Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Game servers needed  (Read 15889 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Game servers needed
« Reply #60 on: Friday, January 06, 2012, 17:42:37 PM »
I was going to make my own master browser list, But i though why re-invent the wheel?

Didn't you do that for early versions of Assist? You bought that dedicated server box and ran Assist from it before you went with Sourceforge. I was halfway wondering about a little text file that wouldn't take up much bandwidth, one strictly that has servers ran by Assist. You could even generate it locally and upload it to Dropbox so you don't have to pay to host it. But, that's probably not worthwhile for my 8 slot server :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 07, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »
hi guys
i noticed a starting lag and rising ping, if there are more than 10 ppl on a server. is that cause of the servers/the version 2.5/assist/me? it seems 2 be the same on all servers ive played so far.

btw thx for all ur work on this!

Jonnym

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 07, 2012, 07:33:19 AM »
You will get much lag in the first round when joining a server because of the extensive PB checks, To keep out hackers.
If pings rise after a number of players this means the server does not have enough bandwidth, join another server.

Offline urban-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, January 07, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
i can leave a server running most of the day, 2mb upload

any map rotation request? is it do-able to have normal maps and maap in one rotation setup

Jonnym

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, January 07, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Yes you can do that, but not recommended, people could get kicked for maap files in their folder, but sometimes not.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager