Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Disable player admin icon  (Read 6762 times)

Offline -{GcC}-Dinouso

Re: Disable player admin icon
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's not true unless your on tournament mode. In fact, even if I join as a regular Player Admin, my name will be hidden until I actually join a side.

Ok, I didn't test it.
But as an spectator admin I can't play. Thus i had to log off and back on as a player. And in this short periode of time someone could connect on the server and mess up the teams again.

Tell them to quit crying and play the game. Problem solved!
You have to join as a spectator admin in tourney mode, player admin is disabled.

Yes this would be a solution, but I don't wanna discuss with them. If there is a sweet solution to admin the server (or only change players to the other team) without showing them that an admin is online, I would be happy.
Maybe OIC's solution with pbucon will do the trick.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 17, 2014, 12:51:23 PM by -{GcC}-Dinouso »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 14:21:34 PM »
Could be a feature but its up to devs.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 15:58:54 PM »
first person view as a standard would solve the general ghosting problem quickly...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 16:17:49 PM »
first person view as a standard would solve the general ghosting problem quickly...

Not really.

Admins can always ghost via f12
Players can still go in other team

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 16:31:29 PM »

Not really.

Admins can always ghost via f12
Players can still go in other team

u're right. but thats probl 10% of ghosting. 90% is done when on the same team: watching around corners and over half of the map for teammates when death. so sometimes u have to not only sneak around 2 eyes, but probl 10 eyes or more, which have variable angles...

i dont think thats in the sense of the game.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 17:12:59 PM »
Tell them to quit crying and play the game. Problem solved!
You have to join as a spectator admin in tourney mode, player admin is disabled.
Yes. I know.
What I said is, if you join a regular server as playeradmin, your name will not show up until you choose a side (not even under spectators).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Mixk

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
Yes. I know.
What I said is, if you join a regular server as playeradmin, your name will not show up until you choose a side (not even under spectators).

True but there will be a gap in the spectators box when you join as a spectator admin. You can't see the name, but you can see the empty gap where a name would be.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
yes, but after the round has finished, you will be switched auto to one team - then the name is visible again :)

and using admin power for ghosting would be really bullshit. i guess less then 5% are using this (hopefully).
all our regular playing clanmates do have admin power - to follow the rule: one team, one side.
for sure teams are using ts for the "ghosting" part, why should they not? use ts at all is the first big step to go there, but it should - as already posted above - not be used if not on the same team/side.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 08:11:13 AM »
Does PB deputy powers work with the current PB config?
If not, what has to change?

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 10:44:16 AM »
To test PBUcon we have to add some commands to the pb config file:
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbucon.php

How is it possible to customize it? Does the server took the original assist25 config file on each start? it overwrites the customized config after reboot.

For instance:
pb_sv_usessionlimit 1
pb_sv_ucontimeout
pb_sv_uconadd 3 127.0.0.1: test test
Fight or join (only german or siwss german speaking) us:

[email protected]

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager