Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army flashes  (Read 15341 times)

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

America's Army flashes
« on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
Hey guys i m just thinking about if you going to make some difference about flashes? I thinks its too sensitive, also when you throw it it could be closer to flash e strongly...cuz every time someone throws it and its quit far away we getting flashed...also can u make better to mac users?i get this that windows screeners wake up from being flashed faster than mac screeners. MAC screen takes longer to recover any fixes would be good because players keep talking about this and hope you take this into discussion

Thanks

Offline Dialects

Re: America's Army flashes
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »
Go get flashed in real life. You'll see what it's like to experience "sensitive" flashes. They'll take you a while longer to recover from, though. As far as AA concerns, indeed do the flashes seem to be rather lengthy --but they need to, otherwise they wouldn't prove effective within the AA2.5 game engine and physics, which dare I say, are rather slower than that of AA's later releases.

Additionally, there is absolutely no difference between a flash being thrown to a Mac-player or a PC-player. They'll experience the same vision breakdown, the same sense of lostness and will take exactly the same time until they can start seeing the light shine upon their eyes once again...Unless you're using a 40 year old monitor plugged onto your Mac/PC, there is simply no way to either prove or counter-argument that the code has been made remarkably identical for whichever software/hardware.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »
Go get flashed in real life. You'll see what it's like to experience "sensitive" flashes. They'll take you a while longer to recover from, though. As far as AA concerns, indeed do the flashes seem to be rather lengthy --but they need to, otherwise they wouldn't prove effective within the AA2.5 game engine and physics, which dare I say, are rather slower than that of AA's later releases.

Additionally, there is absolutely no difference between a flash being thrown to a Mac-player or a PC-player. They'll experience the same vision breakdown, the same sense of lostness and will take exactly the same time until they can start seeing the light shine upon their eyes once again...Unless you're using a 40 year old monitor plugged onto your Mac/PC, there is simply no way to either prove or counter-argument that the code has been made remarkably identical for whichever software/hardware.
I agree. However, I do believe that the flash in 2.5 needs to be fixed to where if you're not facing it, it doesn't blind you, or at least not as much as actually facing it. I think the length of the black screen is good.

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 12:09:34 PM »
Wtf? FLashes make your screen dark and make your ears ring? Is this new? I thought those where just dud nades

Offline Dialects

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 12:10:24 PM »
I feel rather inclined to judge upon said player's position awareness --as in, a player should be aware of his surroundings and be cautious as to avoid being flashed to begin with; unless he is put in a situation in which being flashed is a given. At this point, nothing that we'd change in the game would prove a different outcome.

I do, however, believe flashes would be more realistic if they turned your screen white as opposed to black. A fade from white is not only closer to reality as it affects visibility further. I'm sure that can be easily changed in the code. Up to the community consensus, though.

Wtf? FLashes make your screen dark and make your ears ring?
Oh, nevermind. It's just Jared being...Jared : )
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 12:11:57 PM by MIKAWE »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 13:29:05 PM »
The thing is, it would be great to tweak weapons to be more realistic (although, I think they're realistic to begin with, just dumbed down for a game) but the problem is, none of us have safe access to use these weapons. I don't know about you but I don't care to be flashed just to tweak the settings for a game that has already had real-world research done. To change anything other than effect time, effect radius and a few other minor details, it would take significant coding to re-build the flash nade.

TL;DR
Too much work for us who are inexperienced with the weapons real life and the code that controls them in-game.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 14:38:32 PM »
I agree. However, I do believe that the flash in 2.5 needs to be fixed to where if you're not facing it, it doesn't blind you, or at least not as much as actually facing it.

And the flash time is so ridiculous, annoy me!! Especially when i know i'm gonna get killed :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 15:16:35 PM »
And the flash time is so ridiculous, annoy me!! Especially when i know i'm gonna get killed :P

In the console:
bind q suicide

Press Q, problem solved.

Jonnym

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 15:19:01 PM »
No don't do that, you will get kicked by PB if you bind suicide. It robs the other player of getting the kill they earned.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 15:25:13 PM »
In the console:
bind q suicide

Press Q, problem solved.
and they you get called a douchebag by everyone who plays the game. :P not to mention most keybinds get you kicked now. Also, my push to talk button is Q. :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 15:33:41 PM »
I still do it, I just don't bind it :) I know it's cheap but I mostly do it on cheap times where they're just sitting with a flash sound camping. Cheap tactic for cheap tactic.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 16:43:29 PM »
Thanks for the answer guys, I really appreciated. I would agree with the white color screen than it's black, in real army i think it's white so it should be good if you could change that. Also as it said when u get flashed from behind would get you less blind than u actually looking in front of the flash, I know this will take a lot of coding, but hope you keep updating and develop the game, do your best to make us enjoy the game.

Thanks

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 16:44:52 PM »
No problem Virus. You don't know what's possible without asking :) It could be that down the road we become expert coders and can modify these aspects but right now, it's a bit out of reach.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 16:46:30 PM »
No problem with that, it's good that someone is really working with the aa2.5. Hope you recruit some more coders...more experts on these things.

Offline -[sVs]-Beamer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 08, 2012, 16:48:41 PM »
what language?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager