Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Idea to get old and new players back!  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Idea to get old and new players back!
« on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 09:43:25 AM »
Troll youtube for AA4 videos and even AA3 and older aa2.

Comment that aa2.5assist is still around.

From what I see many people say they want 2 back and ive commented a on a few. Hit likeon these comments too! Post the vids if you have commented and others can view it and like it.

Sadly aa4 seems just like cod and bf and exactly what killed AA in the 1st place. aa3 was trash and sadly 4  looks the same! :(

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Idea to get old and new players back!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 10:26:23 AM »
i was thinking about having a server for aa4 (i had already one, but deleted again) with the message running:

>> do you know, aa2 is still ongoing. join aao25.com to see details <<

but i dont know if it would be a good thing or not :)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 10:31:20 AM »
Do it. And make the server unplayable with 30 second rounds lol

Offline denial.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 10:37:50 AM »
I personally think AA4 has potential..

Advertising in this manner might help to bring in a very small number of players, but i doubt it would bring many.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 09, 2013, 10:39:24 AM by denial. »

Offline waNted

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 10:49:32 AM »
I personally think AA4 has potential..

Advertising in this manner might help to bring in a very small number of players, but i doubt it would bring many.
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 11:26:11 AM »
Whenever I see an AA video where people comment about how they miss AA2, I always reply and send people here. It's a good idea.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 18:28:07 PM »
aa4 will die in a few months

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 20:26:20 PM »
Troll youtube for AA4 videos and even AA3 and older aa2.

Comment that aa2.5assist is still around.

From what I see many people say they want 2 back and ive commented a on a few. Hit likeon these comments too! Post the vids if you have commented and others can view it and like it.

Sadly aa4 seems just like cod and bf and exactly what killed AA in the 1st place. aa3 was trash and sadly 4  looks the same! :(

America's Army 3 was not what killed AA2. Time and players dropping in favor of newer games was what in the end took the game down. Proving Grounds is just what the name stands for, a series of proving grounds, with the exception of a few real-scenario levels (Bridge and Hospital). It's fast paced but as a whole it makes much more sense than what AA3 used to, and for a beta it works very decent. If you want to get a bit more realistic try the "hardcore" mode, some features are disabled and it's not as rushed as the normal gameplay.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 20:29:39 PM »
It's cool to respond to people talking about AA2, but trolling AA3 and AA4 videos is pretty lame. That doesn't give us a good image.

Offline ImSmokin

« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 22:31:07 PM »
anyone commenting on post on battletracker for aa3 + 4? Would be awesome to get a bigger community going, having just joined im curious as when this started and how many members have been picked up since

Offline R@ider911

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 14:14:14 PM »
AA3 may not have directly killed AA2 but that was the result since many stopped playing (myself included)  cause AA3 sucked. I by chance found the Assist site and started playing again.  May find more that would come back if they knew, so I think putting it out there on other game servers is good idea.

Offline Gaboss

« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 14:51:40 PM »
Here s an idea! There are ppl out there that played all versions of AA, right? (i havent cause my sh itty laptop hardly fullfills AA2 min. sys. req.) So it would be nice to "steal" all the best features of AA3 and AA4 (that all those players like so much) and implement in AA2 :) Maybe some of them would consider playing AA2 again.

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 15:11:12 PM »
or we could import/incorporate these maps into arma 3 and continue there

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 15:46:06 PM »
Here s an idea! There are ppl out there that played all versions of AA, right? (i havent cause my sh itty laptop hardly fullfills AA2 min. sys. req.) So it would be nice to "steal" all the best features of AA3 and AA4 (that all those players like so much) and implement in AA2 :) Maybe some of them would consider playing AA2 again.

AA3 and AA4 are absolute SH1t! They are completely different from AA2. AA2 is unique and awesome.

AA3, and 4 are so much like BF and COD, faster pace and seemingly less realistic and simply pure shit. They are all going after the console feel, like how halo is.

or we could import/incorporate these maps into arma 3 and continue there

That could be very well possible arma 2 sucked, like aa4 it seems when u press crouch, it crouches, but u cant press again to stand, u need to push a diff one lol. Small things like that kill it.

arma 3 vids look cool, i assume any tweeks are possible in that game so its possible to make it nearly 100% like aa2 game play?

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 15:51:39 PM »
AA3 and AA4 are absolute SH1t! They are completely different from AA2. AA2 is unique and awesome.

AA3, and 4 are so much like BF and COD, faster pace and seemingly less realistic and simply pure shit. They are all going after the console feel, like how halo is.

That could be very well possible arma 2 sucked, like aa4 it seems when u press crouch, it crouches, but u cant press again to stand, u need to push a diff one lol. Small things like that kill it.

arma 3 vids look cool, i assume any tweeks are possible in that game so its possible to make it nearly 100% like aa2 game play?

Arma 3 is the most similar game to aa2 as far as I know... however, the only problem is that it still has ALOT of hackers, I believe the programmers are trying to sort this out.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager