Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: How to play AA2 while assist auth is down  (Read 6798 times)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

How to play AA2 while assist auth is down
« on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 01:23:02 AM »
This was mentioned briefly by Merlin in the 'server will assist auth down' thread, but here is a way to do it and save all your favorite servers using an icon for each using your existing assist installation - and you don't have to uninstall assist or download anything.  I hope it comes back.  We have put up servers that work with the existing assist installation.  I think rapture has a thing where you download some files to make the SAI work, but I am not sure it works ok with our servers yet.

Note:  If system folders are hidden on your system, search may not find ArmyOps.exe.  Open up 'My Computer' or 'Computer' from the start menu, and paste the following:
%AppData%\25Assist\armyops\System
and the folder containing ArmyOps.exe will show.

Our three server addresses are:
82nd.us:1948       Pipeline regular with mod weapons
82nd.us:2064       SF Pipeline
82nd.us:2180       Anything But Pipeline!

Any other server addresses should work as long as the servers are using assist maps and textures.
82nd.us/modules/news has # of players in each 82nd server if you want to visit there.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: How to play AA2 while assist auth is down
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »
Thank you for posting this Shad, nice to see people still enjoying the game.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 07:44:18 AM »
yes, thank you very much! and yes, raptor did made a post at battletracker forum about how to run a server.
i will put at least one server on SFextraction tonight up and running. the address i will post this evening :)

btw: thanks to M-Raptor from my side. great done!

Offline Clown.!Ng

« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 08:49:23 AM »
I tried your 3rd server..map was woodland outpost..when I tried to enter I got kicked for some whitelist shit

Rest In Peace Koen

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 10:02:25 AM »
I tried your 3rd server..map was woodland outpost..when I tried to enter I got kicked for some whitelist shit

Same here, btw when can we expect assist to be working again?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
hey shad, do you really not need the same aa25assist version like you have on the servers running?
maybe because of having not the same version you will get this whitelist errors...
i will try it out this evening for sure

Offline Rapture

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »
the bad thing about these servers is that you mostly cvannot have pb running on the server. Headhunters was getting kicked left and right for cvar dealing with splash screen. Ofcourse the admins didnt get kicked, but it was still spamming the chat that they was about to get kicked.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 11:26:44 AM »
oh and Shad. yes the sai works, but there was some people getting criticals once "Picking" teams. Alot of people where playing, but these 2 Mafioso members continued to get crits over and over and over nonstop. So i added the ; infront of both lines dealing with antipoke to disregard it and they was able to play with the server reverted back to compass mode. But we still have HackHunter intergrated into the server with open slots.

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #8 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
I believe I have fixed the whitelist errors, and will test throughout the day.  Merlin, I installed AA2.5 linux server and then copied the assist modified maps, textures, sounds, ect.  PB errors seemed to be fixed using the pbcl.so (pbcl.dll in windowz). dll/ htm/ files that assist had, plus pb_sv_whitelist directives. AntiPoke not enabled.   Ini file modified for hackhunter, SOTchatlogger, ect. While testing this I found people joining with files that were part of assist, but more importantly, THAT WERE NOT PART of assist....so some players are trying funny stuff.  PB does need to be turned on.
Spanky, unauth servers won't query with the standard ports in LAN mode, you need to use UT ports starting with 7778.  So, it is possible to come up with a php script to have people register their servers, then list them here.  I have a query class in php for it if you need.  Or, convince Jonny to bring back assist :)
« Last Edit: Friday, September 13, 2013, 13:43:41 PM by 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad »

Offline Rapture

« Reply #9 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
rgr that, thanks for reporting that back

Offline R@ider911

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 13:54:33 PM »
Thanks 82nd, was on last night on your servers playing pipeline. Was fun to be back on.

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 14:05:22 PM »
its working for me now maybe your site can keep track of other clan servers?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 14:38:37 PM »
i dont know what i am doing wrong. i cant even connect to the 82nd.us servers.
i did try with version 7.47 of assist, running the armyops.exe, then enter console and open 82nd.us:2046 - a short message that trying to connect. then nothing more.
i did try it with the version from Raptor, same then.
what am i doing wrong ?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #13 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 14:39:17 PM »
Open Bridge first then connect to the server. If there's an error, it will display then. Kind of a bug in the AA GUI.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Rapture

« Reply #14 on: Friday, September 13, 2013, 14:41:14 PM »
merlin if u come into our ts i can help u connect to our server. im not sure if my way allows access into 82nd's server as i have not tried. but ill try right now

ts3: dal.lowpingserver.com:7032

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager