Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Game servers needed  (Read 15873 times)

Jonnym

Game servers needed
« on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 04:39:11 AM »
We could do with some more assist servers on 2.5, when the new auth system is online only the Assist servers will have auth and at the moment there are only 5.

And whoever put up the Australian server, Thank you, we need more servers outside of europe, please keep it up.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Game servers needed
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 04:49:09 AM »
I'm currently running a server for some time during the day (6-8 hours)... :-[ i know it's a very little contribution. I'm also trying to sugggest other people/players to play/run servers through the Assist.

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »
have you got a list of providers that are suitable for running 25 assist?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 04:57:05 AM »
I could try putting up a small test server once I get my new server parts dialed in. I only have 1MBPS up at home so it probably won't be a high slot amount but I would be willing to give admin out to anybody on this forum.

As for providers, I would talk to the guys at AOWC. They were always friendly and their customer support may be able to setup an Assist server as long as it was automatic.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 04:59:10 AM »
Anyone that offers a Linux or Windows, Dedicated, Semi-dedicated or VPS servers, Windows is MUCH! easier to set-up so get that if you can, Game-server providers are a no-go. Just get plain servers and install assist on it yourself.
http://www.eukhost.com/windows-vps-hosting.php is a good example.

Jonnym

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »
Spanky, 1 Mbps upload is good for 20 Slots!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 05:01:52 AM »
I think dedicated servers are more expensive though. The guys at AOWC are very willing to edit things and work with system files. Jonny, maybe you could make an Assist server exe that you just drop in the system folder and run and it just runs itself? Then, I know for sure AOWC would be able to do that.

As for the upload speed, I also have torrents and 3 computers using the net at the same time. I'm thinking of starting at 10 slots and seeing what happens with that :)

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 05:11:07 AM »
How long till your looking to go live with auth and I might consider grabbing a server!

Jonnym

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 05:26:49 AM »
Only a few more days.

Spanky, Have you got QoS on your router, Just prioritise traffic coming from your server ports and when lots of people in the server the torrents will be slowed down to allow AA trafic first priority.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 05:29:01 AM by Jonnym »

Jonnym

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 05:34:02 AM »
here is another example server provider you could use in the U.S
http://swvps.com/windows-vps.html

i don't know how good they are but their wvps-1 server would be good for 20+ slots and costs only 18 dollar a month.

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 05:59:40 AM »
here is another example server provider you could use in the U.S
http://swvps.com/windows-vps.html

i don't know how good they are but their wvps-1 server would be good for 20+ slots and costs only 18 dollar a month.

$22.50 for the server to be based in the UK with them which is cheaper than a few places when converted into GBP.

Are there any USA players/clans on 2.5 that could be convinced to get a server?  That would give USA players somewhere to go.

use voucher code SWVPS5OFF to get 5% of this site too.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 06:13:38 AM »
Spanky, Have you got QoS on your router, Just prioritise traffic coming from your server ports and when lots of people in the server the torrents will be slowed down to allow AA trafic first priority.
Yea but it's super buggy, I don't bother using it anymore. Point is, and I don't mean to sound greedy, I don't want AA traffic to interfere with my regular net usage. I'll run as many slots as I can before it starts interfering.

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »
I'm going to host a server when Auth goes live, ordered one and it will be ready to go by tonight if i get time to set it up tonight.

That bad boy will probably be sat on CT most the time. 

Going to try host a smaller 10 man locally at times if needed I have the bandwith just not a massively reliable internet connection.

Also johnny if you need a server to use for SVN reasons let me know.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 06:56:42 AM by -GrAz »

Offline JunK

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 08:59:40 AM »
jonny I have a question.

So as I know is that if you host a server through the 25Assist, you will have an auth server and so that means you will have a honor server right? But if I want to buy an server? I need to buy then a honor server or do I need to buy just a normal server to make the auth working ?

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 03, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »
jonny I have a question.

So as I know is that if you host a server through the 25Assist, you will have an auth server and so that means you will have a honor server right? But if I want to buy an server? I need to buy then a honor server or do I need to buy just a normal server to make the auth working ?

From what I understand all servers can be 'honor' servers no need to pay pragmatic anymore so will be the same cost.  I could be wrong though ;)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager