Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Is AA2 beter than AA4 YES / NO  (Read 14303 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Is AA2 beter than AA4 YES / NO
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 19:40:29 PM »
Aa4 is a bad ass game , problem here from you all didn't give it a chance and wanna be playing only 1 game that is close  to 10 years old, don't get me wrong aa2 is and will always be the best made realistic game..  but before talking bad about Aa4 play it for a good month guaranteed you will enjoy playing it as much as aa2, if not then it's just not for you then

Offline [W]ello3^

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 02:27:36 AM »
aa2 is by far better than 114 they messed this game up well AND TRUELY AA3 ANd aa4 aint even near to aa2 cant beat it

Offline dtruesdale

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 02:33:59 AM »
AA2 is better then the others, The others have turned into Gears of War if you look at them closely. Same concept.

Offline HellFire

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 05:20:52 AM »
I like AA4, its a pretty fun game being able to bandage yourself, heal teammates and secure the enemy, it makes it a team game because you all help each other, when someone on your team is taken down you take out the enemy then you can heal your downed teammate bringing your team back together.

I still prefer AA2 however because like people have said it feels far more realistic with the gameplay, weapons, shooting etc

So yeh, both have good and bad points but I think AA2 will always be closer to peoples hearts  :style:

Offline [TBB]Captain[HUN]

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 05:42:12 AM »
no.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 08:13:43 AM »
lol all assist admins are idiots. i seen this before so i stoped playing. die all assist programmers

no.

Funny how you're still hanging around

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 09:01:41 AM »
I came back to read the excuses that the admins would come up with. Its pretty fucked up when an update is made so that these cock suckers can have access to anyone's computer.

just piss of now

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 09:07:12 AM »
I played AA4 for the last days and it has nothing to do with Americas Army apart from the name. Its just like any other shooter game. There are less features than in AA2. You cannot pickup/drop weapons, no fix jams. No leaning. You can live grenades but in a dumb way. AA2 was way better in many aspects. The biggest map is Hospital. The rest of the maps are the size of Collapsed Tunnel. Or 1/2 of Dusk. No tactical play, just stupid rushes and revives.

AA2 is just better !

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 05:59:45 AM »
the aspect of self healing was integrated in 2.8.5

Offline Ilmari

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:23:22 AM »
 :)AA2 better

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »
the aspect of self healing was integrated in 2.8.5

It wasn't self healing, it was field dressing. Which meant to lie down on the ground, press some button, wait untill the bar will be filled, and eventually- it did almost NOTHING, i.e., it slowered you bleeding. And you could only do it if you were a medic, and only once in a round.

In AA:PG, it's a Rambo self healing, everyone is a medic, you can bandage yourself instantly while being shot at and COMPLETELY stop bleeding. And then run and revive a whole team. And then be shot and get revived and etc.

It's a bs BF wanna be game with much worse graphics (unreal engine) and much less features.

I don't say that people cant like it. For a free game its probably one of the best ones, but it has nothing to do with the original Americas Army concept
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 06:33:27 AM by alechko1 »

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 09:51:47 AM »
I will start by saying that you cannot compare 2 games that are over 10 years apart from each other.

I agree with whoever said that the only thing that they have in common is the name, what makes AA2 or AA4 the best game is up to you, wether yuo like AA4 or AA2 the best having said that i will give my 2 cents.

Before i start i would like to say that this is my personal opinion, any hate post or trolling will be responded with a FCUK OFF.

AA2:

1-  Great Maps (tactical ones and Rush ones).
2-  Great Gameplay (leaning pronning,lay down, Weapon Jams etc all feels natural to me).
3-  Weapon sounds, looks and feel great.
4-  Ingame sound (foosteps, direction where bullets are fired etc is not so great to me).
5-  Great comunity people here are really friends. (I guess this is for the mature ones).
6-  Many other great things.

AA4:

1-  Altho there are few weapons in the game they look really good and if you get the hang on them you are pretty much unstopable.
2-  Medic Clasification, altho i call it bullshit because no one can get revived from a HS with a sniper rifle that must crack your head like a watermelon.
3-  Tactical maps like 3 kings if defense plays his cards rigth the objective is unbreachable.
4-  New engine wich is always great.

I can agree that this new version of AA is nothing like the real deal, or what the US Army show us in previous versions, but i do belive that as the gaem is still a work in progress they will be fixing things and pleasing the cominity.

Thank you for taking the time to try to understand my poor english.
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
I will start by saying that you cannot compare 2 games that are over 10 years apart from each other.

I agree with whoever said that the only thing that they have in common is the name, what makes AA2 or AA4 the best game is up to you, wether yuo like AA4 or AA2 the best having said that i will give my 2 cents.

Before i start i would like to say that this is my personal opinion, any hate post or trolling will be responded with a FCUK OFF.

AA2:

2-  Great Gameplay (leaning pronning,lay down, Weapon Jams etc all feels natural to me).
4-  Ingame sound (foosteps, direction where bullets are fired etc is not so great to me).
5-  Great comunity people here are really friends. (I guess this is for the mature ones).

AA4:

1-  Altho there are few weapons in the game they look really good and if you get the hang on them you are pretty much unstopable.
2-  Medic Clasification, altho i call it bullshit because no one can get revived from a HS with a sniper rifle that must crack your head like a watermelon.
3-  Tactical maps like 3 kings if defense plays his cards rigth the objective is unbreachable.

I can agree that this new version of AA is nothing like the real deal, or what the US Army show us in previous versions, but i do belive that as the gaem is still a work in progress they will be fixing things and pleasing the cominity.

I agree with everything you said, except the fact that the stuff you mentioned about AA4 are adventages: Medic Calssification is bs- exactly like you said. 3 kings is unbalanced in favor of deff- so it's a disadvantage.

The only thing that is an advntage about AA4 is its graphics, which is no way can compensate for the stuff you have mentioned about AA2

Offline Ganja

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »

AA2:

AA4:

Good arguments. One thing i'd like to say is: About AA4, when you get a headshot you can't get revived right? Think i saw it on a video. On youtube the game looks good, just sad they made it too different of AA2 :/

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »
Don't judge a book by it's cover, it is still a work in progres...

AA2 has far much more unique features than AA4 that is for sure but we have to wait and see what the Devs come up with,.

@ganja that is on HARDCORE servers, but basically you can set your server with your own set of rules get revived once, get shot again full disable and other stuffs.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 16, 2013, 10:30:46 AM by [Nifty]-mister »
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager