Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Brightness Contrast Gamma Video Settings  (Read 12368 times)

Offline JackHair

• View Profile
Re: Brightness Contrast Gamma Video Settings
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 06:25:30 AM »
This stuff makes no sense. Just restore the original settings? It's been like it was for over 10 years why isn't that good enough now? I seriously don't get it. On win8 I can get my screen brighter, but on Linux still no go...

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 06:40:54 AM »
Then dont use Linux j/k  :D :D :D

JonnyM

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 06:51:21 AM »
ITS NOT US, Its changes in the operating system and drivers!!!
I have given you a tool, its the best i can do.

JonnyM

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
Operating systems are evolving all the time, Linux unity desktop and Windows 8 metro interface are not allowing us to take direct control of the display any more without triggering a UAC and running with admin privileges, I can't allow armyops to run on your pc with admin privileges for your own protection, we cant allow armyops crashing to take down your whole pc, its just not how the pc world works anymore. we all have to work within the user space. I have given you a gamma adjustment tool which executes separately from armyops but on win8 sp1 this also triggers a UAC so that will not work great for very long. So please stop blaming Assist.

Before you say I can still change gamma on my other games, are your other games 10 years old and using directX 8?

EDIT, Have removed admin flag on Gamma tool so should now run on all system without triggering UAC. It if still does delete the GC folder in 25Assist's home folder.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 08:05:53 AM by JonnyM »

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 07:13:03 AM »
Operating systems are evolving all the time, Linux unity desktop and Windows 8 metro interface are not allowing us to take direct control of the display any more without triggering a UAC and running with admin privileges, I can't allow armyops to run on your pc with admin privileges for your own protection, we cant allow armyops crashing to take down your whole pc, its just not how the pc world works anymore. we all have to work within the user space. I have given you a gamma adjustment tool which executes separately from armyops but on win8 sp1 this also triggers a UAC so that will not work great for very long. So please stop blaming Assist.

Good Answer johnny

Offline JackHair

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 08:27:15 AM »
Then why did it work 2 patches ago? I didn't update between these patches. And yes on Operation Flashpoint, which is older, I can adjust brightness etc. and it doesn't need admin privileges.
I don't mean to attack anyone, it's just that it worked, we get a patch, and then it doesn't work.

I made a lil vid of Operation Flashpoint without admin privileges and working brightness and gamma control. A 2001!! game ty.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 21, 2013, 13:46:53 PM by JackHair »

Offline -J-B-

« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 01:52:08 AM »
Before you say I can still change gamma on my other games, are your other games 10 years old and using directX 8?

JonnyM, your Windows 8 gamma option does not do the trick unfortunately. When launching the game with windows 8 gamma on max, my monitors flash to an intense brightness at the splash screeb and it quickly subsides as if there was no gamma increase whatsoever.

It appears that there may only be one option for the affected players: Dual boot into Windows 7.
The arguably necessary security changes JonnyM made has unintentionally and irreparably force a few of us to go out of our way to play.

Spanky. Please stop posting on the forum regarding this issue. You are not contributing any helpful information, and you are most certainly not calming us down.

JonnyM

« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 02:05:27 AM »
Try pressing f8 f7 in game and see if it works, try adjusting the gamma control app in your system tray.

Offline -J-B-

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 02:07:17 AM »
Try pressing f8 f7 in game and see if it works, try adjusting the gamma control app in your system tray.

I tried EVERYTHING Jonny

JonnyM

« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 02:10:39 AM »
What happens when you adjust gamma using the gamma control app.

Offline JackHair

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 06:50:11 AM »
The gamma control stuff is not working well. One time it works the other it doesn't. Anyway you got proof brightness control can function how it always has, also on Windows 8. I'll check now and then if it's fixed. Until then, if it will be restored even, I'll be on other games. 25assist went to Recycle Bin. I came back to play AA 2 after like 5 years, played two weeks and now this. Bye.

JonnyM

« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 07:40:10 AM »
Dude, Come on. We are trying our best. Go into the 25Assist home folder and delete the GC folder and then try again. This system works on all my win8 test rigs.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »
that much about "old school players".
lol, sorry lol

JonnyM

« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
Well anyway....
If you have the latest version of the GC you should be able to Increase gamma by holding down F7 and Decrease by holding down F8 while in game or while on the desktop.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 22, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
Bye.

I know you guys can feel raged, that something has changed your gameplay blablabla, but don't be a jerk and react like that

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager