on fighting people all the time, we have to at some point resolve our differences if we are to move on.

I believe i still have majority support for my leadership of this project but I think we should have a democratic election. There will now be a vote, Should JonnyM resign his leadership of the project?

If I loose I will complete the upcoming update but thats it, i walk.
If I win all you hatters need to shut the hell up and support my decisions.
Is this even serious? Some may question the choices you make, but I don't think ANYBODY questions whether you're the right leader for this project.

I'm not sure why you're making this all or nothing when it shouldn't be.

JonnyM

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:35:47 AM »
Because I want to be freed of this nightmare job!

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:36:56 AM »
Some people go to far in their disagreeing! They get abusive and forget i do this for free.
I'm actually hoping to get voted out.... Looks like i'm not gonna be freed of my nightmare yet.

Offcourse many will hate or dont like you for some decisions you did. But if you look at the overall picture what you have done and hopefully will do in the future, you did a great job!

But this election is a escape route? You had enough?

JonnyM

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:38:45 AM »
Well actually i'm a little insulted by the community, I thought with all the work I put into the game the last 2 month that when i asked something back from the community (to let Pit play again) you would all show your support for me.

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:38:54 AM »
Because I want to be freed of this nightmare job!
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. Nobody is forcing anything upon you. Running a game is difficult work, which is usually why a lot of people get paid to do it for most games. You're just doing it out of the love for the game. People are going to disagree with you (I already did) but you can either ignore it or try to work with the community.A lot of people, including me, just don't like certain players getting preferential treatment. So many others get banned forever yet the biggest and loudest hackers get another shot? It's not fair. Surly you can understand people's frustration.

It doesn't have to be this be all end all situation of either people love what you want to do or you quit. If you really want to quit again, I don't think anybody would hold it against you though.

« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:41:29 AM by KiLLaMaN »

JonnyM

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:42:40 AM »
Can you not see the collateral damage of trying to keep pit out? we have over 100 new players waiting for activation. I can't manage that situation, can you?

Offline Bart!

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:42:50 AM »
Well actually i'm a little insulted by the community, I thought with all the work I put into the game the last 2 month that when i asked something back from the community (to let Pit play again) you would all show your support for me.
Sadly enough, a lot of people are spoiled, and will complain hard when it doesn't comprehend with their beleifs. Just keep doing what you're doing and do what you feel is right. If you get affected by the way other people judge, it will be hard to maintain leadership over bigger projects, because there will always be many people to disagree.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:43:48 AM »

We all respect the job your doing!
But giving pit a free pass after all he did, hell yeah i understand the hate against that decision.  But if i look it from the other side; i understand ur decision... but i hope, really do, that pit will not fuck it up...

Offline Alex

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:46:18 AM »
Can you not see the collateral damage of trying to keep pit out? we have over 100 new players waiting for activation.
Wasn't the whole training requirement supposed to stop people from creating a ton of accounts to circumvent bans like Pit did? Or was he getting through some other way? That's another thing, nobody really knows what is going on, only that you decided to unban Pit because ti was too hard to keep him out.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager