Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Brightness Contrast Gamma Video Settings  (Read 12321 times)

Offline -J-B-

Brightness Contrast Gamma Video Settings
« on: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 19:33:01 PM »
These no longer work. Since the last few updates, the brightness contrast and gamma settings appear to look like the default regardless of the settings. Attempts to change the setting in game, on the assist program and directly in the armyops.ini file have been to no avail. Repairing and doing a complete re install does not work either. The game appears to be way to dark to be playable on some maps such as pipeline.

There are no clear fixes for this issue many of us are experiencing.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Brightness Contrast Gamma Video Settings
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 20:10:28 PM »
try changing those on your GPU panel
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 21:13:51 PM »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 21:21:07 PM »
its annoying same as my mouse sens problem, i think update has a little mess in it

Offline -J-B-

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 22:25:44 PM »
try changing those on your GPU panel

Is that really a long term solution? I cannot change my video settings exclusively for the game.

Problem solved:
http://www.calibrize.com/

I tried Calibrize, but it doesn't fulfill the requirements, That program only helps calibrate your monitor's colors and brightness; you can't even specify different brightness levels for different full screen programs. It's essentially useless trying to use Calibrize for significant in game brightness improvements.

I'm guessing you aren't experiencing this problem Spanky. How about you go in game, put the video settings to default and see for yourself if Calibrize is the proper solution.

I'm under the impression that the only solution is to make the fixes to Assist that would allow many of us users to change the settings in game as we always have.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 23:36:21 PM »
I tried Calibrize, but it doesn't fulfill the requirements, That program only helps calibrate your monitor's colors and brightness; you can't even specify different brightness levels for different full screen programs. It's essentially useless trying to use Calibrize for significant in game brightness improvements.

I'm guessing you aren't experiencing this problem Spanky. How about you go in game, put the video settings to default and see for yourself if Calibrize is the proper solution.

That's the point. It calibrates your monitor. No need to mess with other settings. Once you calibrate, that's it. You're seeing stuff as you're supposed to.

I'm on Windows 8, I've been in-game and I always play at the default settings.

Offline -J-B-

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 00:19:09 AM »
That's the point. It calibrates your monitor. No need to mess with other settings. Once you calibrate, that's it. You're seeing stuff as you're supposed to.

I'm on Windows 8, I've been in-game and I always play at the default settings.

I'm glad you're able to keep playing unhindered by this inconvenience. Still, several users agree with me that the default setting is not enough. The game brightness is too dark, and we need to have the in-game settings restored.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 00:46:10 AM »
Jonny's already said that it won't be fixed. If your game is too dark then that's due to 1 of 2 things:

1. Your monitor isn't calibrated.
2. You think the devs got that map wrong.

Reason #2 is only valid if it's a mAAp map. The official maps have already been tested wide-scale on a variety of hardware for balance, bugs, layout and yes, lighting. If there was a problem, the devs would have fixed it.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 01:06:51 AM »
JB, can't you make a game profile on your GPU panel? so it chages the stuff only for teh game.
I'm on Win XP and I don't use AMD Catalyst(my card) so I don't even try :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline JackHair

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 04:22:30 AM »
I have this problem too. It's obviously a bug that needs to be addressed as it has ALWAYS worked in the past. Calibrating doesn't help and game profiles can't adjust brightness. I'll be waiting for a fix, if it doesn't get fixed I'll move on to another game.

JonnyM

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 04:50:27 AM »
As requested, in Assist v7.34 look in the settings tab in assist and click the tick box for 'Windows 8 Gamma' and adjust the 'Windows 8 Screen Gamma' slider as required.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 05:01:28 AM »
confirm button is there xD but I cant test it right now, no Server is updated yet xD

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 05:55:14 AM »
Lol u cant change these ingame amymore.....cmone guys u push ppl to for gpu tweaks? haha .u should override tje gpu changes which allow ppl see further not to emcourage them to go play with itby disabeling option which is same for everyone thus same playing chance for everyne but some gpus can be tweaked betrer than others so=imgame advantage

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 05:58:00 AM »
Lol u cant change these ingame amymore.....cmone guys u push ppl to for gpu tweaks? haha .u should override tje gpu changes which allow ppl see further not to emcourage them to go play with itby disabeling option which is same for everyone thus same playing chance for everyne but some gpus can be tweaked betrer than others so=imgame advantage
then don't use it, play vanilla AA.

Were trying to help for fuck sake.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 06:03:37 AM by Possessed »

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 05:58:38 AM »
you noticed that there is a button in the updated assist Client? no need for gpu driver tweaks...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager