Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development  (Read 301832 times)

Offline KAEPS133

Re: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 12, 2018, 11:06:16 AM »
I had some time today and did work on Army Ops even if it wasn't planned to this month.
I was able to add a "simple" but powerfull and flexible Class Selection.

Demonstration:

There are currently 3 different classes available for each team:
- Assault
- Medic
- Scout

At the current time classes serve only the purpose to have different weapons and player models and no ther mechanics. Even if one class is called Medic, there is currently no Medic System implemented (but will come).

Everything is very early work in progress and nothing of the classes is final. It's just a early test filled with placeholder content.

What my goal is:
I want to bring back the medic system like in AA 2 with the class and loadout system of Proving Grounds.
I'm getting rid of the Squads as they didn't make a big difference in gameplay and choose the more flexible version of Proving Grounds.

Why? Because it's more flexible and allows to setup different gamemodes a lot easier.

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 28, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »
I used this weekend to add basic lean functionality as well as recoil and reload system.
Everything is very basic and especialy recoil is just set with some placeholder variables but it's working fine and is well playable online.

I also started working on the UI:

This is also very early on and far away from finished but we come closer to a real playable version.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 15:08:54 PM »
KEAPs 133 are you in the possision to make respawn on 2.5 and 2.8.5  P.v.P and Bots maps  to puth on and out in game!!

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 15:11:13 PM »
KEAPs 133 are you in the possision to make respawn on 2.5 and 2.8.5  P.v.P and Bots maps  to puth on and out in game!!

Can you please explain a bit more what you mean?

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 16:25:50 PM »
Can you please explain a bit more what you mean?
that players can restart till end time of game. with maps with normal players . but special on bots maps it would be nice with 3 till 5 players to startup respawn so player do not have to wait. but i and alot others in p.v.p. maps will be happy to play constant ad surtain time.   so far i know in modern games its normal. and i think it brings players back in aa army 2.5 and 2.8.5

Offline Zer0ev1L

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 20:15:29 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks for investing your time and energy into bringing this game back to life. I look forward to it.

Offline Kryspox

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 04, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »

There are currently 3 different classes available for each team:
- Assault
- Medic
- Scout

At the current time classes serve only the purpose to have different weapons and player models and no ther mechanics. Even if one class is called Medic, there is currently no Medic System implemented (but will come).

Everything is very early work in progress and nothing of the classes is final. It's just a early test filled with placeholder content.

What my goal is:
I want to bring back the medic system like in AA 2 with the class and loadout system of Proving Grounds.
I'm getting rid of the Squads as they didn't make a big difference in gameplay and choose the more flexible version of Proving Grounds.

Why? Because it's more flexible and allows to setup different gamemodes a lot easier.

Looks great  :up:

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #52 on: Monday, February 05, 2018, 15:41:00 PM »
that players can restart till end time of game. with maps with normal players . but special on bots maps it would be nice with 3 till 5 players to startup respawn so player do not have to wait. but i and alot others in p.v.p. maps will be happy to play constant ad surtain time.   so far i know in modern games its normal. and i think it brings players back in aa army 2.5 and 2.8.5

Sorry for the late rely quite some busy days currently.
There are currently no such plans for the next time. Once the core gamemode is done I'm able to extend on that and do something like this. But as I said I need to finish the core gamemode which takes a lot of time.

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »
Dedicated server is up an running!

This moment marks a very important point in Army Ops development. For the first time a dedicated server is up and running.

This is a major step toward the first test session.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 02:35:55 AM »
Great to see you making progress :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
Serveradmins did I miss something very important?

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 16:18:57 PM »
Mr. Kaeps,

we want to sponsor your project.
What are your contact details?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 16:20:33 PM »
Serveradmins did I miss something very important?

Round timing? Unless you want it to be specific and map-related, but that's gonna prevent people from using maps for tournaments and such (where there's typically a shorter round, say between 2 and 3 minutes).

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 16:32:23 PM »
Mr. Kaeps,

we want to sponsor your project.
What are your contact details?

[email protected] ;-)

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 16:38:40 PM »
Round timing? Unless you want it to be specific and map-related, but that's gonna prevent people from using maps for tournaments and such (where there's typically a shorter round, say between 2 and 3 minutes).

Yes you are right. I'm currently not sure how I will do this. My plan is to make one giant modular gamemode and allow server admins with a special tool to create own gamemodes by just creating a text file. So everyone could create its own tournament mode with new rools/gameplay.

In detail what I was thinking about a simple config file to serve as new game mode where the admin only needs to setup variables. If this works it should be possible to set up a gamemode which mixes Objective (like Pipeline) with VIP Gamemode within seconds. And in this same config round time, amount of round, team setups and so on would be located.

If my Idea does not work I'll add classic round variables.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager