Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Bold request (server)  (Read 1999 times)

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Bold request (server)
« on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 04:06:14 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm glad to see that the game is still somewhat alive.

With (nearly) everybody in lockdown, I've been trying to set up an SASF clan reunion party, scheduled this Saturday. I've been able to get hold of a temporary teamspeak server (I'm aware there are better services, but for nostalgia's sake), however, acquiring a gameserver has proven to be a bit more of a hassle. Especially because most server providers have dropped support, the ones remaining are rather expensive for what could be a one time thing.

That's why I was wondering if there's someone willing to let us 'lend' their server (preferred EU location, but beggars can't be choosers). I understand that this is quite a bold request, but a man(child) can always hope :)

Perhaps see you soon ingame, and as always, happy fragging!

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Bold request (server)
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »
Google Cloud and Amazon AWS offers VPS free for 12 months, you only need to add a valid credit card.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 09:56:48 AM »
Google Cloud and Amazon AWS offers VPS free for 12 months, you only need to add a valid credit card.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Is it as simple as installing the source code for the server and then configuring it, or is it more advanced than that?
Awesome, I'm familiar with configuring AA servers hosted at a provider, is it relatively

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 12:08:38 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Is it as simple as installing the source code for the server and then configuring it, or is it more advanced than that?
Awesome, I'm familiar with configuring AA servers hosted at a provider, is it relatively
You will have to setup the machine config, I recommend Windows, because it comes with remote desktop.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 01, 2020, 18:40:14 PM »
I will take care of you, check your PM's.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 02, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »
I will take care of you, check your PM's.

I've sent you a PM back :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager