Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: I have a question for all players? I want all of them odgovor..thanks  (Read 15130 times)

Offline raw

Re: I have a question for all players? I want all of them odgovor..thanks
« Reply #15 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »
I havnt play this game for a year now. I always thought i will never leave AA2 but i have to admit since i bought a new PC and i finally got to test other games with good graphics etc...this game just feels...stupid. I could play a round or two just for nostalgic feeling but not more.

We use battletracker.com for our server in AA : PG and i check the serverlist of AA2 almost everyday..usually evening. I've noticed not even the evening time doesnt matter weekend or during the week theres barely 1 server full of players...max 3 servers with a few players.

From my side, i never thanked the assist ADMINS for your work here but now i have a chance to say it. Thank you for running this when i was active here also.

Ps. I dont think theres much you can do to get more players back to this game...as someone said when you have a better pc and you test other games...you must be really AA2 freak to play this still everyday.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »
I havnt play this game for a year now. I always thought i will never leave AA2 but i have to admit since i bought a new PC and i finally got to test other games with good graphics etc...this game just feels...stupid. I could play a round or two just for nostalgic feeling but not more.

We use battletracker.com for our server in AA : PG and i check the serverlist of AA2 almost everyday..usually evening. I've noticed not even the evening time doesnt matter weekend or during the week theres barely 1 server full of players...max 3 servers with a few players.

From my side, i never thanked the assist ADMINS for your work here but now i have a chance to say it. Thank you for running this when i was active here also.

Ps. I dont think theres much you can do to get more players back to this game...as someone said when you have a better pc and you test other games...you must be really AA2 freak to play this still everyday.
Bok Raw
Yes, it was difficult to attract players.but should try while there is still anyone.
yet there are players who play every day(alkos,hehe).
for all it's worth to try whatever you can.or we reintroduce the 203 in game maybe again start playing
I know that you're playing AAPG,and we talked once in your server.as you said yes yes that I'm the Raw,Bok Bok

If you do not see here is with you in the AAPG

Offline ronski

« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 11:13:56 AM »
It's not the rpg nor lack of 203 that drives people away, unstable servers caused by daily attacks against the server application in certain ip's is the issue ( as far as I have understood ), there are providers who have protected servers but even they cant prevent these attacks ( yet ). If there was a way to fix the Vanilla app, then there might be way to beat this mofo.

And btw, there is a way to play the game even if auth was down or even if this would die. As long as you make sure information about your own LAN server doesnt end up into wrong hands, you can enjoy of this game as much as you want without no one crashing it. It works like a charm, we have had no issues while playing over there. When we were not able to play internal scrims anymore, we had to figure out another way to play the game.

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 11:31:59 AM »
It's not the rpg nor lack of 203 that drives people away, unstable servers caused by daily attacks against the server application in certain ip's is the issue ( as far as I have understood ), there are providers who have protected servers but even they cant prevent these attacks ( yet ). If there was a way to fix the Vanilla app, then there might be way to beat this mofo.

And btw, there is a way to play the game even if auth was down or even if this would die. As long as you make sure information about your own LAN server doesnt end up into wrong hands, you can enjoy of this game as much as you want without no one crashing it. It works like a charm, we have had no issues while playing over there. When we were not able to play internal scrims anymore, we had to figure out another way to play the game.
yes Ronski

primarily to demolition servers but everything else
203 I thought maybe attract players again
I do not know,just know that the empty servers.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 19, 2016, 13:18:29 PM by General_alkos »

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 13:57:17 PM »
you cant use 203 if servers are down 25% of the time

Offline ronski

« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 14:04:11 PM »
yes Ronski

primarily to demolition servers but everything else
203 I thought maybe attract players again
I do not know,just know that the empty servers.
Yep servers are empty because they keep crashing day after day. You can thank for the polish friend of yours who gave admin rights for you to his server.

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 14:29:26 PM »
Yep servers are empty because they keep crashing day after day. You can thank for the polish friend of yours who gave admin rights for you to his server.

What to say on this?
anything to do with my admin rights?I do not understand?
admins are alkos, alienu2, igc = Wickid, igc = cheesey throne, voras etc
I do not know what the admins wrong?
as you accused me of that fall servers or all of us admins

a little strange and unexpected from you.
thanks Bok

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 15:28:21 PM »
What to say on this?

thanks Bok

Server attacks have nothing to do with your server admin rights...rather, as Ronski implied, with the person who probably gave them to you (which is Pit, I guess?).

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 15:59:41 PM »
The main reason for me is the down time, servers or auth, caused by the attacks. Been playing this game since 2004, quited somewhere in 2010 and started playing again spring 2015, when heard a buddy talking about assist. Even last year i used to play a few evenings a week, but lately not so much, since atleast every friday evening and saturday evening, there is a attack. These two evenings i want to spend well, which means i do not want bs server attacks.
Since the attacks started and comming frequently, the ammount of players drops. In the end, our dear friend, got what he want: if i cant play, noone can.

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 17:03:16 PM »
you cant use 203 if servers are down 25% of the time
I know, but I still would have wanted

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 17:11:25 PM »
Server attacks have nothing to do with your server admin rights...rather, as Ronski implied, with the person who probably gave them to you (which is Pit, I guess?).

Yes Koden
Server attacks have nothing to do with your server admin rights.
Just a little rough expressed.turn out in general and should write Pit is bla bla
and admins are not ..whatever
bok

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 19, 2016, 17:20:48 PM »
The main reason for me is the down time, servers or auth, caused by the attacks. Been playing this game since 2004, quited somewhere in 2010 and started playing again spring 2015, when heard a buddy talking about assist. Even last year i used to play a few evenings a week, but lately not so much, since atleast every friday evening and saturday evening, there is a attack. These two evenings i want to spend well, which means i do not want bs server attacks.
Since the attacks started and comming frequently, the ammount of players drops. In the end, our dear friend, got what he want: if i cant play, noone can.
Bok Placid
I would like to play as before with full servers
i do not like this as now often listless because of such games.
and most would like to know who this with certainty

bok m8

Offline ronski

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 03:54:11 AM »
What to say on this?

thanks Bok
Eh.. Like I said before, the language barrier makes discussing about the matter so difficult. Koden explained my words quite well, i didn't mean that you or your admin rights would have anything to do with this, I meant that the one who gave you your rights (Pit) might have his arms deep in this shit

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 05:20:51 AM »
Eh.. Like I said before, the language barrier makes discussing about the matter so difficult. Koden explained my words quite well, i didn't mean that you or your admin rights would have anything to do with this, I meant that the one who gave you your rights (Pit) might have his arms deep in this shit
understood .I Ronski
I knew what you mean.only you write in general, however, be understood that the admins something wrong.
here's how I know we attack two or three days it was not .and i think you know my position on it.
There are two candidates
You know that I would first like to again be as it was in his best days
Who knows?!

Bok
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 06:02:08 AM by General_alkos »

Offline Robert

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 08:04:16 AM »
Assist can't compete against the big games that are released now a days and it's all good with that, it's understandable. Let this game die alone if it's set to be like that.

Game can't have many changes because assist admins don't have source in which they could code and add new features to the game, I am happy as it is how much this game progressed since devs left this version of the game.

I am certain previous devs know that these people here keeping this game alive at their own will and dedication. They won't give out the source but I'm pretty sure one of them said not to make dramatic changes to the game nor really admins like Eliz can without the source, let alone game is using unreal engine and it's one of the oldest game engines used.

I don't find possibility anymore to advertise this game, we have all done our part in advertising it all over facebook, twitter, instegram, other gaming websites and for sure admins would of went for steam advertisement but they won't allow this game to be advertised because assist admins don't own the game. Believe me or not, we as community were doing a lot of advertisement especially when eliz released update on the new client and 2.8 cammo for example and this explains all that we all out of options to do anything at this point of time.

I don't think drama's making people go away but because they build new computers with much better specs. New games like today require much bigger requirements to run the game therefore people will enjoy more newer games that this game. Like myself I bought a new gaming laptop ROG asus which costed me £1056 and I am for sure play new games that are released now a days.

For my point of view a lot were talked here about admins abusing on their own servers, which probably had effect on some people leaving. As I see it, admins just got power hungry because their servers got populated a lot of times, let's be honest, usually there has been 3 to 4 servers populated, now you can barely get 2 which affects the game a lot especially when you think about oh where will they play if I'm in charge here and threaten to ban them. People here talk about how we all should be nice to each other but yet people from this forum ban others on their servers for pathetic reasons which make it into bigger bubble which explodes in the forum. If you ban a player on the server remember that there is no other servers played so of course he/she will leave the game.

DDOS attacks coming which makes people rage quit the game as well, I don't know who's doing it but I'm pretty sure you don't need brains to try and ddos servers. I don't accuse anyone over it not even pit, it could be anyone who maybe still plays the game and wants you to believe otherwise, you never know.

Whoever is defending pit is stupid. We all know what pit has done to this community for years and without him I believe community is much structured to help each other and talk on the forum.

And for last I hope one day Eliz can maybe start his own game with his own source and maybe start a new battle with the fellow soldiers.

Peace :)  :style:
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 08:07:35 AM by Robert »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager