Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Community  (Read 25585 times)

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Community
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 00:01:16 AM »
Pit ur stuck on bs arguments for doing what u did.
You just hated all good players that killed you, after all these years of beeing a freekill you just had enough... so you had ur "payback"

For the rest... well im happy how everything backfired on you.

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 00:23:53 AM »
Pit ur stuck on bs arguments for doing what u did.
You just hated all good players that killed you, after all these years of beeing a freekill you just had enough... so you had ur "payback"

For the rest... well im happy how everything backfired on you.

How many times do I have to repeat?

I am not interested in discussion with you. The level of argument you present is simply pathetic.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 00:30:22 AM »
Nice to see pee-otter having a mature & reasonable discussion. Keep it up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 02:07:49 AM »
You just proven that you don't understand the issue that is discussed here.

It's like saying: you can't do anything about anyone who has power, you just have to agree with him kicking you ass, whether it's just or not.

Depends, unless this person is going against a law/rule/or assist tos :) , otherwise you can't do shit if ppl are fully on their right.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 02:56:31 AM »
Depends, unless this person is going against a law/rule/or assist tos :) , otherwise you can't do shit if ppl are fully on their right.

That's why there needs to be more severe rules in the TOS for server admins.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 03:52:00 AM »
That's why there needs to be more severe rules in the TOS for server admins.
Not exactly... but what kind of rules then?
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ganja

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 04:13:16 AM »
Not exactly... but what kind of rules then?

The kind of rule that says they need to provide VALID reason to ban someone permanently from their server. The rule that says: you pay you rule, but grow up and act like a normal admin

Offline Gusso

• View Profile
  • AA: Scrap
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 05:26:38 AM »
My server has never banned and I have asked those with admin powers not to do so willy nilly. That said, the server states exactly that which I taught my children .......... 1st time you step out of line you did not know. 2nd time you step out of line you knew but made a mistake. 3rd time and you get handed your arse on a plate!

The rule is simple and is applied as I want more players to join and those that are already on board to stay.

I will not give proof as to why I banned or even query my admins as to why they banned. There are over 100 servers and therefore if you have f/upped on one and are obviously not welcome, fill another.

I have never been banned, why? Simple, my father did not paddle my arse when I transgressed, he whipped me so that I knew never to go that route again. If, I ran crying to my mother she whipped me even worse in support of my father and for even daring to wail to her about it.

We are all big boys and if we cannot fit in? then FO!!!!!!!!

People are constantly crying, bitching and full of piss and vinegar. The shout box says it all.

Some of you should truly read the book on how to make friends and influence people as the failing rate in this department is miserable
Telling the truth in the time of universal deceit is a revolutionary act.  George Orwell

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 05:48:42 AM »
How many times do I have to repeat?

I am not interested in discussion with you. The level of argument you present is simply pathetic.

Mutual respect than. Cause I think ur also pathetic :-)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 06:11:21 AM »
Some of you should truly read the book on how to make friends and influence people as the failing rate in this department is miserable
Good book, I recommend it to many as well.

In the eyes of the law, not knowing (your version of 1st offence) does not excuse you from obeying it. Although, in the sense of a computer game your's is an OK rule at times (such as server rules broken and such), other times (like cheating), it should be looked at from a law perspective, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 06:32:54 AM »
Good book, I recommend it to many as well.

In the eyes of the law, not knowing (your version of 1st offence) does not excuse you from obeying it. Although, in the sense of a computer game your's is an OK rule at times (such as server rules broken and such), other times (like cheating), it should be looked at from a law perspective, though.
Not knowing also comes down to common sense.

Knowing a nade rule is not equal to common sense.
Knowing cheating is unfair is equal to common sense.

So the 2nd deserves less forgiving compared to the first.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #86 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 06:50:42 AM »
i see resignation everywhere, especially of the dev-side, which suites the stagnation and sinking playerbase.

unless u can provide more maps to be played on a regular basis, this project is dying.
with the rotation set people can expect, if they open assist, to play at least 10-12 of the most popular maps in army-history in a short timeframe. to play once in a week another map for an evening is nice, but wont change anything in the big picture.

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 06:52:36 AM »
Here we go, another "i'm pro, you suck" attitude. Let's see were that goes.

It's not about any pro thing, I have never considered myself as 'pro' you mean. Being realistic and honest sometimes hurts other people and gets interpreted as rude attitude, but hey, it's life.

Again, look up my previous statements. The number and significance of those i went after this way, far more outweighs the innocents that got hit by that.

It's your opinion, as we all can see you're outnumbered in it. Sorry.

As for you and tidi... Well... I strongly believe that someone beating up asses of such "pros" like you (exploiting sound to the max, ghosting, etc.) is very healthy for the overall game. It's a leveling thing.

It's sick attitude and it's rather impossible to have a conversation with you on this. You simply don't get it. I believe it's not only my opinion. Absolutely other thing is what you mean by exploiting. If you call it owning 40 euro soundcard, cheapest sennheisers and setting it up to my needs in Volume Panel then ok, I don't have more questions :D Maybe you're the one of those people who listen to 128kbps VBR on AC97 on some 'high end' speakers and say that quality is good and satisfies you, not my problem. 

Offline Bart!

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »
You can not expect from us to force players to play on the way we want. If they like their maps, so be it. But we can try to encourage them to play other maps as well.

For the rotation part, I actually like that idea. But forcing people to play other maps against their will is a no-go for me.

Calling it a resignation from our side is a bit too easy said imo. It's just the problem that we have to be careful with our decisions as well, I still remember a decision in the past with good intentions that almost shut down the whole project. And I don't want to lose anybody from the current playerbase either, since there are many players which still enjoy this game daily the way it is now.

Another question I would like to ask, why would the project die when the same maps are being played, and how would providing more maps to be played stop the game from dying? What is the relationship between these 2? Because I don't see it. I see most of the younger audience as people who do not like waiting a lot. What would cater them is respawns, fast rounds, run & gun, and I do not see that fit with this game either. How would more long distance maps save the game when most people do not have the patience to play that map in a decent way?

I would like to see some arguments with that instead of loose suggestions because the game will die otherwise.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #89 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »
You can not expect from us to force players to play on the way we want. If they like their maps, so be it. But we can try to encourage them to play other maps as well.

For the rotation part, I actually like that idea. But forcing people to play other maps against their will is a no-go for me.

Calling it a resignation from our side is a bit too easy said imo. It's just the problem that we have to be careful with our decisions as well, I still remember a decision in the past with good intentions that almost shut down the whole project. And I don't want to lose anybody from the current playerbase either, since there are many players which still enjoy this game daily the way it is now.

Another question I would like to ask, why would the project die when the same maps are being played, and how would providing more maps to be played stop the game from dying? What is the relationship between these 2? Because I don't see it. I see most of the younger audience as people who do not like waiting a lot. What would cater them is respawns, fast rounds, run & gun, and I do not see that fit with this game either. How would more long distance maps save the game when most people do not have the patience to play that map in a decent way?

I would like to see some arguments with that instead of loose suggestions because the game will die otherwise.

aapg has or had (dont know, played it in the beginning only) also a rotation principle, as other games also do. a lot of things get forced, the question is always what and how. does it help us or not? if u dont risk something, u gain nothing. if u only make preservation than innovation and invest something, ur project will prabably fail in the future.

if the same maps are being played, u have like a monoculture, which is really fragile. people get bored and stop playing. im sure lots of them would play other similar maps, but is there a possiblity to? if other maps are being put together, that have a similar playing style and also community, they will probably stay on the server and also play the next map.
lets take urban assault for example. if u are a regular urban-player, i think u would appreciate it, to also play some tunnel and mout. the playing style is similar and the community a few years ago was probably one.
a hospital-player would probably also play maps like csar, extraction, courtyard, village etc.
this would only be a slight forcing...

with more maps played on a regular basis monomap-players of other maps could be reattracted and kept staying. of course this is only a theory or assumption, practice has to show.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager