Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Community  (Read 25541 times)

Offline Southofheaven

Re: Community
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 06:14:49 AM »
this topic is about improve the game now the conversation is going to banned people and stuff... i think we can give ideas but we cant demand too much from aa25 assist admins... there is some conversation about improve some maps like  monkey island and rt i think is only killaman doing the map not a team of 50 programers.. the solution to improve aa2 is renovate some maps.. everyone should give theyr opinion about what should be had or removed from maps discuss it until changes could be made.. one map at a time...the idea that i have in this moment is that players are loosing the hability to wait on servers after beeing killed. nothing more than this..  :style: we should stop a bit whit the negative criticism and do a constructive one..  :up:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 06:25:03 AM »
Well there's a problem with editing original maps.

We don't want to change the original game content (if possible).

And even if we did do that (and there have been attempts), there will always be people who think it's wrong. It's a lose-lose situation.

But the custom maps can be changed as much as they need to be (as long as we have the original creator's blessing).

Ideas are always welcome, and a lot of us are constantly reading through all of them, but there is only so much that can be done and only so many people with limited amount of time to do it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 06:28:14 AM »
Well there's a problem with editing original maps.

We don't want to change the original game content (if possible).

the idea is of change but stay whit the 2 options available.... like radio tower orginal and radio tower 2...

I
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 06:29:45 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »
You're in the wrong topic right?

Online Bart!

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 09:29:32 AM »
No

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 11:52:50 AM »
the idea is of change but stay whit the 2 options available.... like radio tower orginal and radio tower 2...

This won't work because people will just whore the original version and ignore the modified version. Then they'll complain about the useless download size.

Did anybody else realize what happened when we disallowed SF being forceclassed on servers? They moved to Pipeline SF.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 16:12:20 PM »
yeah, sound logical.
but theory is always something special. just try it with 3-5 maps to see what happened.
what can we loose - putting some wasted time in it, but I wish we would try that.

Online Bart!

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 16:14:33 PM »
This won't work because people will just whore the original version and ignore the modified version. Then they'll complain about the useless download size.

Did anybody else realize what happened when we disallowed SF being forceclassed on servers? They moved to Pipeline SF.
at least it balanced the game a little bit since they wont have 2 203s anymore, so I still see it as a good thing.

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 18:39:12 PM »
What else is there to say? I don't care who you're hacking against, hacking in the first place is wrong, especially since your idea of "players that deserve it" is iffy at best

I never said hacking is "right". I never said it is some kind solution. I never said it should be allowed. I just explained the background and I simply oppose to your idea of claiming that I'm some kind of a monster that eats AAO babies.

A) How do you know they are cheating? You banned Bollie as well for example, while he is obviously not cheating

It's funny how you try to protect your "pro" friend. One day assist gets a much better AC than nowadays, and suddenly many of such respected "pros" will vanish. But it's nice to see that at least you can express yourself in an elegant way. But I'm not fooled by this. Not of all the hackers are a script kiddies.

Pit stop talking bs.
You started hacking cause everyone ingame was owning ur ass. That is mostly cause ur gameplay sucks... ur just a noob with no learningskills.
Its funny how you wanna talk ur hacking good hahahaha well you are still the same joke like always, nothing has changed in all these years.

So far this was a discussion at an acceptable level. So please spare me your mumbling.

On a serious note about my gaming: for many years I prefer to play "kamikaze" style. I simply love to get a pistol or scopeless AK, and just _rush_ to the underpass. 99% of the time I get killed within first 15 seconds of the round. But what counts is this 1% of cases, when I manage to run to the enemy base and kill many unexpecting oponents. It's the adrenaline that I get from movement, aiming and action.
Dying in the game doesn't annoy me a smallest bit. But glitchers and frag-hoes like you (the biggest single reason this game is dying) won't probably understand that approach to game.

Nope, we haven't done anything, and most likely won't. For one, we would need a lot of proof of abuse, something nobody has ever posted or given us. Second of all, I flat out disagree that a server owned leaving would be fine. What if it's a clan server and we have an entire clan leave the game? We don't need to lose any more players.

I'm glad you admitted you are doing _nothing_ about this serious problem.

If you bothered to pay attention to what's happening on shoutbox, you'd know that 95% of those things are people who get banned by the game/Assist for unauthorized logins or other such stuff. It just happens sometimes. Very seldom have I seen a genuine report of admin abuse on the shoutbox. People just don't know the game has bugs where it says you're banned, when in reality you were kicked and  can join back up in 5 minutes.

Either you are blind, or you just playing politics now. Server admins abuse is an obvious problem for years, and you don't have to read forum or shoutbox to recognize that. Just play the fucking game for a bit (without having the AAO25.com tag on you, ofc.).

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 22:14:26 PM »
Hackers like you destroy the game pit, don't point at me if its you to blaim. You were part of assist when u started ur bs ingame. Also funny that you banned me with no proof for a flashhack; remember? You had the power,  and you abused them to the max! So funny when you talk about admin abuse...
But hey i like the tactics ur trying to pull. Sadly we all know what happened with good old pit.

And about ur serious note, i do the same as you, only i know how to do it and kill without the use of any programs.
And you was for sure really frustrated all this time of that i and the rest who killed you, otherwise you didnt do what you did, so you can stop the mumbling about that.
Facts are there, ur just a bad loser.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 00:22:01 AM »
Server admin =/= Assist admin.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline zoxee

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 00:49:52 AM »
As Killa said earlier, this post annoys me, but just for one reason as i am concerned.
You guys always whine and dime about the same damn situation and either oppose
changes or rather do nothing about it  :censored:

THE WHINING

More maps should be played if we want to attract more players.

Continue playing the 3 maps and sit back, watch the game die.

From time to time there's a miraculous server that plays some original maps

MY ANALYSIS

The ability for everyone to put a server online (own or leased) killed the duck.
"Too much choice killed the choice" as they say in the business world.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

Redundancy over the total number of servers is not the problem.
The only way to make people play other maps would either be that assist
only displays online servers with the same map for a day, or a limited number of
servers with rotating maps, so everyone would be forced to play 7 different maps every week.

In the ideal AA there should be 10 servers, all official ones

having only official servers might work.

CONTRADICTIONS

Forcing people to do something is considered a dictatorship and in no uncertain terms will kill AA 2 faster than any thing else

I would love to see players forced

THE FACTS

Here's it's like, the more servers you have, the more power you have over the game.

THE MYTHS

As for server admin abuse, we definitely realize it, there's just not much we can do about it.
They bought the server, they can control who goes on it. It's always been that way for any game.
There's no other way around that. If we start punishing server owners, nobody will buy servers and players might leave.

What if it's a clan server and we have an entire clan leave the game?
We don't need to lose any more players.

having only official servers might work, if we had the resources for that.

THE RESIGNATION

I should have said 'utopic' AA in order for you to understand I know it's not gonna happen ;)

CONCLUSION

Although so many technical changes have been made by devs, the numbers don't lie.
The amount of active players is ridiculous compared to the number of total assist downloads.
When this game started, everyone was forced to play on official army servers.
Soon, better players got tired to get mixed up with noobs and early cheaters and started
clan / private servers, claiming the security playing there would be greater as they administered
their servers directly. As time passed, Army official servers emptied gradually.
More and more clan servers appeared, admins got technically better and gained popularity
inside the community because of the way they handled things. But soon many lost control
as we know and some soon appeared as dictators because of their banning policies.
After 14 years, things are different. Assist has the best AC ever and a very competent dev team,
so we can have today what we never had before : Official cheatproof Army servers with the best
admins around.

Brand new organization - Measures :

- Start over from scratch.
- Create a specified small number of Official Assist Servers (OAS)
matching the current number of active players.
- Only those OAS would be listed in Assist.
- Define a new set of policy rules for private server owners.
- All existing private server admins / owners should give them up and donate to assist instead.
In return, selected ones would become "Assist admins" and play with a brand new logo next to
their names. Means they would finance the new framework and get a leading position inside of
the Assist organistaion.
- Concerning purely private servers, the right for them to be listed in assist should be gradually granted
just as players need to do training before they are able to play, but based on other criterias :
If the number of players should eventually rise exponantially again one day, they would
play an adjusting
role and get listed in Assist for a limited amount of time for example.

Much more neccessary measures involved would need further discussions.
Therefore : Time has come for Assist to retake control of the whole fucking project
as if the army had just launched version 1.0 of the game
Doing nothing in fear of losing what is not there would be a great mistake and
all could be lost in the end. Think about it, but do it fast.

Just my 2 pennies.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 01:18:36 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 01:19:31 AM »
Either you are blind, or you just playing politics now. Server admins abuse is an obvious problem for years, and you don't have to read forum or shoutbox to recognize that. Just play the fucking game for a bit (without having the AAO25.com tag on you, ofc.).

Like I said on my next post, it does happen, but 95% of the shoutbox entries about such issues are false.

As for zoxee, nice job compiling all this, must have taken some effort!

I don't think people who would lose their servers would suddenly start donating that money to Assist. In an ideal world, this might happen, but in this one they'll probably just come here and bitch about it and be even more reluctant to donate anything (plus, a lot of the servers are home-run anyway).

If we did get the donations or had the resources, then as I've explained before, 10 servers is definitely too little, as in order to not lose players we would have to cover all the continents. 20 might work, but I'm a little skeptical to be honest.

And do you realize this would mean a lot more work for Assist admins? We'd be responsible for setting up and controlling all the servers (with a possible addition of a few community admins) and I really don't think we have the resources for that (manpower). We can't just go ahead and add new admins on a limb.

All in all your ideas are great, take control and force people to play different maps would work wonders theoretically, but the only way I would see this happening is gradually.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline zoxee

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 01:30:46 AM »
I really appreciate you liked my analysis teddy  ;)
I really put some effort in this because my 6th sense makes me worry about all of us since a few weeks.
Something drastically new must be done, fast, otherwise...  :shock:

PS : I agree, the progressive way appears to be the most appropriate one, under the condition
that we start fresh new with 10-20 listed OAS servers only and gradually list additional private servers
on a defined pace so the baby can grow healthy again  :)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 01:41:30 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 03:02:54 AM »
Well done zoxx.

Like Teddy said, if admins can't play their homemap, they won't really donate for a map they don't like (because they don't want to try, AA players are kinda stubborn).

PS : I agree, the progressive way appears to be the most appropriate one, under the condition
that we start fresh new with 10-20 listed OAS servers only and gradually list additional private servers
on a defined pace so the baby can grow healthy again  :)

By gradually, I was thinking about the contrary. Reduce the number of home-made servers/non-official servers bit by bit, and adding few more official servers. Maybe we can just limite the servers to one per clan, would be a good start and assist won't have some crazy 150 servers ...
Then seeing how things go we can decide to let some non-official servers live or not.
 It could be compared to baby system in China ... or not

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager