Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army: Rise of a Soldier (2005 Xbox Game) Playable Online Again  (Read 11337 times)

Offline Demon27248

I thought I'd share this here for anyone interested. Last week, the Xbox Live server emulator Insignia (https://insignia.live/) added support for America's Army: Rise of a Soldier, letting it be played online again for the first time since the servers shut down in 2010. The game mostly has maps from America's Army 1 & 2 but the game mechanics are quite different.
If you want to see what the game looks like, I've recorded a few videos for Youtube:

Offline HellB0Y

Re: America's Army: Rise of a Soldier (2005 Xbox Game) Playable Online Again
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 30, 2023, 14:31:18 PM »
Wow, thank you for sharing!. I had always wanted to pick up this game when I was young, but was never able to find it. Information was also a touch scarce so I had no idea there was multiplayer, that the maps were (mostly) the same, and that a lot of the same models / textures / sounds were used. The videos are really cool to see what I missed out on!.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2023, 18:19:53 PM »
That's cool, i didn't know about Insignia.

Offline ImSmokin

« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 21, 2023, 20:08:33 PM »
oh my god thanks for the memories. i used to play this :D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager