Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: HACKERS / CHEATERS  (Read 6702 times)

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
HACKERS / CHEATERS
« on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 00:58:05 AM »
I was wondering, if we caught some one cheating or hacking with evidence.

Yes, they can be ban by Server owner. What about 2.5 assist?, is there any way to ban them?.
Example: Someone was caught cheating will be banned from all 2.5 assist server...or other way maybe.

Offline urban-ninja

• View Profile
Re: HACKERS / CHEATERS
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 01:06:35 AM »
same as before. you can read from, and submit to, the banlists managed by the likes of ACI, AON, etc.. 

i think 25assist servers have a tickbox for aci streaming?

EDIT: after reading another topic, i think what i just wrote is balls?...   aci and the likes ban by guid ya?
« Last Edit: Monday, January 09, 2012, 01:17:15 AM by urban-ninja »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
In another post Jonny said ACI is useless now. I suggested a reporting forum. He mentioned that any player found to be hacking with proof can be banned globally on all Assist servers.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 02:22:09 AM »
Yes, your AAOt Player ID is the new GUID, No matter how many times you change your name your AAOt will always be the same, and AAOt also lists your previously used player name so there is history there too.
But as always nothing stops you making a new AAOt account, although it does stop you using the same e-mail address multiple times so that makes it difficult.
All i have to do i put the AAot ID in a little text file and player can no longer use any Assist servers.

Offline urban-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 02:28:59 AM »
Yes, your AAOt Player ID is the new GUID, No matter how many times you change your name your AAOt will always be the same, and AAOt also lists your previously used player name so there is history there too.
But as always nothing stops you making a new AAOt account, although it does stop you using the same e-mail address multiple times so that makes it difficult.
All i have to do i put the AAot ID in a little text file and player can no longer use any Assist servers.

what about, to save the distraction of constant issuing, and maintaining of bans, have the cheat submissions the same as they were only instead of bans being issued via rcon in server setup or what have ye, it is issued directly via the players bt login?

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 02:30:23 AM »
Spanky & jonnym... that's are brilliant.. ;D. Looking forward for that.

Jonnym

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:29:44 AM »
The plan is for PB kicks to be recored in a file on the auth server along with the aao tracker id. Some one will have to manually review the file and add bans if needed. We cannot auto ban, Pb makes far too many false positives.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »

Is there a chance that a physical unit serial number ID (e.g. hard drive serial ID) can be registered when getting tracked? That would be a much better solution (you can make dozens AAO/Battletracker accounts while getting a new harddrive is more expensive)

Jonnym

« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 05:54:46 AM »
Am going to try and open a dialogue with hazard / ACI to see if they want to manage our banlist for us...

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 06:15:38 AM »
Does assist check the MD5s of running processes and services?

Jonnym

« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
It MD5 checks some select files but not all. I was worried scanning all files will cause to much lag

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 08:02:34 AM »
I know some of the old competition anticheat modules used to check the live executables against a table of known md5's and if you only scan those that are in process your not looking at too many iterations, you could even scan part by part when there are more cycles free to lower the possibility of any lag. 

Just a future thought.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 13:56:58 PM »
I know some of the old competition anticheat modules used to check the live executables against a table of known md5's and if you only scan those that are in process your not looking at too many iterations, you could even scan part by part when there are more cycles free to lower the possibility of any lag. 

Just a future thought.

Punkbuster already has MD5 checks for most all the AA files and related DirectX dll files. Also, for registering with something unique, how about using the computer's MAC like AA Account History.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 14:39:38 PM »
Punkbuster already has MD5 checks for most all the AA files and related DirectX dll files. Also, for registering with something unique, how about using the computer's MAC like AA Account History.

MAC address can be changed. It might have some parts of being unique maybe, but as a whole it can be changed pretty easily, not to mention IP addresses and any other matter that doesn't involve a physical unit.

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 09, 2012, 14:40:32 PM »
Im not talking about the AA files im talking about other services/apps that are running in the background that pb cant see.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager