Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Do we need protected servers or not?  (Read 7761 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Do we need protected servers or not?
« on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »
There are many servers with "ddos protected" in its server names, but there is no proof of it at all. As you could see many times now, only the "official servers" located at the United States and the ones running on the "big" Europe server are real protected against ddos attacks. And i did try many other options with not that high costs as you also know, but there was no way to get the protection cheaper. Also sad to say that the attacks are still going on - and not only from Edie as i could see.

So it is up to you now to save this game against ddos attacks or not. You can rent a server for 20 Euros with real protection or you just can donate to the paypal pool with the link below. We all know, it is a lot of money for a month without ddos attacks - maybe to much to pay for.

Servers/Donations:          https://paypal.me/pools/c/82iRBHJqbQ

The money you did spend will be refunded to you at your paypal account if the goal will not be reached. Good luck and thanks for the help!

Btw: i will not lock this topic, so bad words and hate will find theyr way more easy

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

Re: Do we need protected servers or not?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 25, 2018, 18:26:03 PM »
my server this day was a trialpart for found ddos. datacenter meldet sich bald :D

Offline ^Ta766^

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 02:00:59 AM »
hi merlin
i just purchased a server from israeli company that says that all of theirs server are DDoS protected, how can i check it for real? (they said that all of the company server are conected to a firewall and have a protection from ddos)

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 07:34:57 AM »
why you did not buy a secured server when you bought it,[Merlin]
individually is certainly more expensive than buying common protected server :?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 07:40:30 AM »
then show me finaly a protected server - i see not only one so far, except the ones i did write about above. all datacenters calling theyr servers ddos protected can protect a webpage, but not this old game. but soon we will see, when the real protected server is gone. and to all others whith protected servers - show us, would be great to have cheap ddos protection.

@alkos: i did try 4 different datacenters with all included (also ddos). and - nothing, did not work at all. no protection. no one can protect our servers without help of aa2assist administrators. so it is, its a fact.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 07:42:50 AM »
i dont need the stress, the bills, the paypal differences and all that stuff. i did it only because
 - i wanted to show the attackers that there is a way
- i wanted to have this game up and running

i made the proof, now its up to you all. thanks to all who did support it, great teamwork and teamspirit it was.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 13:13:53 PM »
we need 5 more server owners to get the goal - or a lot donators.

Offline ICON-BoMBer

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 15:56:09 PM »
 ICON+Rage of the elite pipeline server runs smooth.
I was able to play long sessions again only since I have this protected server. I think alot of people apreciate a smooth gameplay.

So cheers and ty Merlin  :D :up: :style:

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 17:15:00 PM »
I'm not sure but maybe they indirectly attacks the servers.
for me it looks like they attack the Authserver so we lose connection to our servers.
I don't belive they pick every single server and DDos them.
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 26, 2018, 17:57:00 PM »
you have right. ddos cant stop. other methode and merlins server going also down ( not my methode, this was a other crap). i saw today 500 gb/sec is now standart.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 17:15:15 PM »
you have right. ddos cant stop. other methode and merlins server going also down ( not my methode, this was a other crap). i saw today 500 gb/sec is now standart.

read my post and you see there is not almost 1gb load - look first, write later

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 17:59:14 PM »
only four days for payment of a protected server!!
support the game without DDoS because after four days we will never be able to have again protected server.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/82iRBHJqbQ
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 18:33:13 PM by General_alkos »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 18:44:25 PM »
It's guaranteed if merlin protected servers don't exist any longer ddos will have a fun attacking unprotected servers and people will be complaining by then it's to late cause merlin stated he will not again get involved trying to protect servers any longer

So people that love playing so much reach in your pocket book $ 5 to $10 will not make you broke

If not enjoy not playing no longer simple as that

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager