Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: dell inspiron 5523  (Read 3047 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
dell inspiron 5523
« on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:20:31 PM »
some tech support needed

k hated windows 8 on laptop so i used killerdisk to wipe all data on hard drive, promblem now i'm having is trying to install windows 7 64 bit ultimate version, boots up fine when loading up in the process but when trying to install windows operating system, it can't fine hard drive to install on

i even tried going to dell site to dl chipset driver and boot from usb but did nothing

never had a promblem like this before, any help would be cool

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: dell inspiron 5523
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:32:18 PM »
Go into BIOS. Find "harddrive properties" Usually under onboard devices, pick harddrive, change default from ACHI mode to Native, or Compatible mode F10, save and exit. Reboot.

If that dont work harddrive manufactures homepage and dl the harddrivers on USB and boot up from that.

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:57:07 PM »
Also when installing windows you will need to delete/erase disk 0 or disk 1 then start new partition.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 13:59:19 PM »
i've tried that and nothing boots from usb

goes through the complete process, but when windows pop up   ""where you want to install windows?""  no hard drive is showing

maybe i shouldn't of wiped it lol

this process is alot different then a desktop, lol

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 17:11:14 PM »
Hello,

Old school time.

Try the FORMAT option from Windows install or maybe other OS like Linux to do just kick start the process.

Steve

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 19:15:33 PM »
never mind for some reason i fried the hard drive, back to store to get a new hard drive

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 19:22:48 PM »
While this is solved, I'm wondering why you didn't just use Windows' built in hard drive formatter when installing Windows 7? When you go to select the drive to install windows on you can format it right there.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 22:22:02 PM »
While this is solved, I'm wondering why you didn't just use Windows' built in hard drive formatter when installing Windows 7? When you go to select the drive to install windows on you can format it right there.

i was not familar with windows 8 downgrade procedure, i thought it was just like windows vista upgrade to windows 7, wipe data and install new, was wrong

i guess i could of done the downgrade if i looked into it more, but i was in a hurry to get rid of windows 8 and made a costly mistake

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 23:06:45 PM »
Why not just use Classic Shell and "control userpasswords2" in a run command to automatically logon? It's what I've done for every customer on Windows 8. Latest OS + Windows 7 functionality.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 02, 2014, 08:02:35 AM »
oh, i did use the win8 downgrade procedure and - its bullshit (sorry). half of the programs did not worked anymore (i did uprade from 7 to 8 and back because win8 i dont like at all).

but win7 install cd should ask you to select the drive to install - then formating option could be used.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 02, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
He said there is no drive that can be selected to install windows on.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager