Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: honor server + why AA2.5?  (Read 17878 times)

Jonnym

Re: honor server + why AA2.5?
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 15:51:16 PM »
I'm not likeing the idea of releasing the source code for the auth system, What is it exactly you want to do with the U Scripts?

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 16:00:43 PM »
Hack the whole thing until it collapses and burns...

Seriously, nothing more than when I'm reading any other code - I'd just like to be able to understand the whole thing.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 16:34:58 PM »
Yeah, well but we at smirl managed to get the oficial compiler from devs, and it wasen't simply hacked to get it...

Devs gave us it (too bad it was for AA2.6, where we tested for the first time bridge at night that someone out there made, even before release to public) :)

So I do believe you guys could talk with them so that they can give you their oficial compiler...

And yeah injecting C++ isn't any good in performance, all I can remember is.... CRASH....CRASH...CRASH.

I could only work good with Uscript on AA (but i'm not a coder, just compiled a few scripts in UC for AA2.6).

The chances of the ACTUAL devs giving you an 'official compiler' is like 0%. I think there is some 'I am better than you' going on in your post. But don't mind me, I'm just trying to interpret a post that has a lot of things going on.

Although, would you mind explaining to me what is included in this 'official compiler' if you don't mind? I'm curious.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 18:48:04 PM »
Well I never seen it. Smirl closed from a long time ago, it was a hacking clan... We had the best coders out there... (I was online there everyday).

And basically they teamed up and made the bridge at night which was the first map ever made, because no one could compile them (until that time, I remember the test they made with the first map, it was damn cool). I know they said, that basically one of the hacks was even in the AA dev team and they basically have the compiler to do whatever they wanted... ;)

There was lot of good coders there they are everywhere on the internet.

Also recently there's someone who launched a uscript compiled hack for AA2.8.5, but he doesn't wanna give the compiler too :( (that guy could probably change the authorization to work with assist25). I know it's impossible, but still you guys could PM him, and maybe he could join to this good project you guys have, if he would want to bring AA2.8.5 back again...

PPL where I make a Lan want is AA2.8.5 for the lan's, damn it... Does anyone know where can i get the MP_Pball, the MP_glass and other maps like that, that works on AA2.8.5?

ps: And I still don't know why wouldn't AA2 dev's give the source of the game, I mean they killed the game 4 ever probably :-\

ps2: No, I'm no better than anyone... I'm just informing, in case someone didn't know of what's going "on the scene", and again, I'm not a coder, just tried a little of UC :'(.
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2012, 19:00:02 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 19:02:55 PM »
I remember the Bridge map, it was a really novel idea at the time and it used to be in mAAp but it was removed because just changing the daytime isn't really worth the extra download space for the same exact gameplay. It's actually what Bridge Construction is based on I'm pretty sure.

For PBall and Glass Kill House, I found them in my files:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/464376/aac_maap/glass_pball_2857z.7z

The more I think about it, the more your name looks familiar. I was pretty active (watcher, not a poster) on the SMiRL forums. An image I've had for a long time in my AA stash:
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:06:22 PM »
I know that bridge night map. Back in the day Spanky and I played on it before. I remember one side had a very long extension of terrain where you could hide in the darkness and snipe people from far away.

Guily, the only reason I was asking like that is because I know the history and there's no need for you to be secretive about the information here :)

Oh and Spanky, those 2.8 maps, are those converted from 2.5 or are those versions of the maps someone made with 2.8 editor?

Jared

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:13:01 PM »
oo smirl..

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:16:55 PM »
Oh and Spanky, those 2.8 maps, are those converted from 2.5 or are those versions of the maps someone made with 2.8 editor?

Those are the 2.8 versions that people made on the public editor. I converted them into 2.5 maps.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:27:32 PM »
LOL, I just had thousands of posts there, and knew everyone.

Wooo I loved smirlgirl, tyron :) and M3chick...

Here's on of my xfire pixtures of the first unofficial map ever made for AA:

Xfire report that I uploaded them in 2006 (but I took the pictures later, on my own server with the map)

We could use flares to iluminate it.
I gave credits to [Smirl]Reverend and [Smirl]Rambo (They had something to do with the map:) )

ps: good old times. And the bridge, actually they also added lights and stuff like the moon... I still have the pictures of it in my xfire profile
Those are the 2.8 versions that people made on the public editor. I converted them into 2.5 maps.
Damn, THKS so much.

Do you know where I can get all the AA2.5.8 compatible user official made maps?
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:30:14 PM by guily6669 »

Jared

« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:29:46 PM »
if i remember right i thought they first made bridge night for 2.4

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:35:37 PM »
Probably, I don't know the first version, however they first brought to that version around 2005 or 2006...

The more I think about it, the more your name looks familiar. I was pretty active (watcher, not a poster) on the SMiRL forums. An image I've had for a long time in my AA stash:

Well I was on smirl since maybe 2004? But never really posted\watched there for a long time. But as soon as I started, bang thousands of posts...

Also I wish I lived near HackerX, they used to organize some crazy ASS SMIRL party down the rivers with a lot of boats, naked girls, beer, DAMN, really lot's of people...

I don't have anything to say about those old times :P (just maybe I was everywhere?)

ps: All i know is they killed the unique game I could say I really ever played online for ages (AA and BF2, and combat arms recently since the first beta version, but not nowadays anymore, as hackers ruined that game, and I'm not that kind of guy anymore!), and it would be cool if we managed a team to get the 2.8.5 back into action, the way it used to be with in-game authentication and trainings...
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2012, 20:50:56 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:02:40 PM »
That's the forum signature I remember.

Anyway, whey are people so set on 2.8.5? 2.5 is the classic version and it's cross-platform. Not to mention, IT ALREADY WORKS. Why go to all the trouble to get 2.8.5 working again as well? It would just further divide the AA community. Not to mention, real custom maps aren't possible as we don't have the official editor for 2.8.

2.5 is cross platform, has custom maps, has mods, has an established and working Auth system. *shrug*

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:03:36 PM »
Also lemmie add on to that: the AA devs don't want to talk to us. Let's just leave it at that.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:05:38 PM »
Well about 2.5, I never really liked it (Though i can't remember already if it's in this one were they introduced the shotgun).

I played AA2.3 until there was only like 4 servers(pipe,bridge,weapon's cache ~with SF guns.) always full with ppl like me that didn't wanted to play in 2.4 or 2.5, and I really loved the grenademines LOL. AA2.5, All I can't think off is probably Glugbot (if im not mistaking on the aa version).

It's not the hack it self (never cared bout it), it's more the coding behind it, felt in love with it right away.

I always prefered AA2.6 to 2.7 and late, specially because of the hud, and the fact that I was more chating with ppl than playing some times, and the 2.7 and late cancel what we have typed in the console after round starts, and some other crapts. Also u cant type much things in one single line...

But 2.8.5 though it has lot more shits, it still is a lot less buggy, and works lot better on my crapt laptop with lot more fps and a lot of quality in some new maps like the forest with co-op. It has improved effects, like SF fire flame...

I like the fact that we can use bandages on our self, the map (use to hate it, but now in fact it adds something), co-op, and vehicles.

ps: I specially love it, because I can spawn vehicles everywhere on my server, like on bridge, a battle of Humvee's :)
Also lemmie add on to that: the AA devs don't want to talk to us. Let's just leave it at that.
Bastards!

I always had a very special admiration for AA devs, but not anymore, after they killed AA2, and with what they chosen as the AA3...
I tried them...

But they are not the full map edition of the maps that are in the AA2.5.

On Pball barrels don't have collisions, and has different things and ambient; Glass room is also different and doesn't have mirror ground.

ps: THKS anyway, but do you know where can I get the same versions that are on AA2.5 AA25assist, but for AA2.8.5!
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:33:30 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 13, 2012, 21:48:18 PM »
I tried them...

But they are not the full map edition of the maps that are in the AA2.5.

On Pball barrels don't have collisions, and has different things and ambient; Glass room is also different and doesn't have mirror ground.

ps: THKS anyway, but do you know where can I get the same versions that are on AA2.5 AA25assist, but for AA2.8.5!
Keep Cool

No, they don't exist. The maps I uploaded for you are the original versions. The ones you see on 2.5 are modified by us and they only exist for 2.5. The physics only exists in 2.5 as well.

As far as quality in maps, have you checked out my Pipeline? All maps can look great, we can further push the engine as well. It's just a matter of taking time to do things. It would be really cool if we had a circle of level editors that freely edited the maps. Like a group to bounce ideas off of. Right now it's mostly just me and BlueBlaster but Koden is getting involved and we may see others.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager