Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: What happened to Johhny?  (Read 4360 times)

Offline blint63

Re: What happened to Johhny?
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 15:59:36 PM »
So sad, that 98% of the players are completely normal, they just enjoying the game and the result of the work that YOU did, thought Its the retard 2% flooding the forums, asking for unban with lame excuses or spread shit on hundreads of pages (u know who im talking bout the first place).

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 16:06:46 PM »
blint, it's not just that. Although, I bet that is part of it. It's that the vast majority of players are boring whores. The same boring maps, the same borderline exploiting tactics, the same kids. It's just the kind of crowd that AA draws being a free old game that runs on crappy computers. Jonny had hopes of making the Linux and Mac community more involved in AA, being that 2.5 is cross-platform. He had hopes of it being a serious combat game, not a "50 rounds on Bridge with dropshots and every man for himself" game.

That and then the hacks that various groups are creating helps to degrade the game and push away serious players.

Killa thinks it's delusional to be this optimistic in changing AA but it's really not. With the vast majority of players having moved to 2.8 and now that Auth was gone, Jonny saw an opportunity to remake AA and turn it into something fantastic. I'll admit, we all had great ideas before Auth went down. Things to fundamentally change about the game that would make gameplay and features better. Ultimately, the same old community came back with the same old gameplay.

2.5 hasn't changed in the last 4-5 years, that's the problem.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 16:14:09 PM »
Ok guys, my idea is to start new community. I don't mean new people of the community or something else. I think community admins should stay. Pit is now the system god, so it will be hard for him now. All forums should be deleted where it is language abused or no sense topic. No more people acting like a noobs because myself I don't feel like in community. But after what spanky said and what happened to jonny everything should be fixed. No acting like noobs guys really. Lets respect admins for what they did and for what they do for this community and for the game. Don't say any bad word to admins because of u getting banned of hacking. If you dont hack there would be no problem of you playing.
Also people like screwy is really not a good thing. Using all sorts of bad words all over this forum...I don't like when people dont respect communities of their hard work and spam forums with the language abuse. Don't forget that we are not all the adults here. There are kids too.

They are working on this for free. They are working even they have a real life. when you kids don't respect it and when you have no knowledge of how hard that is.
I don't say u  cant give ideas but i say that we should all think before we post anything. I'm very disguised about this new topic about ronny. Why jonny left?because of this tolerence that people give for them playing it for free.

I saw many bad people and I don't ant to say names. I hope after this peace of writing I hope that we all share good things and no more .... talk about how bad are admins and how bad they are for banning u. It's your responsibility on what you don on ur pc and who u let on ur pc.

I hope we start all over again and no more abuse toward people, admins, community admins, assist or else.
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 16:17:59 PM by ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^ »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 17:17:06 PM »
I agree with Undisputed to a degree. I don't think the forums should be deleted, I think they can be cleaned up. Then having a zero tolerance for faggotry with new forum rules and perhaps a few new moderators for those who want to step up and help. I will admit, I'm a little ashamed to see the bullshit going on more and more. I can tolerate it if there's meaningful and helpful discussions but as of late, the ratio is getting out of hand.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 18:35:26 PM »
I'll stop the bitching bout Ronny. Sorry if I hurt anyone

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 19:20:26 PM »
I agree with Undisputed to a degree. I don't think the forums should be deleted, I think they can be cleaned up. Then having a zero tolerance for faggotry with new forum rules and perhaps a few new moderators for those who want to step up and help. I will admit, I'm a little ashamed to see the bullshit going on more and more. I can tolerate it if there's meaningful and helpful discussions but as of late, the ratio is getting out of hand.

I'd be more than happy to help out with modding the forums. I would definitely consider myself a forum whore and I like to see the forums on be clean and somewhat useful to new people. I do think what needs to happen is once you have your appointed mods they all need to get together and discuss and agree on a set of rules to be put in place. If you just add a few more mods that wont do much good if everyones just working on their own agenda. That might actually be worse.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 10, 2012, 19:42:38 PM »
Good point, you're now a global moderator. Check out the mod sub-forum.

Offline ZakuAce

• Needs moar ROE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 00:09:48 AM »
Making this 100% srs biznizz just takes the fun out of it.  One of the reasons AA was so much fun was the amount of trolling that can be done in game. 

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 00:24:33 AM »
Making this 100% srs biznizz just takes the fun out of it.  One of the reasons AA was so much fun was the amount of trolling that can be done in game.
You need serious people to run the game or else it will fail.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 02:47:58 AM »

Yhe i ment that way o cleaning it:)

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 02:49:25 AM »
You need serious people to run the game or else it will fail.

100%

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 03:55:59 AM »
Killaman = Rossiu
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline God

« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 11, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »
keep doing what are you doing.ur doing a great job for keeping this game alive.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 13:31:01 PM »
100% agree with that

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager