Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: develop radar  (Read 10287 times)

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: develop radar
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 20:55:03 PM »
Imo anything that makes the game better should be done... Radar wouldn't finish the roe but it would help decreasing, just like it did in 2.8.x ...

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 23:24:50 PM »
I'm not gonna arg because radar could make some "security breach", what i just said was if u can manage to do something that might decrease roe or give friendly/enemy position it should be done, just as simple as that... Now, if admins think that radar could bring more issues than benefits it's up to them :)

For me radar, would be helpfull, but like i said 'in my opinion'  ;D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 23:28:12 PM »
I'm not gonna arg because radar could make some "security breach", what i just said was if u can manage to do something that might decrease roe or give friendly/enemy position it should be done, just as simple as that... Now, if admins think that radar could bring more issues than benefits it's up to them :)

For me radar, would be helpfull, but like i said 'in my opinion'  ;D

I would love to see it fully working and not cause any security problems too. It's possible to do something down the road when we learn more about UScript :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »
Radar is bad, please don't waste time on that.

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »
Radar is bad, please don't waste time on that.
Why do you think so?
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Jonnym

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
its not on the list for this release. Tho you still can use maapfriend if you disable auth honor and hackhunter. But watch the hackers run amok in your server then.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »
Each of us have his own view of the game that might not match with other's one...just saying for the sake of not having a debate on "radar is good" or "radar is bad" but hopefully something more that leaves space to a deeper discussing...

So far i understood that those who don't like the SAI radar explains that with no need for a visual "aid" for better detecting friendlies, and obviously because its a fast way to report and have a visual report of enemy position. In a real war scenario you would ideally report enemies by voice using your equipment, which is slower but would still work ingame even tho you actually have to do by typing.

Of course having a microphone headset and a Teamspeak server to use is the next step ^^

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 01, 2012, 14:20:48 PM »
I'm sure the radar would be allowed via server settings, so if u dont like radar u can just skip the servers that have it allowed, for its final release anyway.

That's how it is now with TeamView. You can enable/disable in Assist's server settings. Either everybody in the server has it or nobody does.

Offline Forza

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
Why do you think so?

In a real war you usually don't have a radar either, I think it was a very unrealistic addition to the game.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »
In a real war you usually don't have a radar either, I think it was a very unrealistic addition to the game.

In a real war you have other instruments, so even if a Voip tool would be the best and realistic add for playing this game, not every player has a microphone. Obviously players with no microphone would only listen with lesser chance to partecipate. But i think i already wrote another post above about it.

I'm just stating things because i see some thinking how unrealistic is the radar, but in the end it is a visual solution for providing an easier teamwork gameplay. And it is very immediate.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 08:55:36 AM by Koden »

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 13:20:25 PM »
its shit. unrealistic. go play bf or cod. ty

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 13:36:14 PM »
its shit. unrealistic. go play bf or cod. ty

-.- deeply explained opinion as usual. Even Red Orchestra 2 has his own map with objects and spotted enemies on it. And you can't blame RO2 for being unrealistic since its aimed to be a WW2 simulation!

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 05, 2012, 14:02:52 PM »
I think the radar is quite realistic. In the military, it's a group effort. You spot an enemy and keep it to yourself, you risk the lives of your whole squad. It's that kind of information that gets shared and the SAI/Radar/HUD is the game version of that. Of course, VOIP is the most natural way to do that as you can communicate with your squad in real life, you're not just a bunch of mutes running around. But, not everybody in the server is on the same VOIP and thus an in-game substitute was made.

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 06, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »
but we have all over the years gotten good at spotting enemies on vent/ts for our clanmates well enough to not need a radar.
Plus this is the natural way to play this game. Indeed those without a mic or those who are born without the ability to speak would benefit from the radar. but go play RO2 then.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 02:57:44 AM »
I think the radar is quite realistic. In the military, it's a group effort. You spot an enemy and keep it to yourself, you risk the lives of your whole squad. It's that kind of information that gets shared and the SAI/Radar/HUD is the game version of that. Of course, VOIP is the most natural way to do that as you can communicate with your squad in real life, you're not just a bunch of mutes running around. But, not everybody in the server is on the same VOIP and thus an in-game substitute was made.

SAI is good and similar to what they use in real life.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager