Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Invisible Clan  (Read 7414 times)

Offline hype

• RIP AA Competition
    • View Profile
  • AA: nsd[hyPe]
Invisible Clan
« on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 18:20:50 PM »
This community is far too small, especially NA, to be bullying players on your server to play whatever side you prefer, while stacking your clan on the other. Yes I understand it's your server but you keep doing things like this and soon enough, no one is going to even bother playing there. Not to mention this behavior is toxic towards the community.

For those that weren't there:
We were all having a good time playing on maps such as Urban and MOUT but as soon as a map like "Pipeline SF" was chosen (And I assume any map with assault/defense), their clan forced everyone to switch to Assault or be kicked. If refuse again, banned. I voiced my concerns by asking why we aren't allowed to play defense if we choose, and they muted me. I left the server after that.

I saw someone put in chat from their clan on MOUT about their ping being high (Someone must have asked why they all camp so much) and I'm guessing that's their reasoning for wanting to all be on defense. I play from Japan so if I can suck it up, so can you.

That is all, have a great day.
US Army Active Duty
Past Comp: CAL-invite / TWL-inters / CEVO-P
Past Teams: nsd / epiC

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible Clan
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 20:13:14 PM »
play else where fuc k em

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 20:25:10 PM »
Typical players, don't expect to be any better, you will find out soon what kind of community this is.

Offline hype

• RIP AA Competition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 20:54:39 PM »
There's usually only one NA server going at a time lol, unless everyone goes elsewhere - no where else to go. Nevertheless, I did leave anyway.
US Army Active Duty

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 21:06:22 PM »
It's nice that someone reaches the forum to point out things like this. On the other hand, people suck, sad that they can't realize what it looks like. I think that matches made of up to 15 rounds max. and forced map rotation at each match should be the average habit around (i played for quite a long time this way, maps never get boring and people don't make too much of a side preference).

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 21:12:11 PM »
That's why I love playing on lungs server. Map rotation after every set. Gets to be fun running around not knowing some maps lol. But I always have a great time in there TeamSpeak. . Some I leave needing a bottle of asprins. But we'll worth it

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 20, 2015, 23:43:13 PM »
That's why I love playing on lungs server. Map rotation after every set. Gets to be fun running around not knowing some maps lol. But I always have a great time in there TeamSpeak. . Some I leave needing a bottle of asprins. But we'll worth it

Hehe, always a good time on our servers :)

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 01:13:50 AM »
The reason clans "stack up" one particular side is usually because they're on TS and don't want to play against eachother.
And if half of the players on a server are from one clan, they will try to join one side. Sad that it has to be defense.
It's not the case always, but it is the case most of the time.

And I also kind of like IL server with it's mapchanges. However, I sometimes find it frustrating that I can't really get settled into a map before it's changed already :D
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »
The reason clans "stack up" one particular side is usually because they're on TS and don't want to play against eachother.
And if half of the players on a server are from one clan, they will try to join one side. Sad that it has to be defense.

And I also kind of like IL server with it's mapchanges. However, I sometimes find it frustrating that I can't really get settled into a map before it's changed already :D

Cmon! Being on TS isn't an excuse, you can have Assault and Defense channels. And about clan mates, i think it would be wierd to me if i were to be in a clan, and all my teammates were to stack up in one team, making quite an unfair balance for a casual public match.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 07:08:00 AM by Koden »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »
Cmon! Being on TS isn't an excuse, you can have Assault and Defense channels. And about clan mates, i think it would be wierd to me if i were to be in a clan, and all my teammates were to stack up in one team, making quite an unfair balance for a casual public match.

That's what I was thinking too. If you're on teamspeak, you probably have teamwork, better communication etc, so it would be cooler to actually play assault together, at least that's what we did in BLANKS :)

On another note Hype, if you've done cal-invite and twl and other comps, you are probably a better player than them so it shouldn't be a problem to kick their ass even on assault. Still I get it gets annoying to be switched.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
That's what I was thinking too. If you're on teamspeak, you probably have teamwork, better communication etc, so it would be cooler to actually play assault together, at least that's what we did in BLANKS :)

On another note Hype, if you've done cal-invite and twl and other comps, you are probably a better player than them so it shouldn't be a problem to kick their ass even on assault. Still I get it gets annoying to be switched.
Normally I would agree, however he just said he plays from Japan now, his ping will be a major disadvantage on those. With lower pings it's way easier to dominate others with prefiring and peaking.

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »
I wasn't trying to excuse it, I was merely explaining why it happens.
I didn't mean to say what's happening is good.
Ah, the good old BLANK times! :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 10:40:29 AM »
after a hard day of work, i do enjoy to play with my clan mates. and i also like to talk to them all.
this is why i try to put the clan members on one side. sure, on pipe it could be assault. but a clan is not only there to have a lot of players which do not talk to each other. the fun is when you can make jokes and to comment your team mate how bad he was :)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 11:08:30 AM »
Correct Merlin. We were always one side in old AA. And always on assault. Or you never got in the clan.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline hype

• RIP AA Competition
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, February 21, 2015, 14:18:19 PM »

I am aware of the reasons for stacking one side. All I was pointing out was, as you said, having to be defense. I noticed their clan has a few "frag rate whores" one of which reconnected whenever I would kill him. From what I saw they don't enjoy challenge and just stack one side - the easier one - to improve frag rates. I'm not saying all of them do that but I also don't see any of them speaking up saying "no, let's not do that."
Not to toot my own horn but when I was in there most of them didn't ..improve...their fragrate but the less experienced/skilled players on my team were at a huge disadvantage. Mostly I was just aggravated because there are still new/newer players in this community and with servers like this it may turn them away or discourage them.

Normally I would agree, however he just said he plays from Japan now, his ping will be a major disadvantage on those. With lower pings it's way easier to dominate others with prefiring and peaking.

Yes, thank you for observing my ping issue lol. Normally if I were in the U.S. it wouldn't be an issue but nonetheless, it is still hard to crack a pipeline defense that is stacked + TS communication.

On another note I myself do enjoy being on my own team's TS and team but if I notice the teams are stacked and we are continually winning then I will step up and switch teams. There is one exception as Killaman would probably attest to where I was on a team with my buddies sh4dy and dickrobinson and we stacked on CSAR. That was purely because it was the first time we had all played together and were on TS in a very, very long time. Don't want to sound like a hypocrite so I will man up to that one.
US Army Active Duty

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager