Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Game servers needed  (Read 15878 times)

Offline JunK

Re: Game servers needed
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »
From what I understand all servers can be 'honor' servers no need to pay pragmatic anymore so will be the same cost.  I could be wrong though ;)

Sounds great!! Let's look for the polish hoster maxrate, they have cheaps servers and location is germany  8) www.maxrate.pl

Jonnym

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 09:08:24 AM »
No you can't do this,
Read the posts, Game-server providers are a no GO, They don't have assist on them.
You've got a rent a blank server, and install assist on it. You need a VPS server with at least 512mb ram.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »
jonny I have a question.

So as I know is that if you host a server through the 25Assist, you will have an auth server and so that means you will have a honor server right? But if I want to buy an server? I need to buy then a honor server or do I need to buy just a normal server to make the auth working ?

Aside of having to rent a VPS, you don't need to worry about anything else, as far as now.

I think that there should at least be a donation adress dedicated to the authentication server(s) cost, since there will probably be at the very least one, and the owner will have to pay the server itself plus electricity bill (or the server rent). I would also dare to say that Jonny and the others who will develop and maintain authentication might benefit of such donations.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 09:44:28 AM by Koden »

Jonnym

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »
Help! Please can someone put together a list of VPS server providers in the US and Europe, Running windows (for ease of use) with at least 512mb ram and include in the list a Link to click on to go there and the price.
I just don't have the time at the moment to do it myself.

Offline Homey[GER]

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
My favorite gameserver hosting company here in germany (4players.de) also offers Support for Mods and Serverside Modifications. So if you can get some nice working stuff together and make it easy to install, I just have to get in touch with them so that they make this mod available for AAO Gameservers and have to ask them to get 2.5 as available game again, with your mod.

I also have 3 gameservers hosted there which then could go online with aa2.5 and assist/auth mod

Many other Hosting Companies support MODS too. But it depends on what stuff needs to get installed and modified. If it's just some modified or additional files, then I dont see any problem and many gameserver hosting companies will support this mod.

Offline [K][K].Zipferurtyp

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »
Spanky, 1 Mbps upload is good for 20 Slots!

you are sure??? i have 4 Mb/s and i have now only 1 server running (ex =IHF= Server present [K][K] KingKillerz lets keep AA2.5 alive) because i have thought i have too less.

Jonnym

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
you are sure??? i have 4 Mb/s and i have now only 1 server running (ex =IHF= Server present [K][K] KingKillerz lets keep AA2.5 alive) because i have thought i have too less.

Yes, I'm Sure, You should have no trouble at all running 2 servers! Can you put up an Assist managed server too?

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »
sure. with ~ 16 slots (because i have my own TS3 server too running)

because of the ports... wich ports i must make different ? 1716 and 1717 or more? (my server juse now 1716 and 1717)

Jonnym

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 13:08:05 PM »
you can use any port, but i recommend in the server settings screen change your ports to 1726 / 1727
make sure you open those port on your firewall/router

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 13:19:41 PM »
will call him zippy test AA25.org

maybe say to me how he work.

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 13:28:55 PM »
I have a dedi box that can easily run a few 2.5assist servers aswell as have seperate installs for clients via tcadmin but would need assist to run in each install.
Saying that using Assist to setup a server on my dedi is a pain, mainly the ports, help me with that and i can put some servers online.
Hit me with a pm and we can work something out.

CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 14:19:14 PM »
how should i call the server? for me it seems that hes running okay

Jonnym

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 15:30:18 PM »
[K][K] Clan official tracked honor server (soon)   ::)

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 17:31:04 PM »
[K][K] Clan official tracked honor server (soon)   ::)

really?? when you think you will do it?

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 05:19:11 AM »
Hello, we from SASF are willing to help to keep AA2 alive. The way we can mainly contribute is by atleast setting up 1 server through assist, but it has to be done through our hoster. If someone can pm me what we would need from our hoster so we can set it up so it can be done with authorization and everything, I would highly appreciate it. And I've read earlier in some topics that you can't run a normal gameserver but you would have to rent an 'empty' server when you can install everything on, is that correct?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager