Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: honor server + why AA2.5?  (Read 17843 times)

Jonnym

Re: honor server + why AA2.5?
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 02:30:03 AM »
I know that cheaters hate 2.5 because there are no hacks for this versions that are undetected. They love 2.8.5 because there are crap loads of hacks out there for it.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 06:06:47 AM »
No, they don't exist. The maps I uploaded for you are the original versions. The ones you see on 2.5 are modified by us and they only exist for 2.5. The physics only exists in 2.5 as well.

As far as quality in maps, have you checked out my Pipeline? All maps can look great, we can further push the engine as well. It's just a matter of taking time to do things. It would be really cool if we had a circle of level editors that freely edited the maps. Like a group to bounce ideas off of. Right now it's mostly just me and BlueBlaster but Koden is getting involved and we may see others.
Damn....

Is ur pipeline the maap_pipeline? the reconstruction of AA3 piprline? If it is, it has pretty good graphics, but lags on my laptop :)

Though I still prefer the good old less confusing pipeline, On AA3 they killed pipeline and specially bridge...
I know that cheaters hate 2.5 because there are no hacks for this versions that are undetected. They love 2.8.5 because there are crap loads of hacks out there for it.
Don't care about that, in fact I know how to make some hacks undetected, but won't do it. I still have mine detected UC hack for aa2.5, but it's taking dust, and never really used it, It was meant for testing and learning just the basic of uc only... I have made "some hack from 3rd party" undetected for aa2.6, and the good thing is that it still uses a banned loading method, but i just changed the way it goes...

I'm organizing AA lans, PPL loved the pball map, but they only want to play in AA2.8.5, and I'm using ultimate server mod, for spawning things, do a lot of funny things.... Like spawning some humvee's on bridge, and make a car battle, I'm level 4 admin ~no hacks.
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:35:18 PM by guily6669 »

Jonnym

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
If you make an undetected hack, I will just shut down the system and stop everyone playing until someone comes up with a way to detect it. I'm already losing interest in this project becuase people keep complaining about things we provide for free, and if people start hacking it, I will just turn it off and call it a day.

Can i suggest guily that this project is not for you and you stick to playing 2.8.5.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 11:32:06 AM by Jonnym »

Jonnym

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »
But if people start making hacks and hackers do take over and we cant bring it under control I will shut it down.

Offline Goofy

• View Profile
    • =PUF=Clan
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
I think its normal some people try to hack the game so they can have bether frag... it allways will be cheaters. If i suspect that anyone is hacking the first thing i do is to complain my self,  but i only do that with my m8s in the game, in that case the people came to you complaining about cheaters or bether players... its normal. You shouldnt be a upset with that.
You have made a magnificent job recovering the AA game.
Keep doing a nice job as you did so far.
Dont let us hanged up

Best regards from Portugal

=PUF= Goofy

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:26:37 PM »
Jonhym.... Who said I am hacking this game?

I said I made a server with ultimateserver mod... It's a servermod which I level 4 admin, can give grenades, guns, headshot messages... On AA2.8.5

It's you the one who started saying that ppl hate 2.5 because they can't hack, and that's why they like 2.8.5, u probably said that to me, because I was also asking if they would ever consider to make 2.8.5 alive or not.

I was just saying that you are wrong, because AA2.5 is a old version and it's even easier to hack, remember that Uscript is alive on 2.5... There's dozens of public hacks made for 2.5, they surely are all detected???, but that doesn't mean anything...

Who said I was hacking? You can check all my logs on any server if you want. My battleaccount is guily6669 and guily666 (I'm playing with guily666, because I made a username with prohibited characters and it didn't let me change for 24h, so I created a new account there so that I could play). My AA2 account name inside guily666 battleaccount is guily6669, if u wanna add me to budies...

I have 12 honor, and a not so much good score balance  :-[, but hey I don't play any FPS game on pc's for a long time, not even AA. And when I started making lan's for AA, I told ppl to join at the online, and they said it wasen't working. And sadly I saw that they killed AA2.

ps: And I do appreciate this project, and I thank the coders again... So I don't see ur point "Jonnym".
But if people start making hacks and hackers do take over and we cant bring it under control I will shut it down.
I made some english mistakes in the previous post; edited it :)

That's what I also would do if I was you. That's probably the way to maintain it clean.

Also that's the why I stopped playing Combat Arms, ppl killed it by having GOD, GHOST, Allweapon, BUGGER, kill all with knife. Every server there's a bloody noob cheater who paid for some hack (or free hack), and killing ppl just as they start the game...
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:39:53 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:41:47 PM »
If I may,
Guily, you said you could create undetected hacks for 2.5. Jonny was simply saying that if that happens (by you or by anyone else) that the project will stall until something is done about it.

Perhaps rather than talking about your ability to create undetected hacks for 2.5, maybe you can find a way to help us out. Make 2.5 THE version, instead of dividing the community and supporting 2.8.5. Help us make 2.5 better.

Also, yes, my Pipeline is MP_Pipeline or [mAAp] Pipeline. What version did you try? I suggest trying the latest from the public beta, a lot of FPS issues were fixed. It's not just "new looks", there's more places to go, there's security cameras, more cover, and just a lot of stuff that is explained by playing :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 14:43:37 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 15:01:28 PM »
If I may,
Guily, you said you could create undetected hacks for 2.5. Jonny was simply saying that if that happens (by you or by anyone else) that the project will stall until something is done about it.

Perhaps rather than talking about your ability to create undetected hacks for 2.5, maybe you can find a way to help us out. Make 2.5 THE version, instead of dividing the community and supporting 2.8.5. Help us make 2.5 better.

Also, yes, my Pipeline is MP_Pipeline or [mAAp] Pipeline. What version did you try? I suggest trying the latest from the public beta, a lot of FPS issues were fixed. It's not just "new looks", there's more places to go, there's security cameras, more cover, and just a lot of stuff that is explained by playing :)
I'm not a coder as I said. All I know, I learned by my self, by hex editing..., by trying with a lot of apps... there's no tuts about them... (just compiled one or two things 4 real). If I knew a lot, I would gladly join your team!

But I don't care anymore for that since SMIRL closed long time ago. A lot of hdd's until now got screwed, and I really stopped that kind of things since then, I don't have the compilers anymore, neither much stuff.

I really like the way u made pipeline, but not much it self the map when compared to the normal one. It's probably because I have spent years playing mostly on PIPE, BRIDGE, Weapon's Cache, Urban Assault, tunnels and I think that insurgent camp... About the lag, AA2.5 it self doesn't help much, I kinda lose like 10fps from 2.8.5 to 2.5!

And I really enjoy that pball map with the collisions. I really love that idea of the collisions, that's the only map people wanna play here on our LAN, but they want is the 2.8.5 version :(

ps: Do you guys know where can I get something like the ultimateserver mod for AA2.5?
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 15:07:44 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 15:30:45 PM »
And I really enjoy that pball map with the collisions. I really love that idea of the collisions, that's the only map people wanna play here on our LAN, but they want is the 2.8.5 version :(

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Put a cool new feature on a shitty map and people suddenly love it. Comments like this combined with seeing the night time (PST time zone) map selection just make me facepalm. Same old boring shitty maps are being played even when there's great ones. Puts me on the edge of ragequitting sometimes.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:23:37 PM »
Don't care about that, in fact I know how to make some hacks undetected, but won't do it.

This has changed from when I read in your post earlier, you have edited it.
What you said earlier went something also the lines of I know how to make some hacks undetectable and i probably will. Or I probably will make some undetectable hacks.
I banned your account and your hardware when I read that. I cannot allow someone to destroy all the work this team has put into this project, and over the years i'm talking maybe 1000's of hours on my part, thats a huge investment of my time, I cannot have people coming here and hacking it up, I have to protect my project and the security of the people who use it. I will consider removing the bans now you have revised your post but i'm going to take some time to think about it.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:25:05 PM »
What a strange conversation we got here ... guily we are proud you can make a hack or whatever, but like Spanky said, you should better try to help the community. Help make 2.5 better, forget about the 2.8.5 ...

And btw I'm also interested in ultimate mode server for 2.5 if it exists :)

Jonnym

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:28:18 PM »
Yeah it exists but it requires pragmatic auth (shut down) and stops your server working. Its also not compatable with our auth system.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:28:29 PM »
This is exactly what I was afraid of. Put a cool new feature on a shitty map and people suddenly love it. Comments like this combined with seeing the night time (PST time zone) map selection just make me facepalm. Same old boring shitty maps are being played even when there's great ones. Puts me on the edge of ragequitting sometimes.
I'm gonna have to agree with you in some part.

That map version for AA2.8.5 is just an ugly map. But you guys really made it look awesome on the 2.5 specially with the change of the wall for the boxes and with the collisions on the barrels and on the boxes...

And I'm sorry for not liking much ur pipeline map  :). I really like and appreciate your job there, but it's really that map from AA3 that looks confusing, strange, and like a pipeline out of real life, though it would look very awesome in a game like resident evil... But it's just tastes, we can't discuss them  ;).

ps: But do you somehow made it for the AA 2.8.5?
Yeah it exists but it requires pragmatic auth (shut down) and stops your server working. Its also not compatable with our auth system.
Oh, that's why it crashed when I tried it. It works well on the 2.8.5 version, I thought I had to get a version for 2.5. Thks for the info.

So what is the best server mod out there that work with the AA25assist?

I wanted to make a server with something like that. That is if you unban me!
This has changed from when I read in your post earlier, you have edited it.
What you said earlier went something also the lines of I know how to make some hacks undetectable and i probably will. Or I probably will make some undetectable hacks.
I banned your account and your hardware when I read that. I cannot allow someone to destroy all the work this team has put into this project, and over the years i'm talking maybe 1000's of hours on my part, thats a huge investment of my time, I cannot have people coming here and hacking it up, I have to protect my project and the security of the people who use it. I will consider removing the bans now you have revised your post but i'm going to take some time to think about it.
Sry, I made an english mistake, and I corrected, I'm still not much good with English :)

On my latest post, I posted that saying I made a mistake on that post...

ps: I play fair and have nothing to hide, so could you plz unban me!
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:37:36 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:35:53 PM »
ps: I play fair and have nothing to hide, so could you plz unban me!
Keep Cool

ROFL at that one :D

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:44:46 PM »
What a strange conversation we got here ... guily we are proud you can make a hack or whatever, but like Spanky said, you should better try to help the community. Help make 2.5 better, forget about the 2.8.5 ...

And btw I'm also interested in ultimate mode server for 2.5 if it exists :)
Sry for my posts, I know they kinda look childish  :P. It's just my English that isn't that good.

About the hacks, I talked about them, because Jonhny said that people don't like AA2.5 because they can't hack, however we all know that it's not true, as there are hundred's of hacks made for this version...

And if you can check all my logs, I never tried anything, and I won't be the one to destroy this project. I want AA2 back just like you. On the log's, I got kicked for not having PnkstrB runing which always happen to me since they introduced that trojan crap thing, and one time for md5 tools, which I don't have a clue why, as I have seen lot's of ppl being kicked for it too, maybe something to do with AA25assist files, which is something I would be glad if you guys could check, and probably improve...

ps: The reason I talked so much is because I stopped playing games for a long time, and I when I wanted to play AA again with friends, I got this sudden news that they killed it. Just makes me remember the good old days... :'(
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 16:50:21 PM by guily6669 »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager