Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development  (Read 302459 times)

Offline KAEPS133

Re: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 12:57:06 PM »
Convoy - An entirly new Operation to be added to Army Ops very soon.

This is an early overview of the layout, the map is entirly work in progress and does lack any visual polish at this point.

I want to know your opinion on the layout and lanes early on. What do you think?

Hooah!

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 20:32:37 PM »
 :up:

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »
Very early work in progess ...

But I bet you know the place ;-)

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2020, 17:05:30 PM »
And another update for you ;-)

Offline Boulevard

« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, March 03, 2020, 23:04:56 PM »

Insu Camp :)

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 14:00:36 PM »

Now we're talking.

If you are able to pull off a well refined remaster of AA2, you can guarantee it will start to live. There's a reason why AA1-2 was the most popular and played game on earth.

Offline SwiZZ

• View Profile
  • AA: SwiZZ.
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 21:37:28 PM »

Hello Kaeps,

First, let me say that I am extremely thankful and thrilled you have decided to renew the best FPS game ever made!
My name is Ben, I used to play AA competitively at the highest level as 'SwiZZ' with the clan Innovation. We were invite league and runners-up at one of the last big CAL tournaments back in '08. Beyond that, I loved this game. I would dream about it, and I would live it every day of my teens. There are lots of little details about the early AA that made this game popular for both the casual player and the competitive scene, and I'd love to see this new game fly to those heights so that eventually it may rival games such as CS:GO. If you would like another set of eyes to take a look at the work you have done, I would be more than willing to help. PM or reply if I've piqued your interest.

Thank you for everything you are doing and hooah!

SwiZZ

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2020, 12:25:55 PM »
Army Ops Alpha starting 01. May!
Here are some details on how weapons work and what's currently working:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/army-ops/army-ops-alpha-test-announcement/2724846497735380/

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 00:11:32 AM »
Army Ops Alpha starting 01. May!
Here are some details on how weapons work and what's currently working:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/army-ops/army-ops-alpha-test-announcement/2724846497735380/
Spread
Defines the inaccuracy of a Weapon. Spread can be affected by aiming down sight, movement and pose (positive and negative impact) and Weapon Attachements

Does this mean Army Ops is going for AA3 gunplay instead of AA2 style, with no random spread?

Offline LegionQC

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 18:22:05 PM »
Hello anyway to contact army ops team ? got a lil over 30 players here dying to try it out !  U can contact us on this discord !  may 1st is around the corner !  big things   https://discord.gg/85pYgzk

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #115 on: Thursday, April 23, 2020, 07:07:51 AM »
Does this mean Army Ops is going for AA3 gunplay instead of AA2 style, with no random spread?

There will be random spread, but it can be controlled by factors like going ADS, adding attachements and so on. The gunplay will be "AA2 like" but definitly not a 100% copy.

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 01:09:43 AM »
There will be random spread, but it can be controlled by factors like going ADS, adding attachements and so on. The gunplay will be "AA2 like" but definitly not a 100% copy.
So yeah sounds like AA3 approach, I loved having no random spread in AA2 myself, just sway and recoil where the barrel points (affected by CEM). Set the game apart from others.

I just hope it wont go overboard with attachments, keep it real and focus on the base gameplay. If weapon damage is affected by attachments, it will always be selected by players as was noted in BFBC2, so it could be left out for starters.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #117 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 02:26:37 AM »
So yeah sounds like AA3 approach, I loved having no random spread in AA2 myself, just sway and recoil where the barrel points (affected by CEM). Set the game apart from others.

I just hope it wont go overboard with attachments, keep it real and focus on the base gameplay. If weapon damage is affected by attachments, it will always be selected by players as was noted in BFBC2, so it could be left out for starters.
AA2 actually did/does have random spread. It's quite small, but it's totally there.
Go offline and use wpnrecoil to remove recoil, start flying (that way you don't have sway when the sights are on) and you'll see what I mean. You'll see a grid like pattern.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Friday, April 24, 2020, 21:18:45 PM »
AA2 actually did/does have random spread. It's quite small, but it's totally there.
Go offline and use wpnrecoil to remove recoil, start flying (that way you don't have sway when the sights are on) and you'll see what I mean. You'll see a grid like pattern.
Yeah there might be small. My opinion is that the spread should be small enough so that you can accurately shoot while moving in CQB. I don't think "random spread attachments" should make this possible or not, it should be core gameplay.

Real life militaries will also teach you to fire by the barrel line in CQB, not aim down sights.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 24, 2020, 21:20:56 PM by Leopardi »

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #119 on: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 04:12:32 AM »
Yeah there might be small. My opinion is that the spread should be small enough so that you can accurately shoot while moving in CQB. I don't think "random spread attachments" should make this possible or not, it should be core gameplay.

Real life militaries will also teach you to fire by the barrel line in CQB, not aim down sights.

This is right but won't translate very well to the gameplay. I tested this in another Hardcore game where all projectiles followed the actuall barrel and animation. Noone was hitting anything and only SMGs with spray 'n Pray where used after a while. This worked well in AA2 because the animations are extremly stiff, ugly and outdated.

With more detailed and realistic animations, you won't hit anything. And you can't controll the animations like you can control your arm in real life. This system does not translate very fell with more detailed animations.

The spread is there but i's reasonable and helps the gameplay. Without every weapon would be a laser beam (on first shot). and getting a headshot from sniper distance with SMG is just not fun to play. AA2 was never a MilSim, it was a bit more realistic tactical FPS which always was designed to be more about fun then realism.

I understand that most of you want the game to be as close as possible to AA2, but some features won't translate to a modern engine/animations or basicly anything that well. And attachements mostly work more on the "realistic" way.

Sight attachements for example affect gunplay only when you aim down sight and will reduce sligtly the recoil and or the spread. Non of the attachements will be a massive gamechanger but added up with 2-3 attachements on a gun, you can push it more towards a gun fitting your playstile.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager