Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: DDoS and the facts about it  (Read 53303 times)

Offline ronski

Re: DDoS and the facts about it
« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:05:11 PM »
There is a command for this, like a code you need to type, or is this assist related?. But, like you and koden pointed out, it still doesnt mean anything. Besides that, if he doesnt abuse it, i dont care anyway, since he is admin of the game.
as a player- / spectating admin you can give pb power for any player via console. Depending on the amount the user who has pb power can for example kick others out for some time by themselves.

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:17:53 PM »
Lol so some guy can just give himself power on any server, what else does he has access too, I remember back then when assist could basicly track everything you do on your pc or some shit lmao

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:20:59 PM »
Lol so some guy can just give himself power on any server, what else does he has access too, I remember back then when assist could basicly track everything you do on your pc or some shit lmao

way different subject that's been long gone,

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:24:14 PM »
as a player- / spectating admin you can give pb power for any player via console. Depending on the amount the user who has pb power can for example kick others out for some time by themselves.

only server owners should be able to do that, he has no business giving himself power without consent of server owners,  even if it was to stay on top of pit, what he did is wrong and unacceptable

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:25:03 PM »
Yeah but as I read he has pb power on private servers.. Which means somehow he has access to it or punkbuster idk
« Last Edit: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:27:07 PM by phuNkiii.ops »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 03, 2016, 16:44:45 PM »
You know this is my guid because it is explicit written in the PB Config files as:
pb_sv_namelock 7695df6c0524a57e511e2f720f56db46 Possessed
I have no reason keep playing on any of your servers, as it would be unplayable for me.
I don't see any logs of my account getting kicked in any of your servers, so how would I know that my guid was banned there lol.
As someone that manage lots of servers, I'm sure you have seen the PB power line(both at console and config file) many times and is only complaining now to create something that could relate with the posible "attacks". You haven't any matching IP that could support 1% of your statement, Poor attempt. Different from the Attacks we suffered, that came from a know user IP.

Also weren't the attacks from Venezuela? or this isnt important, as you want to blame me for it lol.

So you know ddos attacks by names and types, that isnt what you have been saying about the attacks Auth have been suffering. Now you know how much a ddos attack costs, interesting that you didn't came with all this knowledgment when we were under attack, so we can also blame you for the attacks, right?
Have you ever heard of port scanning or you gonna hide this term as well just to support your bad point?
« Last Edit: Friday, June 03, 2016, 17:11:25 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Bart!

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 03:38:07 AM »
only server owners should be able to do that, he has no business giving himself power without consent of server owners,  even if it was to stay on top of pit, what he did is wrong and unacceptable
I don't fully agree. I agree that just kicking people should not always been allowed, however, I think every assist admin, should have kick rights, in order to immediately kick out cheaters.

If I ban a player from assist, he is still able to play as long as he is still in the server, wouldn't it be in everyones benefit if I can kick that cheater out as well - immediately?

I've seen some server admins abusing their powers like hell, while they use OUR assist server for authentication.
What gives them more rights to do this kind of stuff?

I think the above reason to have to kick rights should fully allow me to - in case it's necessary - join every server with admin rights, when it is needed to stop a cheater.

However, the rights should NOT be abused for kicking for no reason. As long as I do NOT see this happening, I'm totally fine to have an admin also handling anti-cheat having kick rights.

I'll ask you a very controversial question:
If an admin kicks me, just because he's powerhungry and doesn't like getting killed, can I then join as assist admin, and kick him, as he is playing on assist server ultimately?

In fact, it's exactly the same behaviour as he did, but as server admin, it seems to get tolerated, and as assist admin, shit just hits the fan.

- Note: This did not happen. I am against that kind of behaviour, I just want to open eyes that server admins should not be immune if they are being toxic. They have a privilege with responsibilities. If you abuse this, I think a punishment should be in place just to stop these practices from happening. This is in everyones benefit in the long term.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 03:56:21 AM »
If I remember, players with lower PB Power can't kick someone with higher PB Power unless they are server admins ;)
Theres a post in our private area, I asked for others to post their PB Guids so I could add them as well, but no one replied, I don't know other admins main accounts, neither their guids(we do not receive player pbguids unless they get a kick), thats why I just added mine, same for namelock.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Bart!

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 03:59:54 AM »
If I remember, players with lower PB Power can't kick someone with higher PB Power unless they are server admins ;)
Theres a post in our private area, I asked for others to post their PB Guids so I could add them as well, but no one replied, I don't know other admins main accounts, neither their guids(we do not receive player pbguids unless they get a kick), thats why I just added mine, same for namelock.
I don't mind if people kick me, I just gather proof if they do so to see if they are abusing their powers, and take appropriate action when needed and confirmed.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 04:08:05 AM »
Probably the matter sounds more "important" than what it looks like, because most people (and server owners) fear about assist staff using it (which would be 4 or 5 people who rarely play the game at all).  But in practice, over 5 years, it was almost never used at all, as far as I know. And there's a good reason for it, because it can easily become abuse, and they are aware of it.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 04:49:48 AM »
Assist has no rights on anyones server.  Admin can do what ever they want on there server . The only rights assist have is to ban  cheats. Any thing other than this is abuse of assist power.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 05:12:03 AM »
Assist has no rights on anyones server.  Admin can do what ever they want on there server . The only rights assist have is to ban  cheats. Any thing other than this is abuse of assist power.

No. Since assist is needed to make sure your server is the serverlist,  they can do it. Tho,  it would be nice that this info was public.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 05:18:26 AM »
No no, it goes both ways, my friend.

Any Private server admin has no right whatsoever to abuse powers on our auth system, and we have no rights to abuse our powers on their servers.

It seems some PSA thinks they are invincible and can do what they want, this is toxic for the whole community. I've seen people gettting kicked because they spamshot the admin on the server, so he kicked and made  a new rule. This is toxic and should be stopped.

Assist should do what it can to stop toxic behaviour. This includes:
- Banning cheaters
- Temporary bans on severe exploits
- Temporary bans on excessive intentional teamkilling
- Appropriate actions for power abuse.

For all assist players, it is our job to create a pleasant environment for them, it is so for PSA, and for auth. I don't think it's fair to make a PSA invincible. He should act like a good PSA. Power abuse on assist will ruin it for other players.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 12:14:54 PM »
I have no reason keep playing on any of your servers, as it would be unplayable for me.

only a short sequence of not playing on my server:
Code: [Select]
aa250logs\Logs\Server30.log:05/02/16 21:49:26 Log: 25AssistSM: Player GUID Computed 7695df6c0524a57e511e2f720f56db46(-) (slot #8) 201.29.60.184:53314 Possessed
aa250logs\Logs\Server30.log:05/02/16 22:04:39 Log: 25AssistSM: Player GUID Computed 7695df6c0524a57e511e2f720f56db46(-) (slot #4) 201.29.60.184:64031 Possessed
aa250logs\Logs\Server30.log:05/02/16 22:39:43 Log: 25AssistSM: Player GUID Computed 7695df6c0524a57e511e2f720f56db46(-) (slot #5) 201.29.60.184:54918 Possessed
aa250logs\Logs\Server30.log:05/21/16 03:21:17 Log: 25AssistSM: Player GUID Computed 7695df6c0524a57e511e2f720f56db46(-) (slot #2) 187.78.164.96:55316 Possessed

just another hint for you:
read all more carefully. i did never say that i will send the special forces to you down to Brazil. why should i? only because you did attack 4 times now my servers with DDoS ? :).

you did it again yesterday midnight. thanks a lot for that, because i had to set a trap for you. and remember, this is only a game. players can go to every other server as they like. i will for sure not start to cry when players will be kicked out. but maybe it will disturb the community and the picture of you as well. could be.

i will use your attack now for a test at my work as well as for the work together with the Government's special forces. but for sure i will hold my rights up for taking action against you by law.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 13:17:25 PM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, June 04, 2016, 13:20:34 PM »
No no, it goes both ways, my friend.

Any Private server admin has no right whatsoever to abuse powers on our auth system, and we have no rights to abuse our powers on their servers.

Thats not how it worked on AA ever. SO now you believe you have the right to do this why?

It seems some PSA thinks they are invincible and can do what they want, this is toxic for the whole community. I've seen people gettting kicked because they spamshot the admin on the server, so he kicked and made  a new rule. This is toxic and should be stopped.

They are on there own server thats what they pay for and its none of assists business. If people want to drop by for abuse thats up to there dumb ass, not yours. You dont need to protect them from abuse of that sort. All the players do is leave and its done. Simply nothing to do with AA or assist

Assist should do what it can to stop toxic behaviour. This includes:
- Banning cheaters
- Temporary bans on severe exploits
- Temporary bans on excessive intentional teamkilling

Correct, correct,correct.

- Appropriate actions for power abuse.
Wrong wrong wrong Nonthing to do with assist.

For all assist players, it is our job to create a pleasant environment for them,
In the Forum and shout box yes it is. In the private servers no its not. Players can stay and be abused if there dumb enough. BUt it really doesnt happen.

[/quote]

it is so for PSA, and for auth. I don't think it's fair to make a PSA invincible. He should act like a good PSA. Power abuse on assist will ruin it for other players.
His server his rules take it or leave it. How simples that? Not up to you to over ride a guy who pays the bills. Like I said AA never done it. you dont have the right. Even if you are doing it for a right reason. Its not you paying the server bill.

[/quote]

Yes he does rightly or wrongly he pays the bills. Thats is why you dont have the right togo over him.

And thats is freedom of choise. the players have the same freedom to leave the server empty.

[/quote]
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager