Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: DDoS and the facts about it  (Read 53368 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: DDoS and the facts about it
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 10:24:17 AM »
Oh man the top ones of swiss investigating a DDoS attack on a game with maximum 100 players at a time. That would actually make me laugh quite a lot
Not for the Game neither for the Auth.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 11:14:31 AM »
I mean cyber crime is taken seriously in some cases but even if you have a friend working at that part of police I doubt they would just check your attack, ofc. you need a good reason etc. They cant just randomly check it someones IP as they might get in trouble

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »
if you would understand more about this all ronski, then you would see that i did not tell shit in here at all. 2 of us here do know what happend, one is me.
i did talk about a FINAL proof from very high professionals, you should read more carefully and without emotions. would help you. for me its sure who it was.

and as so often, you do say i am a bigmouth and liar, so where is your proof? read the facts and tell me where i did lie. so wait until i will get the results. and btw., any other attack will change my mind about not taking action against it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 11:52:45 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline ronski

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 12:15:24 PM »
if you would understand more about this all ronski, then you would see that i did not tell shit in here at all. 2 of us here do know what happend, one is me.
i did talk about a FINAL proof from very high professionals, you should read more carefully and without emotions. would help you. for me its sure who it was.

and as so often, you do say i am a bigmouth and liar, so where is your proof? read the facts and tell me where i did lie. so wait until i will get the results. and btw., any other attack will change my mind about not taking action against it.
By this far I see it's just word against word - shown evidence proving nothing, which makes it so hard to understand why you are blaming him so hard with no proof? Why you come here saying he did it if you can't prove it, I don't think it's fair.

Then again if you are right at the end, then I need to apologise - but atm with shown facts he seems innocent and therefore there shouldn't be any reason for this topic to even exist.

Offline Robert

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 12:54:10 PM »
This topic is a joke, stop accussing possessed and move on :style:

Mia Cop

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:04:54 PM »
It's so easy to believe someone when they're telling you exactly what you want to hear Merlin. Please be careful to who you believe.
This is a brutal conversation and instantly brutal attack to someone who is not guilty maybe at all.
So i will ask something and i really hope that we all gonna get honestly answer since there's mixed opinions about this topic. I think that you - Possessed - are able to answer me/to us because this questions is going directly to you. I hope you are honest person and i hope we will get the same answer - the truth. There's lot of people believing you around this community, so don't betray our trust.
So my question is this since nobody asked you:

Did you or did you not made a Ddoss attack on Merlin's server?

Thank you for your answer.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:06:44 PM »
Everyone have read the facts, that's why they don't trust what you say, because you really didn't said nothing conslusive, I have showed your facts are just an attempt to blame me, I would not be surprised if you was behind this, because for someone that didn't knew about ddos you now know even how much it costs... You aren't telling me anything about taking actions, if you were right or could do something, you would have did it already, you are trying to scare the wrong person.
Mia, that was already answered posts ago. It is up to him to prove what he is saying, I don't have to prove anything, I'm not guilty nor in a judgement :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:09:28 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:11:20 PM »
can you give an answer to Mia's question?

Mia Cop

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:12:37 PM »
Everyone have read the facts, that's why they don't trust what you say, because you really didn't said nothing conslusive, I have showed your facts are just an attempt to blame me, I would not be surprised if you was behind this, because for someone that didn't knew about ddos you now know even how much it costs... You aren't telling me anything about taking actions, if you were right or could do something, you would have did it already, you are trying to scare the wrong person.
Mia, that was already answered posts ago. It is up to him to prove what he is saying, I don't have to prove anything, I'm not guilty nor in a judgement :)

I do believe you.

Can someone lock this ridiculous thread already? :-D
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 13:16:24 PM by [Mia] »

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 17:29:55 PM »
This is a terrible drama, comon guys you can do better...

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 17:53:11 PM »
SF][-General_alkos 1h [ASSIST]
I am with all good and I suggest something?let him return back to the pit,and if one thing inscriptions racist banujte it ..He is a good player and we're done with everything.however, only finished with that ..is not the only culprit ..I do not know if something wrong and I wrote ..I did it for all the players wrote.Bok od alkosa
But also to other nations not to provoke ..
we are not all the same and we do not like to ..it's history proved and will never change.because of the stupid faith, church and other things ..we all know everything and do not make the mad and blind ....
bok from alkosa
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 17:58:17 PM by General_alkos »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 18:24:14 PM »
I do believe you.

Can someone lock this ridiculous thread already? :-D

Same as the shout box, if you dont like the thread, stay out. Thats was your own advice yes?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Mia Cop

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 02:58:58 AM »
Same as the shout box, if you dont like the thread, stay out. Thats was your own advice yes?

Oh there you go, hey my private stalker.. :-)
Do you know what I love about you...?
I love that super cute thing you do when you don't text me back for days! Gah that's so adorable. Can you be so kind and start to do so, for real?
Thank you! :-)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 04:34:55 AM »
There are/have been (at least) three completely different things being discussed here:
1) someone might have DDoS'ed Merlin's server
2) Assist admins have the possibility to enter a server as an admin if they need to (not activated by default)
3) The pb power thing

1) A lot of those IPs came from Brazil and you immediately thought it was Possessed. However, the first few I checked were under a different ISP than Possessed. Besides seeing as they don't map to a specific location within the country, I'd say they're most likely proxies.
Not really an expert in the field, but just something 3 minutes of searching gave me.

2) It's always been the case and it was in fact the case before Assist. The possibilities are within the game and not Assist. Assist admins pay for this game running, we do so with our time. Most of you will probably not have a clue as to how much time this thing can suck.
As server admins should not abuse their right in their servers, we will not do so within our auth system. Again, similarly to server admins, we do retrain the right to act when necessary. As has been stated before, we do not and will not have admin right on any server by default.
We also have the possibility of banning servers from using our auth system. This has been done before as well (most typical (and only one I know of) reason is mods that allow for 2/10/100 kills per kill to be tracked - in other words basically cheating for points/kills/fragrate).

3) I really don't know much about the PB power thing. It might be that it also comes with the global admin right described above, but right now nobody has them enabled. As far as I know, Assist hasn't been updated for a good while so it can't be anything new in principle.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 05:57:46 AM »
nobody would ddos from their own IP, that would be pretty stupid.. theres a lot of sites that offer that kind of stuff.. but it is really random that he got ddosed from Brazil/Argentina lol but most of the IPs are static so you could contact the ISP
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 08, 2016, 06:00:42 AM by phuNkiii.ops »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager