Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Knife???  (Read 9823 times)

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

Re: Knife???
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 04:40:15 AM »
But many people would like knives back to AA, yes shotguns would also good gun which many likes it, but why you all against it? I think for right now we have enough maaps on aa, why not getting on weapons now? Nobody is good at coding but in time it can be learned. This community has more work on other things than maaps now. We have enough of them:) Don't see bigs or glitches.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 17:31:28 PM »
go play cod if you wana have a knife...

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 17:34:37 PM »
Thanks for contributing to the conversation elementx+, your thorough ideas will be considered by our dev team.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 18:03:18 PM »
Public relations at its best :D btw people please, if you don't like an idea as much as a concept related to new things that might get implemented, just go deeper than a 4 words sentence. It gets frustrating trying to get across a debate where people just doesn't appear to be willing at offering a meaningful contribute.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012, 23:06:46 PM »
go play cod if you wana have a knife...

I'm +2 on no knifes, the game design doesnt really allow you to sneak up on people and that is the idea of knifes.  Simply learn how to reload without being shot or cod play cod which is designed for knifes.

Shotguns are ok for messing around.

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 00:28:31 AM »
I'd support giving the knife a go after you finish up for the next release or whenever you find time, I'll beta  test for it ;)
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 02:53:57 AM »
i dont think knives belong in aao, agreed that they are for bf3 and cod.. the gameplay is the reason most people play aa 2.x series, if you add mods to game play your probably going divide the 2.x player base aswell (more) imo.... basically how aa3 changed gameplay, they also divided the players.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Ganja

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 03:03:10 AM »
Like someone said before in other topics, plz dev's make AA better, but plz don't change the gameplay too much. Knives would be a hige change in my view which will diide the number of player by 10 atleast. I bet 1 people on the 10 wants it ... But they could be funny in maps like urban or shipment. And yes good idea to make the shotgun better, cauz it looks pretty **** for now.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 03:24:55 AM »
It actually is. They just didn't bother creating a separate bullet for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_slug
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline JunK

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 07:13:46 AM »
No knife's make tomahawks  ;D

Offline StrongArchangel

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »
Fantastic idea. I really miss a melee attack in aa2. There's this weapon kick in AA3, which is helpful, and a knife would be great in AA2. I really hate the situations where i must reload or my gun jams or the game bugs out and doesn't let me reload or shoot or anything. Please make a melee weapon!

Offline Ganja

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
I really hate the situations where i must reload or my gun jams or the game bugs out and doesn't let me reload or shoot or anything. Please make a melee weapon!

Dude it's not about making the game easyer, it's yr responsibility to find a good place to hide or to run away or whatever. Knives don't match with AA, my opinion

Offline JunK

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »
if you guys don't want to get a knife back.. why you guys can't think about a melee attack with a weapon?

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 14:17:02 PM »
Why previous devs did it?????and people enjoyed it well. If like a weapon is bugged it is secondary one which would be knife...looking for a gun is faster to die than you would have a knife as a defence weapon, also it wouldn't piss off people if you would kill by hitting 3, 4 times tomes, also depends what health the enemy has, I don't know why you so negative about knifes, it wouldn't ruined the game, it would be more fun of the game, also it should be on couple maps, maybe on couple map it would be possible to make. If it does seem to be popular you can think of adding to more maps, it's just to improve game, This game is based on real army, real army soldiers do have knifes, or is it not based for a real army game?
Why you not to try also get some experience doing animation,coding, modeling? Some devs have all day on pc that would be a great idea learning things:)Just my idea:)

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 14:20:25 PM »
ppl keep saying 'bring knives back' and the 'previous devs did it' ... wtfrly? what version do you have a melee or knife (fully functional)? cuz apparently i missed it.

and imo, melee is the same thing as knifing.... for bf3 and cod games, not aaos
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 14:22:08 PM by soupcakes »
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager