Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Consistancy problem.  (Read 4090 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Consistancy problem.
« on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:36:05 PM »
There is a consistancy problem in here you dont have a consistant set of rules , you simply make it up as you go. With regard to banning ppl closing threads etc. Consistancy is needed for all wither it be for foul mouth chat or banning from the game, or locking someones thread.

Put up a clear set of rules, its for everyones benefit. :)
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Ganja

Re: Consistancy problem.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:43:58 PM »
Consistancy is needed for a big community, to make decisions easier.

With such a small community we can clearly discuss most of the cases internly.

Anyway what you want rules for? I think you don't mean rules but rather 'reactions', 'solutions', 'punishments'

Because rules would be: No teamkilling, no cheating, no hacking, done

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:13:05 PM »
The rules of behavior in game you agreed to when installing Assist (and every time an update is done).

The rules for the forums can be found here:
http://aao25.com/forum/the-lounge/aao25-forum-rules/msg28200/#msg28200

I do think that it might be a good idea to have that same topic in more forum categories, so it would be easier to locate.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:20:28 PM »
We have a list of forum rules (which teddy posted) and we also have a set of rules for game bans and what not, they're just not public.

For the most part though, you are correct. We like to keep a more open set of rules because every situation is different. We create a topic for every possible offense and discuss what the punishment should be. This way we all agree on something. It's a little slower to respond to an isssue, but it works. Of course this doesn't happen for all offenses, like anyone caught trying to use a game hack (shadowbot, unrealbot, no-recoil hack, etc) just gets an automatic permanent ban, but we're pretty flexible when it comes to other misconduct.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 17:50:40 PM »
Hello,
and we also have a set of rules for game bans and what not, they're just not public.
Obvious question, why not?

Could they be made public?

Steve

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 17:58:20 PM »
Hello,Obvious question, why not?

Steve
It's nothing concrete, but we have a general consensus among us as to what punishment fits what "crime." It's always flexible, but I'll post a few.

TKing sprees. Usually starts with a 1 week ban and goes up from there. one week -> one month -> permanent ban.
Harassment is similar, however it all depends on the severity, but multiple offenses get harsher as they go. AutoHotKey is a one week temp ban.
Obviously we practice a zero tolerance policy on game hacks that always result in a permanent ban.

The forum policy is in the forum rules, so I don't feel the need to explain that, although the actual warning system is rarely used.

That's pretty much the entirety of it. Fairly simple and nothing that really needs to be publicly posted for everyone to see. I can't stress enough though that punishment always depends on the severity of the issue. Cases might fall under the same category, but have different punishments. Also keep in mind that these are always subject to change.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 18:02:37 PM by KiLLaMaN »

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 18:04:08 PM »
Hello,Obvious question, why not?

Steve
Ah, Killa got there first, but I'll post anyway (postcount++):

I don't know why Killa said they're not public. Like I said in my earlier post, the general guidelines sort of are, you agreed to them when installing/updating Assist.
It doesn't contain exact details, but that's, because, like he said, with such a small community we need to discuss each incident (or at least most of them) separately.

The details are really nothing that IMHO would be of too much help to the public (unless one wishes to gain an unfair advantage, in which case, screw him!)..

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 18:07:06 PM »

I don't know why Killa said they're not public. Like I said in my earlier post, the general guidelines sort of are, you agreed to them when installing/updating Assist.
The ToU just says what you can be punished for, not what the punishments actually are for each scenario.  W're talking about the punishments for each scenario, not whether the act itself is allowed or not.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 18:27:32 PM »
The ToU just says what you can be punished for, not what the punishments actually are for each scenario.  W're talking about the punishments for each scenario, not whether the act itself is allowed or not.
And that's what I tried to say, the only reason you'd want to know it is if you would like to ruin everyone else's game and were wondering what the punishment would be.

Offline nailum

• fuckum if they cant take a joke
    • View Profile
  • AA: nailum
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 20:30:01 PM »
This is the same thing that lead the usa down the rabbit hole. Grow up ppl!

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 20:38:18 PM »
This is the same thing that lead the usa down the rabbit hole. Grow up ppl!
I don't really get what you're saying. You're referring to something, but it's really hard to understand to what.

Are you saing the US is in bad shape because it's laws are 'hidden' from the public? 

I might just be the stupid one and not get the obvious (believe me, it happens a lot), but right now I'm clueless at this point.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 21, 2014, 04:00:06 AM »
Hello,

Who really reads T&C's . . . . . until they need too.

KiLLaMan and teddy_grizzly_bear, thanks for the info, so my take is basic commonsense.

Don't get too personal with the insults.
Try too use words with more than four letters when you are insulting people.
Don't be racist or religionist ( I have no idea what word to use there so I made that one up ).

@ nailum The USA does not hide it's laws, you can look them up online, way better than the UK. If that's what you meant.

Steve

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 12:33:06 PM »
You need a set of rules for everyones benefit that deals with every one. They need to be public so Everyone can see them. And if a situation comes up thats not coverd then everyone will see that and then you have to deal with that at admin level. Once thats done evreyone will know what happens in that situation. I gpt a one month ban because I tked after I knew the rules. Reason I tked three guys continully kicked me. Might be my past so what. So ppl abusing players in this way should be dealt with also. As for inconsistancy just look at the thread stated that I was banned for. Staff here were calling for life bans hence the inconsistancy in here. To many want blood and a few have a balanced head on top. If theres a set of rules you agmin that want me life banned cant bend the rules. Because some of you take it so personal. I dont..... I love you guys even though you hurt me. :) xxxx Davy.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 13:29:21 PM »
AAO has rules.

Game rules and forum rules. Basically everything has been said and answered to the first post.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:29:21 PM »
You should report them as well.

If someone in real life murders a person, you are not allowed to do a less bad crime as well against them. Both are doing a bad thing.

Intentional tk's will not be tolerated, especially not when it happens too much. With the small playerbase there is at this point somebody needs to stand up and stop people from doing this.

If others kick you out of a server repeatedly, give proof for that, tell others how they are, but don't go and tk them yourselves. Crimes won't solve crimes.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager