Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Image in Pm-s  (Read 7707 times)

Mia Cop

Re: Image in Pm-s
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:19:22 PM »
With Mac you can ;) button combination makes the screenshot as a .png file to your desktop, dunno if Windows can do the same.

What is PH?

I know how to make screenshots R.  :cheer: :-)
I am just wondering if there is some button combination also for Windows like for Mac users. Would be easier. Everything goes to one file and after i can copy and edit them in PS.

PH is PS (Photoshop (was written wrong) :-)  :oops:

Offline ronski

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:26:51 PM »
I havent used "shot" myself so Im not sure if it's the same as printscreen in Windows. If that F9 works like I thought it worked, it would save your shots to one folder ( which would be the answer to one of your questions ) but if not, then it just copies the ss to your clipboard and it disappears unless you paste it, and this wouldnt help you out in this case

Mia Cop

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:28:56 PM »
I havent used "shot" myself so Im not sure if it's the same as printscreen in Windows. If that F9 works like I thought it worked, it would save your shots to one folder ( which would be the answer to one of your questions ) but if not, then it just copies the ss to your clipboard and it disappears unless you paste it, and this wouldnt help you out in this case

Mine F9 doesn't work for screenshots. Maybe there is some way to fix it?

Offline ronski

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:39:11 PM »
Mine F9 doesn't work for screenshots. Maybe there is some way to fix it?
I'm at bed but I try my best: open Assist, choose settings tab, start editing user.ini, scroll down and find F9. If there reads F9=shot then it should work. If you dont have button settings there at that .ini file then they were at the other one :D but I would start with user.ini

So if it's set, then F9 should work like "shot" command. Does your other keys from F-row work, for example F1 or F5? If not then your F-row is disabled from use.

If you press F9, or write to console "shot" (without the "" things) and you are not seeing your ss at clipboard, then it most likely saved the screenshot to Assist folders as a image file

And Assist folders you will find from here, my guess is that they are in some folder under system/pb/

WINDOWS XP: C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\25Assist\
WINDOWS VISTA/7/8/10: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:41:47 PM by ronski »

Offline ..!..NSS..!..

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 22:02:21 PM »
hey NSS how you doing these days - what happened to your clan mate DKU
sorry we used to speak more often but I hardly see you ingame anymore

Lord-of-War  :style:

I am good , very busy . I have not talked to anyone in DKU in a long time. Last I heard people were busy. Yes I am working on technical issues with my  ISP that prevent me from playing often and trying to make time to actually play.
The religious fingers are for people who have no rational argument left. If the world was supposed have religion it would have been made with it billions of years ago. I won't stop you from living in Fantasyland.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 23:38:35 PM »
Dropbox works great as well. Much easier to upload, share and manage pictures and files.

Quoting the above for visibility.

Regarding taking the screenshot, Snipping Tool is the easiest method in Windows but it doesn't work well for full screen games. The alternative would be the in-game "shot" command that was already mentioned. The downside with that is they are stored in Bitmap (.BMP) format which takes up a lot of space and actually takes a decent amount of time to write to the disk. The file could be 4-6MB which doesn't sound like a lot but adds up if you're rapidly tapping your keybind to get screenshots of action. My personal favorite/alternative to the above is to use FRAPS. Bind a key and set it to record in PNG format. It's lossless (same quality as BMP) but is compressed. They're usually 1-2MB in size and are the best quality you can get with the smallest file size. You can use JPG format but if you're doing graphic work and want exact colors/detail, PNG is better.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ..!..NSS..!..

« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 00:15:02 AM »
Quoting the above for visibility.

Regarding taking the screenshot, Snipping Tool is the easiest method in Windows but it doesn't work well for full screen games. The alternative would be the in-game "shot" command that was already mentioned. The downside with that is they are stored in Bitmap (.BMP) format which takes up a lot of space and actually takes a decent amount of time to write to the disk. The file could be 4-6MB which doesn't sound like a lot but adds up if you're rapidly tapping your keybind to get screenshots of action. My personal favorite/alternative to the above is to use FRAPS. Bind a key and set it to record in PNG format. It's lossless (same quality as BMP) but is compressed. They're usually 1-2MB in size and are the best quality you can get with the smallest file size. You can use JPG format but if you're doing graphic work and want exact colors/detail, PNG is better.

I just want to mention that you must be a registered user for png formating to work. :) So this may save you a few steps to register the software as soon as you install it.
The religious fingers are for people who have no rational argument left. If the world was supposed have religion it would have been made with it billions of years ago. I won't stop you from living in Fantasyland.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 00:57:25 AM »
My bad, I thought it was available in the free version as well.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 01:27:27 AM »
If you press F9 in game the screenshots go to the "screenshots" folder in your AA installation, by default it is where Ronski posted it to be.
For example:
Code: [Select]
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\armyops/screenshots
This is by far the simplest way to get screenshots from the game. However, like Spanky mentioned, it can freeze your computer for a second for saving, which is not always ideal.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 03:28:06 AM »
screenshots are saved in the C:/PF/USARMY/americas army/screenshots folder

Offline ronski

« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 03:40:15 AM »
If you press F9 in game the screenshots go to the "screenshots" folder in your AA installation, by default it is where Ronski posted it to be.
For example:
Code: [Select]
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\armyops/screenshots
This is by far the simplest way to get screenshots from the game. However, like Spanky mentioned, it can freeze your computer for a second for saving, which is not always ideal.
Good to know, if server is set to take screenshots of players, will those shots go there at server under system/pb/ - might be actually a folder named as "svss". Anyway those pb shots are most likely either black or pink so they are useless nowadays. But with the logic above thought these shots would go to under pb as well :)

Offline ..!..NSS..!..

« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 03:50:30 AM »
This software works well also , https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html , There is a trial version if one can not afford to buy it. Fraps is a little more basic then mirillis as far as user friendlyness interface goes last time i checked. Both perform very well. There are also a handfull of other wares that will do the trick.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 05:38:26 AM »
Good to know, if server is set to take screenshots of players, will those shots go there at server under system/pb/ - might be actually a folder named as "svss". Anyway those pb shots are most likely either black or pink so they are useless nowadays. But with the logic above thought these shots would go to under pb as well :)
Client != server :)
Yes, the server PBSS (like you said, useless nowadays) should go under /pb/svss.

As for where the SS would go on MAC, I'm not sure.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 05:43:16 AM »
Yes, the server PBSS (like you said, useless nowadays) should go under /pb/svss.

Yea they are different of course, but the logic could have been the same :)

In Mac I guess they are in same place as for Win users, but you just need to open the .app with right click and choose to open package contents, then you are able to access the files n folders

Offline ..!..NSS..!..

« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 22, 2016, 05:51:01 AM »

Are they usless cause it appears some still work , this is from this year.
http://82nd.us/modules/AA_gameservers/ss.php?pname=V%21P3R&pbtid=828131

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager