Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Harassment!!!  (Read 11564 times)

Offline Carmy

• Gurls
    • View Profile
  • AA: C@rmy
Re: Harassment!!!
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
Since people called out my name, here I am.

Carmy, I wont claim to understand what it is to feel insulted, mad, or sad, because it is impossible for me to feel it. However, I can understand that sometimes trash-talk can go too far and become something else.

That said, I will not just ban a person like that. First, because everyone deserves a second chance. Secondly, because I cant just ban 4 people for talking shit. Next thing I know, everyone gets banned. In addition to that, they will find you on other servers anyway.

Now, coming back full-circle, I will talk to them and give them a warning. If it comes to pass again, ban I will.

Just to finish this post off, I'd like to clarify some things:
You are just as guilty as TheChildren. Once we were all on We Are Aimers (the original) and everything was fine, when the round finished you were both going at each other, and insulting just as hard. When I'm on he seems nice to you most of the time even if you talk poorly to him. What I see is a small feud with no insults. Still, he will be warned.
IamNR1 is a trashtalker of the highest level and I think he's funny for that. Even though I dont want to ban him, I will if it comes to it. So be assured, nothing is personal. I'll ban as I see fit and according to my sense of justice.

As I see, if it really is general, Assist admins should just cut the roots off. Either that or you need to just ignore. I was bullied as a kid a kid and had to grow thick skin. Once again, if it comes to that, I will ban them.

Also, I added a warning to the welcoming messages, so everyone is warned.
Yes your right,I would shit talk to ! But was in fun. Not name calling like they do now!! He's just a kid ,That cant believe that 'Im a woman !! Why I don't understand..Why woman don't play??  I know a few that play AA ..He messages me on fb tells me Im using my mom account..Lmao Really and then treats my bad on AA cause I'm a lair, Cause I'm a man ..thats when it all started..You know !! He even asked you about in portuguese, I understood.why is it so important to anyone if Im a guy or girl??

Mia Cop

« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
Since people called out my name, here I am.

Carmy, I wont claim to understand what it is to feel insulted, mad, or sad, because it is impossible for me to feel it. However, I can understand that sometimes trash-talk can go too far and become something else.

That said, I will not just ban a person like that. First, because everyone deserves a second chance. Secondly, because I cant just ban 4 people for talking shit. Next thing I know, everyone gets banned. In addition to that, they will find you on other servers anyway.

Now, coming back full-circle, I will talk to them and give them a warning. If it comes to pass again, ban I will.

Just to finish this post off, I'd like to clarify some things:
You are just as guilty as TheChildren. Once we were all on We Are Aimers (the original) and everything was fine, when the round finished you were both going at each other, and insulting just as hard. When I'm on he seems nice to you most of the time even if you talk poorly to him. What I see is a small feud with no insults. Still, he will be warned.
IamNR1 is a trashtalker of the highest level and I think he's funny for that. Even though I dont want to ban him, I will if it comes to it. So be assured, nothing is personal. I'll ban as I see fit and according to my sense of justice.

As I see, if it really is general, Assist admins should just cut the roots off. Either that or you need to just ignore. I was bullied as a kid a kid and had to grow thick skin. Once again, if it comes to that, I will ban them.

Also, I added a warning to the welcoming messages, so everyone is warned.

The language of understanding worth a lot WraShadow. 

And Carmy...how does it feel when Karma knocked on your door?

Next time when you telling me that I deserved being harassed by Pit, think about the feeling you had when they talked the same way to you like that. And of course it's a lie you were just covering Pit from being accused for dosing servers!

Now you know how does it's feel like and it's feel awful doesn't it..

Peace out!

Offline Carmy

• Gurls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
The language of understanding worth a lot WraShadow. 

And Carmy...how does it feel when Karma knocked on your door?

Next time when you telling me that I deserved being harassed by Pit, think about the feeling you had when they talked the same way to you like that. And of course it's a lie you were just covering Pit from being accused for dosing servers!

Now you know how does it's feel like and it's feel awful doesn't it..

Peace out!
Karma!! This has been going on before you ever started playing AA..So you know shit..Pit was always nice to me!! And been around here more then you..So if he ever did this I have a hard time believing it..But this an't about you !! You make very thing about you , don't you!! this is about the guys that treat us bad on the server..not about Pit..that's old news..keep it there.Lets move on.He is ban and will not bother you no more..

Offline Bart!

« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 12:28:41 PM »
Hey, calm down all.
Why so defensive and calling others out?

Every action has a reaction, and sometimes someone starts a bad action, and the other makes a funny reaction, which makes the teasing person make more actions.

I saw the mentioning about being bullied etc. Now I can say one thing, I do NOT want to say bullying does not exist, however, most bullying happens because a joke goes out of hand, and people overreacting, which others find funny, and they go on about it.

My general advice is just to not react to all the talk, let it go, and remember that what they say is not important.

It is very easy to just say stupid things behind a keyboard, who could touch you anyways? I wonder how many would say the same in real life, I guess almost nobody does, unless they know each other and it's for good fun.
Just keep that in mind. I am not going to ban anybody for this talk. I expect everybody to be adult enough to also know when to ignore this kind of talk, and stand above it. It is the decision of a server admin to mute/kick somebody for it (although since it's a chat issue, muting should be the way to go).

If a global mute for x time was possible, I would've chosen for this solution, unfortunately, it isn't possible as for now, so we'll let it go.
If it keeps going on, make more screenshots, and let us know. For now, it's done.

Stop the fighting about hypocricy and karma, it doesn't make anyone better.

Mia Cop

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »
Karma!! This has been going on before you ever started playing AA..So you know shit..Pit was always nice to me!! And been around here more then you..So if he ever did this I have a hard time believing it..But this an't about you !! You make very thing about you , don't you!! this is about the guys that treat us bad on the server..not about Pit..that's old news..keep it there.Lets move on.He is ban and will not bother you no more..

It's not about me at all of course. But I'm a woman and I can say few thing about this as well, especially about you being sarcastic to other woman while she was on your place. It doesn't matter how long you are playing, it's about same problem I had!
I told I'm 100% sure you have any right to say that this is a harassment and something should be done about this.
I just wanted to give a point that you were the one laughing at others about the same problem. And one fact more, you told yourself you had the same problem with Pit long ago but you mange to talk with him and settle things straight.
My point is that, next time don't laugh at others, or to any players in the game, karma, karma, karma.... :-)

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 14:07:32 PM »
C@rmy, yes, I do talk to him in my native language. He asked me not to tell you his identity so the two of you wouldn't fight again but of course, it was obvious who he was. I even told him youd understand because of your ties to the Italian language.

[Mia], I am not sure I understood the sentence about "understanding", but I think you're saying I read the situation alright, right? If not, please tell me where I failed so I can take a step back and understand better.

Bart!, I never agree on the mute option. In theory, it's a good option to have but in reality it's just fuel for tks. Most people dont have the mental sturdiness to behave when being limited by admins and go on rampage. On my server, you get booted once. Banned the time after that, probably forever.

Edit:
Also, mute is bad because it affects everyone. If a player cant report, he gets tk'd and that is justice, however the person whom accidentally does the tk'ing will get ROE, and maybe a kick because of that. Mute does NOT work.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 13, 2017, 14:12:16 PM by WraShadow »

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline Carmy

• Gurls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 14:43:43 PM »
Hey, calm down all.
Why so defensive and calling others out?

Every action has a reaction, and sometimes someone starts a bad action, and the other makes a funny reaction, which makes the teasing person make more actions.

I saw the mentioning about being bullied etc. Now I can say one thing, I do NOT want to say bullying does not exist, however, most bullying happens because a joke goes out of hand, and people overreacting, which others find funny, and they go on about it.

My general advice is just to not react to all the talk, let it go, and remember that what they say is not important.

It is very easy to just say stupid things behind a keyboard, who could touch you anyways? I wonder how many would say the same in real life, I guess almost nobody does, unless they know each other and it's for good fun.
Just keep that in mind. I am not going to ban anybody for this talk. I expect everybody to be adult enough to also know when to ignore this kind of talk, and stand above it. It is the decision of a server admin to mute/kick somebody for it (although since it's a chat issue, muting should be the way to go).

If a global mute for x time was possible, I would've chosen for this solution, unfortunately, it isn't possible as for now, so we'll let it go.
If it keeps going on, make more screenshots, and let us know. For now, it's done.

Stop the fighting about hypocricy and karma, it doesn't make anyone better.
Ok!! I will take more if need !! Some of those guys don't even come to forums.So I'm sure it will happen again.Thanks for your time. 
« Last Edit: Friday, January 13, 2017, 14:47:00 PM by Carmy »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 15:23:12 PM »
I started to think would Unreal Engine or Assist itself provide a ignore command for command-line arguments via console, mute works already being set by admin, but for personal use how cool it would be if you could type to console "ignore global_chat", "ignore team_chat", "ignore all_chat" or "ignore playername"

And if you look me up in Aa forums I already asked for that a long time ago. Its not there I asked for it for kids sake.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Bart!

« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 15:39:00 PM »
Ok!! I will take more if need !! Some of those guys don't even come to forums.So I'm sure it will happen again.Thanks for your time. 
That's not what I said. If it happens more, please report.

All I want to say is it happened this time, and probably went on because they enjoyed your reaction, although it is not good, I will not ban for an "incident".

However, if it gets structural (so happens more often), we might take action, so report it.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 17:06:30 PM »
I would kick them first and gif them A warning  when they come back,   so simple ! 

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 13, 2017, 22:09:07 PM »
Ahhh bella don't let those idiots get to you!!!!!  We both know your better then them

Also ronski that would be a awesome fix if your able to make chat dissappear when wanted gone or a option to mute any player  at any given time

Offline Carmy

• Gurls
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
Ahhh bella don't let those idiots get to you!!!!!  We both know your better then them

Also ronski that would be a awesome fix if your able to make chat dissappear when wanted gone or a option to mute any player  at any given time
Thanks Buddy..But you know me!!  a lot of them don't So they thing I'm fake..lmao I wish I was..I'm just gonna play and have fun ..But I will tell who ever to go F them self if I had too..  :) .Always do..That's my job..... ;) ;)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 13:57:42 PM »
Thanks Buddy..But you know me!!  a lot of them don't So they thing I'm fake..lmao I wish I was..I'm just gonna play and have fun ..But I will tell who ever to go F them self if I had too..  :) .Always do..That's my job..... ;) ;)

So looking at this post Mia is correct you are just as bad. Why did you come here again?
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 14:16:46 PM »
So looking at this post Mia is correct you are just as bad. Why did you come here again?
What makes you think she's doing the same thing they were doing? I do get she doesn't necessarily come out as an angel
(sorry Carmy xD) but well...I don't think she doesn't even mean to. She simply doesn't want to get that kind of disrespectful talk. I do guess you might mean she's provoking others, but...I've hardly ever seen anyone complaining about her.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 14, 2017, 14:19:57 PM »
..But I will tell who ever to go F them self if I had too..  :) .Always do..That's my job..... ;) ;)
[/quote
This is your problen koden selective replying to posts that suit you. and selective thoughts on what is right and wrong. If you dont think she in this staement is just as foul telling them to go F them selves. as they have been to her. That explians that I was correct what I said about you in here.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager