Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: GameSpy Servers Shutting Down in May  (Read 10789 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: GameSpy Servers Shutting Down in May
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
No i just wanted to say enjoy these moments because im sure the amount of players will go down without the tracker...im not sure what im gonna do...prolly play less.

yes, that is true. but we have ELiZ and his tracking system. so let's see what happend. if we are lucky, everything will go on. if not, aa3 and aa4 would have the same impact with bt, so maybe there will be a solution about this all. cross fingers :)

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 15:01:36 PM »
Tracker was always one of the cancers to the game, i've been saying since the first day i touched assist to quit it besides some of the best players of AA2 never cared about tracker, just find a way to keep up the points because people like to have a goal, that should be enough.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 16:04:27 PM »
yes, that is true. but we have ELiZ and his tracking system. so let's see what happend. if we are lucky, everything will go on. if not, aa3 and aa4 would have the same impact with bt, so maybe there will be a solution about this all. cross fingers :)

AA3 is nearly dead. Proving Grounds is alive and the launcher has a builtin stats browser (that said, the launcher is still one of the weak parts of the game, its way too buggy).

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
yes koden, I can see that on my aa4pg server when it checks the honors :)
and it is still beta version.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 09:18:48 AM »
Tracker was always one of the cancers to the game, i've been saying since the first day i touched assist to quit it besides some of the best players of AA2 never cared about tracker, just find a way to keep up the points because people like to have a goal, that should be enough.

it depends on what focus or aim u have. a competitive player cares about his team and the success in the leagues. most of the pub players, like nowadays, in a team or not, care about egoistic things like fragrate, points, rewards, statistics. they dont care if their side (ass/def on pub) wins the round/match or not. only a few ppl are left, who find that important and put their focus on teamwork. the real fun-players are really just a few. the focus to have fun, also needs some aims, egoistic or teambased. u only have fun, if ur sometimes successfull in any way.

in public play u can feel the pulse of it. the facts that
- only a few maps are played
- a lot play often the same side and spots (defence whoring)
- nearly no objectives are done, killl them all style of play
- very little teamplay or cover eachother
show that egoistic aims are on front.

ppl need aims and goals. so the question is what aims u give them. give them aims, which stimulates or asks for teamplay. take some gameaspects out, which are reasons for egoistic gameplay. statistics are always there, thats not the reason for this. the game has to be designed the way, that u can only be successfull and have a good statistic with a strong teamwork.

in my opinion aapg goes in the right direction. there u have a implemented map-rotation, automatic side-change, always first-person-view, a strong medic-system with reviving which is a keypoint for teamwork and a big reward system, etc.

conclusion
tracker is still needed, otherwise u will lose most players soon. numbers are already fallen drastically, u can see that on tracker-page. try to change some aspects of the game, not the gameplay itself of course, to strenghten the teamplay and spirit of the game. give ppl some new aims and rewards in that sense. compare to other games nowadays like bf etc., they have hundreds of rewarding coins and stuff, why?

Offline raw

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 03:01:07 AM »
nice post.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline Ganja

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 07:11:07 AM »
Yes I agree Sal, and I think some admins should take a good look at your post and think about it very hard and have like a brainstorming session. People play for rewards, statistics, but this is a teamwork game, so like Sal said, maybe value more the rounds won, or the objectives done, or the times you healed someone or whatever, instead of the fragrate

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 07:36:29 AM »
I remember the ES2 Boxes on 2.8.5, when you did need to cover your teammate while doing this object that counts a lot more then 10 kills (was 250 HP for each). this was really giving a good way in doing teamwork. there I did learn it and - for sure it was on SFExtraction :)

:matrix:
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 07:39:00 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, May 31, 2014, 22:26:17 PM »
Its still beeing tracked...

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 04:02:06 AM »
Hooah, servers are still beeing tracked like bollie says.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 07:48:06 AM »
yes, looks good so far.
let us wait another day to be sure and be happy about :)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:05:05 PM »
So what you're saying is that you only play the game for stats? What ever happened to playing a game just to have fun?

lol who needs them anyways killa, been like this for long time people only play for stats, sad kills the fun of the game

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:09:52 PM »
No i just wanted to say enjoy these moments because im sure the amount of players will go down without the tracker...im not sure what im gonna do...prolly play less.

sorry to see that happen, but all honestly who needs stupid frag rate whores, maybe more people will learn to play this game for fun as it was made for
i can't understand for the life of me how people still do play for stats on a 10 year old game try to explain that one to me
so if many leave because of bt down o well much more new comers will take over

Offline Ganja

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:35:47 PM »
If people stop playing when tracker is down, and the game dies, so be it. It would mean the current players lost the feeling of the good old AA days, and that the community is shit. Then I guess AA should rest in peace rather than be abused by some lame nerds

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 14:38:34 PM »
If people stop playing when tracker is down, and the game dies, so be it. It would mean the current players lost the feeling of the good old AA days, and that the community is shit. Then I guess AA should rest in peace rather than be abused by some lame nerds

well said ganja

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager