Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: EAC presentation on Cheats in Multiplayer games  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Robert

EAC presentation on Cheats in Multiplayer games
« on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 13:52:31 PM »

Well done lads  :style:

Mia Cop

Re: EAC presentation on Cheats in Multiplayer games
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 14:50:53 PM »
This kind of presentation about cheats - hackers in the game is absolutely very interesting to listen and to watch!
I'm watching it only 8 minutes until now (and for sure I'm gonna watch all 49 minutes before I go to bed) but I can see that they gave so much effort for this kind of presentation and this is really worth to see!
Everything they are saying is pretty simple to understand and with lot of new information I didn't know!
Hardly waiting to see what's coming next.

Thanks Robert for the link!  :oops:

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 12:51:03 PM »
You' re welcome, I was interested to see it myself to be fair, maybe admins here can learn thing or two :)

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 13:57:50 PM »
Good talk. There's always the conflict between server side or client side and the latency. As time progresses, most of the problems will be solved by decent band connection. Still, a good talkon different types of problems/snags one can encounter

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 14:53:57 PM »
You' re welcome, I was interested to see it myself to be fair, maybe admins here can learn thing or two :)
Not much, to be honest. Like when he answered the guy about "mod creation", we don't have the source code and are therefore extremely limited in what we can do.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 15:21:15 PM »
Aa2 is an old (but well made overall) game, modern games use prevention to avoid some kind of cheating like he mentioned about Dota. Preventing a behavior is obviously way better than having to deal with it later on...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager