Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AUTHORIZATION SLOT CLOSED kick?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
AUTHORIZATION SLOT CLOSED kick?
« on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:37:09 PM »
What's this? It started some weeks ago, and still I haven't been in one game session without people getting kicked with this reason.

Offline Alex

Re: AUTHORIZATION SLOT CLOSED kick?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 18:55:08 PM »
That often means that they closed assist while playing or AA stopped working. Instead of being kicked by PB, your slot in the authorization server closes.

Offline ZakuAce

• Needs moar ROE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »
I had it happen a couple days ago without me actually clicking to close the slot.  I went and changed my PW in case it was someone fucking around with my account on assist, but I think half the server got kicked at the same time.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 13:55:13 PM »
I had it happen a couple days ago without me actually clicking to close the slot.  I went and changed my PW in case it was someone fucking around with my account on assist, but I think half the server got kicked at the same time.

When communication between the game client and the server starts failing, PB communications start failing too. Therefore Punkbuster recognize no communication going on, you get kicked and the slot gets closed. Or either, you don't notice the kick because your connection went totally down, you just close the game client while the server closes the slot and claims to be kicking a player that actually it's not even connected anymore.

The same applies for a critical error crashing a game client (and likely, for server side issues aswell - wierd things start to happen, and all of the players get kicked soon).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:00:08 PM by Koden »

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:13:18 PM »
If you playing and the games crashes you are kicked right?
But your character still in the game and hasn't logged out, so that means when you try to join the server you get kick for that because....you all ready in the server and you haven't logg out after your crash. Wait till it get's kick from the server:)

P.S Get a better pc's and the game won't crash:PPP

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:15:00 PM »
Not true at all. I have a pretty good gaming PC and I still get critical errors from time to time.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:19:43 PM »
Not true at all. I have a pretty good gaming PC and I still get critical errors from time to time.

But i m using MAC and never crashes:)
Also played on windows doesn't crash,
I quess many people listening on youtube or running other programmes that makes the game crash or just a very bad connection.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:33:47 PM »
If you playing and the games crashes you are kicked right?
But your character still in the game and hasn't logged out, so that means when you try to join the server you get kick for that because....you all ready in the server and you haven't logg out after your crash. Wait till it get's kick from the server:)

It's simply that you can't get in when there's a slot open while you appear to be in that specific server already. Indeed, if i recall correctly you should be able to join any other server.

No rig will save you from a critical error that was held by issues not hardware related, like memory leaks, wierd conditions that lead to unexpected exceptions, or even a few drivers conflicting the each other.

P.s. quite a long ago i tried to run AA 2.8.5 on a Atom netbook (an asus featuring the old n270 atom processor), it actually was able to render Bridge @ 30 frames per second...in single player mode (entering multi was just worthless, like having 8 fps on a slightly crowded Bridge map). Assuming you want to try to get a low powered pc rendering an AA map, you'll have to switch part of the lighting off, and maybe you would get a barely not so decent framerate.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 14:40:22 PM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager