ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Do we fire JonnyM for making bad calls?

Yes
1616 (82.5%)
No
342 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Leadership elections  (Read 6627 times)

JonnyM

Re: Leadership elections
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:48:24 AM »
nobody really knows what is going on, only that you decided to unban Pit because ti was too hard to keep him out.

Thats all there is to know.

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:49:38 AM »
Thats all there is to know.
What about the rest of my post? About the training requirement? Why would that not work?

I completely understand your viewpoint. Try to make amends and get rid of the headache of banning Pit. but on the other hand, it's not fair to the other people that got banned for lighter offenses.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:50:14 AM »
Because I want to be freed of this nightmare job!

You should probably take a break, at least from my constant barrage of suggestions :) AA is a cruel bitch that consumes your time until you're insane if you let her. Take some time off once SAI is out, you deserve it.

Jonny, like I said in the other thread (not that I need to say it, you already know first hand);
People will always complain about change. Don't you dare make the Deployment button 1px wider or you'll have hell to pay. There is something I've wanted to post but didn't feel like making a new thread. I feel like now is a good time:

Take a look at the number of players online. That was May 2009 at 4pm PST, yea, back before the official Auth was shutdown. I checked today and there were 5x the amount of players on at the same time all using your Auth on your program. Not to mention, it's summer time, when there's usually less people on.

The direction the project has taken and the decisions that have been made and the work that has been done by all of the people that have contributed to what Assist is today should evoke nothing but a proud feeling. Especially for you, as our leader. There are those that complain, those that come and go but look at the numbers. They speak for themselves.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

JonnyM

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:50:24 AM »
About the training requirement? Why would that not work?

Don't know, i forgot all about that.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 02:53:49 AM »
You definitely were / are the head of this project and it should definitely stay that way.
Your last decision was a courageous one, you demonstrated thereby strong Leadership
and diplomacy skills that honor you. In fact, you understood well that Pit is not a hacker.
A hacker is someone who uses hacks (really ? :D) to own others and build an impressive
tracker and does everything in his power not to be accused or compromised, so he can
shine and despise other players. That Pit never did. He gives a fuck about tracker or fame,
in fact as he did realize that he couldn't do shit against private hacks when he was in charge,
he decided to apply the "9/11 conspiracy tactic" : raid his own people so they would be forced
to better their own security systems and take the cheater problem by the horns.
And that is what ultimately happened. Notice, now that the new AC system is in place,
Pit "surrendered"... what a coincidence ;)

Therefore i say long live Jonny and also thx Pit for forcing us to update our security system,
so that the vast majority of normal players can enjoy the fair and cheater-free AA game we all love.

Peace.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 03:00:35 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:05:05 AM »
Everyone come to a wrong decision from time to time, thats how life works.
Those who are flawless may toss the first stone.

Howsoever:
For whatever reasons,  unbanning an approved cheater is unjustifiable (IMHO).

It's a clear signal to all the cheating bastards out there:
The more you cheat, the likelier you will get unbanned.

We can only hope that every single server-owner will apply a permanent ban on pit.
At least I will, thats for sure.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:07:06 AM by Rob_LD »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:12:47 AM »
Also had no time for posting in the right topic, but I'm 100% for this decision. I think a lot of players don't really understand what's going on here. Like I said before, the ban-unban war is endless. When you ban a hacker, he'll find any possible way to get unbanned. So they banned Pit, stopped any new account from working, made the training rules, and still he would be able to play the game, don't try to lie to yourself by thinking the security of this project is unbreakable. It is very very good (for what i understand of it) but there's not such thing as 'perfect security'.

About the poll, i'm not even going to vote, as it's one of the most stupids question seen on this forums ;)
Keep up the good work, maybe take a break like spanky said, but please don't think about this as a nightmare. You've said it before, you will not be able to make EVERYBODY happy. You unbanned Pit, a lot of trouble is going to dissapear, you'll have more time for anything else (aa-related or not) and you will move on !!

We can only hope that every single server-owner will apply a permanent ban on pit.
At least I will, thats for sure.

So some people don't understand the situation huh. Do you really think he won't be able to play on your server anyway? That's the point of this discussion. You won't be able to ban him, so stop wasting time to do it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:21:06 AM by Ganja »

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »
So the conclusion is:
Shut down all the anti-hack stuff (It don't even work)?
Let's see whereto this would lead...  :?

And tell me, if there was no effect on banning pit's main account, why he is whiling to promise he won't cheat anymore only to get it back?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:31:02 AM »
So the conclusion is:
Shut down all the anti-hack stuff (It don't even work)?
Let's see whereto this would lead...  :?

And tell me, if there was no effect on banning pit's main account, why he is whiling to promise he won't cheat anymore only to get it back?

It doesn't work? Oh I thougt I wrote It worked very very well but wasn't perfect. Learn to read please.
And to your question: Pit doesn't enjoy hacking, believe it or not. He just wants to play this game with clean players. His error was to belive he could be the judge of his own judgments. And he's probably also bored of getting banned.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:43:13 AM »
You been doing good.
I voted that you should stay.

However, I think that the base of an democratic rule would allow people to disagree with you.

+1

Who's playing the game atm won't be happy at all about it, but in the end Jonny is making the right choice. Not saying that it's great to have Pit back, just it seems like the best choice right now.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:49:00 AM by Koden »

Offline Rob_LD

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:44:02 AM »
So we may shut it down for not being perfect.

And he's probably also bored of getting banned.
Oh, I see...
So we better stop now to not get him more bored.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:56:34 AM »
omg sry, I clicked the wrong button... Just woke up... :cry:

I ment no dont take away leadership from you Johnny, you did a great job except for one thing.

But the whole topic about pit is no reason to fire you.

greetings

Helly

JonnyM

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 04:58:30 AM »
I please someone voted yes, It was beginning to look like the election was rigged, Robert Muggabe style.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 05:01:56 AM »
As I wrote above: I clicked yes accidently.... Count it as a no Plz :shock:

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 05:03:39 AM »
what a kindergarten here.
Im so happy that i dont spend already money in this assist, seriously you are the first guys ive ever seen that you give a hacker a second chance.

If you go to other communitys, and admins will give somebody a second chance,... That admins get directly fired! Worst thing what you can do you must always look behind the community (the honestly people here) You want more people in game? and posting a thread about a hacker that he is unbanned? haha

I will do a nice picture about that here, posting it on some sites and then im gone.

"WE FIGHT AGAINST HACKERS"
© ASSIST

haha
piss you all!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager