Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Is AA2 beter than AA4 YES / NO  (Read 14230 times)

Offline AoG_Haunter

Re: Is AA2 beter than AA4 YES / NO
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »
I love AA. I began playing at the age of 5 years old with my dad, mom, and older sister.  We made the AoG clan, and I guess it kinda stuck.  After a few years the community died, and my family gave up on the game.  I at one point tried aa3, but did not get the feeling I used to get from my favorite AA.  AA2!!   I saw that AA4 came out, tried it.  My opinion to "arcady". The developers are trying to interest younger children as a recruiting mechanism.  The game does not have the best aspects of AA2, and all of the maps of AA4 are crappy remakes of AA2 maps.  I especially hate the new bridge map!    AA2 will live on forever as the best Americas Army!

Offline Ganja

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:00:49 PM »
Welcome back :)

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:03:38 PM »
It wasn't self healing, it was field dressing. Which meant to lie down on the ground, press some button, wait untill the bar will be filled, and eventually- it did almost NOTHING, i.e., it slowered you bleeding. And you could only do it if you were a medic, and only once in a round.

In AA:PG, it's a Rambo self healing, everyone is a medic, you can bandage yourself instantly while being shot at and COMPLETELY stop bleeding. And then run and revive a whole team. And then be shot and get revived and etc.

It's a bs BF wanna be game with much worse graphics (unreal engine) and much less features.

I don't say that people cant like it. For a free game its probably one of the best ones, but it has nothing to do with the original Americas Army concept

up +1
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »
It wasn't self healing, it was field dressing. Which meant to lie down on the ground, press some button, wait untill the bar will be filled, and eventually- it did almost NOTHING, i.e., it slowered you bleeding. And you could only do it if you were a medic, and only once in a round.
everyone could heal themselves, no need to be a medic and you could do it while crouching too, and ofcourse aapg is shit, what could you expect from devs that dont listen to comp community, bad, bad devs. damn sometimes i think, if devs would make a total remake of aa2 with better engine etc.. then the statistics would be like 100 time higher than right now.

Offline Da_Chef

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:05:09 PM »
AA2 for the win. I dont need a callofdutystyle Gameplay in americas army. 2.5 is still the most tacticool game;)

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 14:33:50 PM »
AA2 for the win. I dont need a callofdutystyle Gameplay in americas army. 2.5 is still the most tacticool game;)
You said that because you never played in Arma...

On topic: This question is nonsense - it depends on who you ask ...

- Old school players will vote for AA2.5 because of gameplay, cause they know it and it's hard to change for them the way they play it.
- For the noobies AA3/4 is better because they don't like too much any kind of simulations (soldier classes etc...) - easy gameplay => easy kill.

There is many aspects, which will vote for AA3/4 like new Engine, much better graphic quality, new server system - but for oldies it doesn't matter...

Some time ago, the UT community asked themselves the same question and at the end, they split for the same reasons.

For me, none of them is better than Arma 2/3 - in any aspect (gameplay, simulation, graphic quality etc.).
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Eximius

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:48:17 PM »
the last modern americas army i played was 3, and it failed... bad servers, bad connections, etc..
so i could not test the gameplay. stil, being on linux i doubt i will ever be able to play the latest / newest americas army.

off topic about that arma simulator :
to respond to the tactical realism (which will always be adjusted to fit a game), arma is a continuation of operation flashpoint once the most realistic army shooter, but its modern versions wearing that name are not so "real".
the devs behind arma once where the devs of cold war crisis, but the publishers blocked them from using the O.P. name so it became arma.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 16:13:44 PM »
Off topic:
...arma is a continuation of operation flashpoint once the most realistic army shooter, but its modern versions wearing that name are not so "real"...
Yeah, even OF2 is not the same... Still - from time to time - I play once again in the original OF. Graphic quality is nil, but the gameplay is a masterpiece.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 23:25:56 PM »
This is like Comparing Diablo II to Diablo III lol, too much hate :banned:
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline ImSmokin

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 26, 2013, 22:06:15 PM »
Will never let go of AA2. Tried both aa3 and aa4 with such high hopes that i guess it ruined it for me. NOTHING like the original. although they are both unique in there own ways, not for me. AA2 or ill play BF for xbox lol

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager