Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Disable player admin icon  (Read 6816 times)

Offline -{GcC}-Dinouso

Disable player admin icon
« on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:16:54 AM »
Hey all

Does anybody know if it's possible to not display the player admin icon in the leaderboard?

Thx for all replies

Dino

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Disable player admin icon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
You wish to be an incognito admin or something? Why?

And I don't know of a way, to my knowledge it should be automatic.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -{GcC}-Dinouso

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:34:17 AM »
Yes, incognito admin is a pretty good word for that what I need :)

In the past we had many players who started crying that they were we ghosted by a player admin, as soon as they saw a player admin on our server. (Of course this wasn?t the case). Hence we decided to play without player admins. Lately our clan grew and we are no more only two or three players online at the same time. This makes it harder to bring all players to one team, if no one can force side change.

This is the reason why I?m asking if there is a possibility to remove this icon on our server.

Dino

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
For now it's not possible I think, but would be a nice feature indeed.

Offline -{GcC}-Dinouso

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
Thanks for your answer Ganja.

Then we will continue to beg for players to change side.  ;)

Dino

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
When you talk in chat it will still say admin so I'm not sure what disabling the icon will help with.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 13:09:50 PM »
Maybe you could be playing specator admin ...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 13:26:36 PM »
das macht doch n??t, hei mer o gha. wichtig isch eifach, dass d'er nid mit admin r?cht ghosted. de gsehd spiler schn?ll, das es ke grund git zum bl??d tue.
bi ??s hei alle member wo regum?ssig spile admin r?cht. isch besser so de chasch au eigni spiler uf di gliich siite tu.
tschou :)

Offline OICURMT2!

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 06:27:33 AM »
Yes, incognito admin is a pretty good word for that what I need :)

Best way to be incognito is to remove yourself from playeradmin and setup pbucon so you can monitor the server from a terminal window.

I issue commands via the terminal such as screenshot requests, CVAR lists etc...

OIC!
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 21:05:07 PM »
I'm still quite baffled by the whole "ghosted" phenomenon. I'm quite surprised that we still hear complaints about it, even though it seems as if it barely ever happens, at least to me. Personally, I wish it happened to me more (if it happens to me at all). In fact, I encourage people to ghost me out. For me, it's much better when the enemy comes to me, rather than the other way around, especially if the opfor is camping in some obscure place. "Ghosting" typically prompts people to 'do something' with the precious knowledge they've just received. So they'll make a sound, pull a nade, go for the enemy, or something that usually involves movement, which really helps me.  :style:  :up: MUWWHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAA

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 21:23:16 PM »
I'm still quite baffled by the whole "ghosted" phenomenon. I'm quite surprised that we still hear complaints about it, even though it seems as if it barely ever happens, at least to me. Personally, I wish it happened to me more (if it happens to me at all). In fact, I encourage people to ghost me out. For me, it's much better when the enemy comes to me, rather than the other way around, especially if the opfor is camping in some obscure place. "Ghosting" typically prompts people to 'do something' with the precious knowledge they've just received. So they'll make a sound, pull a nade, go for the enemy, or something that usually involves movement, which really helps me.  :style:  :up: MUWWHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAA
Well to me there are 2 types of ghosting.
1. Where people in TS are on different teams and one is reporting enemy locations to the other. This is pretty lame and shouldn't be done.

2. Where people in TS are on the same team and when one dies, he reports where he was shot from. I don't really have a problem with this one, although this is the one 99% of the bitching is about. I don't get all the rage. Yeah, I get "dead people don't talk", but this game isn't 100% realism and you could always move from the location you were reported in.

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 16, 2014, 23:05:29 PM »
1. Where people in TS are on different teams and one is reporting enemy locations to the other. This is pretty lame and shouldn't be done.

2. Where people in TS are on the same team and when one dies, he reports where he was shot from. I don't really have a problem with this one, although this is the one 99% of the bitching is about. I don't get all the rage. Yeah, I get "dead people don't talk", but this game isn't 100% realism and you could always move from the location you were reported in.

I agree. Not to mention -- dead people don't get to come back. :-o

Offline -{GcC}-Dinouso

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 10:57:13 AM »
Best way to be incognito is to remove yourself from playeradmin and setup pbucon so you can monitor the server from a terminal window.

I issue commands via the terminal such as screenshot requests, CVAR lists etc...

OIC!

Sounds quite nice to me. I will give it a try. Thanks a lot OIC.

When you talk in chat it will still say admin so I'm not sure what disabling the icon will help with.

Didn't think about that.  :shock:

Maybe you could be playing specator admin ...

I think in this case everybody would see that an admin is on and starts crying again.

And there is a third one: A player admin, or even a spectator admin looks up the enemies and reports the positions via teamspeak.
(I have to say I have never suffered under that, or did not reconice it :) But in the past a great number of players on our server thought to suffer from that way of "ghosting")

I agree. Not to mention -- dead people don't get to come back. :-o

Don't forget the last words :)

das macht doch n??t, hei mer o gha. wichtig isch eifach, dass d'er nid mit admin r?cht ghosted. de gsehd spiler schn?ll, das es ke grund git zum bl??d tue.
bi ??s hei alle member wo regum?ssig spile admin r?cht. isch besser so de chasch au eigni spiler uf di gliich siite tu.
tschou :)

Ja leider isch ?s h?fig ungersteut worde dass mir mit admin r?cht ghoste. O we das nat?rlech nid stimmt.
Und anstat z diskutiere heimar haut d player admins usegno. Aber je me l?t das bisch je schwiriger wirds aui i eis team z bringe.

Short swiss german answer for merlin :)
« Last Edit: Monday, March 17, 2014, 11:03:22 AM by -{GcC}-Dinouso »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
I think in this case everybody would see that an admin is on and starts crying again.
I'm pretty sure that's not true unless your on tournament mode. In fact, even if I join as a regular Player Admin, my name will be hidden until I actually join a side.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »
Tell them to quit crying and play the game. Problem solved!

I'm pretty sure that's not true unless your on tournament mode. In fact, even if I join as a regular Player Admin, my name will be hidden until I actually join a side.
You have to join as a spectator admin in tourney mode, player admin is disabled.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager