Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Forceclass servers need to be ..  (Read 5467 times)

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Forceclass servers need to be ..
« on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 23:35:14 PM »
I say take the honor out and tracking aswell, thats not how the game meant to be played.

Offline Alex

Re: Forceclass servers need to be ..
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 23:42:14 PM »
I say take the honor out and tracking aswell, thats not how the game meant to be played.
This has been discussed ever since the project launched. Unfortunately nothing ever gets done. :P

Offline @xe

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 02:57:43 AM »
So you want to remove the honor of some of the most active servers on the list, yes that makes sense.

If you are after a game with out the mods go and play COD or something, there has always been FC in this game and there will always be FC

The introduction of the MOD servers just allows popular servers to run when an admin is not available to force, why take away a part of the game that most people enjoy, you don't like them don't play on them no one makes you.

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 03:10:21 AM »
So you want to remove the honor of some of the most active servers on the list, yes that makes sense.

If you are after a game with out the mods go and play COD or something, there has always been FC in this game and there will always be FC

The introduction of the MOD servers just allows popular servers to run when an admin is not available to force, why take away a part of the game that most people enjoy, you don't like them don't play on them no one makes you.

ain't that the truth

some 1 always whinning about something ahh,

best advice dont like foreclass servers dont play in em , pretty cut & dry

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 04:30:11 AM »

x2
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 07:30:23 AM »
yes, that's the fastest way to get back to 10 players, for sure.
so please, let the players choose by itself what the would like to play. there are a lot of different kind of servers out there to choose and - as you can see - it works very fine.
some like this, some like others. that's because we are human and not roboters  :idea:

JonnyM

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 07:50:34 AM »
I think its ok to use modded servers but not to get honor and tracking on them.

Offline @xe

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 08:10:17 AM »
Why is hospital server so popular?

Do you think it is just that it is a fantastic map or maybe because points are easier to come by on that map?

Points is not the reason modded servers are more popular or to be blunt why our pipe server is so popular, it is because people get a choice of weapons, they like the fact they can play with a different weapon each round and the weapon options are only those that are in the game right now.

I don't see why we or anyone else should be penalized for giving people what they want and everything we provide on the server is above board and legal.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Why is hospital server so popular?

Do you think it is just that it is a fantastic map or maybe because points are easier to come by on that map?

Points is not the reason modded servers are more popular or to be blunt why our pipe server is so popular, it is because people get a choice of weapons, they like the fact they can play with a different weapon each round and the weapon options are only those that are in the game right now.

I don't see why we or anyone else should be penalized for giving people what they want and everything we provide on the server is above board and legal.

Other games are balanced through weapons being different in features, AA is balanced on teams because you play it in a more tactical way (because you only have 1 "life" for each match). However if the question is about randomizing the weapon preserving the amount of single weapons that the mission is featured with, maybe i think even Jonny would agree with that. You can't just take the control out of the match except for a very random casual fun match, if you want some mess with plenty of rpg's or m203's flying around (which might fit on a Call of duty scenario but on this game it's just a plain mess).
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 08:28:27 AM by Koden »

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 08:40:09 AM »
This argument has been around since modded servers appeared in AA and its one that will never end.
People like to play on mod servers because its fun for them, every round is different.
As someone said before, take away mod servers you take away alot of players from the game that like to play that style.
84 players online right now and only 24 are on mod servers

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 09:20:39 AM »

Amen brother. People don't play AA for the old school enjoyment of the game. They play because the like 203's, automatic firing and acogs all on the same weapon. Losers fo sho, but that's how they have fun. And sadly that's what keeps this game playable.

Yeah just go shoot a wall or something in an empty server. Because people will actually join you if you play in a non FC server. The only way to enjoy a full server is to play with nobs who like FC. The end. Specially now that all the decent comp players are gone. All hope for the old school AA as it was intended are gone.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 09:24:54 AM by eKC0mm »
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
only 2 mod servers with ppl on it,  others are the regular ones, move to Europe problem solved.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
No Americas Army in America. Irony.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
No Americas Army in America. Irony.
+1 lol, I blame CoD's / BF's :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 25, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
Amen brother. People don't play AA for the old school enjoyment of the game. They play because the like 203's, automatic firing and acogs all on the same weapon. Losers fo sho, but that's how they have fun. And sadly that's what keeps this game playable.
Slightly contradictive argument  ;)

No one is forcing you to play on fc/modded servers. non modded servers currently out number modded.
Comp players left the game because there is no competition left in AA

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager