Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development  (Read 301839 times)

Offline KAEPS133

Re: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 04:18:54 AM »
The reason is quit simple:

Impossible. I can' steal the work of others and re use it for my self and earn money with it. It's illegal.
And I don't want to have legal issues with the US Army.

I need to make changes otherwise this project would never come out.
And why make graphics and everything the same? Then you can also just continue Play AA2.
AA2 is a great game but there is a lot of room for improvements and I think it's about time for a new game on the roots of AA2.

Army Ops is very close to AA2 but even if I would I could not recreate AA2 100% accurate in Unreal Engine 4. Entirly different engines with different Physics, different technology. Even If I try the hardest to copy AA2 it would not be the same.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, March 22, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »
It looks nice, rather reminiscent of the AA3 Bridge map.

Offline shadi123

« Reply #77 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 09:19:51 AM »
I understand that you don't want to steel maps from aa2 but it will be great with the old graphic
u can read this thread
 https://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/guide-for-converting-game-assets-from-america%27s-army-2-8-5-to-america%27s-army-2-5/

and check if you can make like urban assult in old graphics
and thanks I  likes your work very much and I here just to help and enjoy the old game

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #78 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 09:28:36 AM »
This will never happen!

I know how to convert data but I'm not even looking at it. It's illegal and I'm not doing illegal stuff.

Development of Army Ops is very expensive and I want to sell this game so going for old graphics is probably not the best solution. Sorry to destroy you dreams but graphics will be a new style and more like AA3 while gameplay is more like AA2.

Offline shadi123

« Reply #79 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 09:31:29 AM »
so ur telling me that just the graphics is not like aa2 and everything else is more like aa2 like weapons sounds and everything else I just saw good old stuff from aa2 in the game in the facebook page

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #80 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
The core gameplay design is from AA 2 but enhanced with some new ideas from AA3 and AA4 as well as some own ideas.

But I won't use ANY asset from other games. No Sounds, no textures or models - nothing - never!
This is a new game. Imageine AA3 and 4 never existed and this would be the new AA3. It's a new game with it's roots on AA2.

And the posts on the Facbook page are old and from the prototype days where it was just to check if there are any problems. This version does no longer exist.

Offline shadi123

« Reply #81 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »
ooo so good luck iam not happy right now from ur last post sorry
have a good day rip aa2 forever  :cry: :cry:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #82 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 17:55:43 PM »
ooo so good luck iam not happy right now from ur last post sorry
have a good day rip aa2 forever  :cry: :cry:
I'm not sure what you're getting at exactly.

He is a man doing a job. His job is to make a game. In order for this scheme to work the game needs to make money. One has no legal right to use other people's work (including - but not limited to - graphics, sounds and map design) for their own monetary gain. There can be exceptions to this (e.g when the same people make a sequel or the rights are bought), but I'm fairly certain the US Army is not interested in selling (nor giving away) the stuff they've paid to be made.

What KAEPS is doing is developing a new game. He's getting inspiration (and not actual details) from AA2 (and other sources, of course). He might even have some maps that are similar to what we had in AA. But he cannot just copy a map and use it in his own game.

Think of it this way, if Picasso made a painting and signed it. It sold for a million dollars. Then you come along and copy the painting exactly, except you put your own signature under it. This would be called forgery and is obviously illegal. It's a similar situation here.

Furthermore, as has been discussed on this topic before, the game cannot be exactly like AA2 was because that's not what people expect from a modern game. Just because you and a few dozen other people might want to get AA2 in a new "skin" or something like that, doesn't mean it's actually commercially viable. Let's face it, the current AA2 community is the vast minority of (FPS) gamers out there and you don't get far selling a new game to such a small amount of people.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »
Bleeding & Hit Effects

Here is a short video showing some of the many changes:

Players can now bleed after being shot. The amount of bleeding depends on the projectile and hit zone (Arms, Legs, Upper Torso, Lower Torso). The Medic Class is now able to bandage wounded players (currently without animation and it's instant => work in progress).

The hit player will now receive an aim punch effect and as lower the health gets the vision gets more unclear. How do you like the effect? What should I change? (no bloody screen!)

Also new is the ability to switch to the pistol.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 12:53:16 PM »
Vert good effects smoke an all :)
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline lionbI4

« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 08:47:51 AM »
Very nice progress!
Everything looks very cool.
Maybe it is nice idea to move aimpoint some pixels to random direction after receiving a hit? So you can still response in close combat, but it will be hard to firefight on long distance. This makes you possible to suppress your enemies. Also implement small suppress effect when bullet hits/flies nearby.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
Very nice progress!
Everything looks very cool.
Maybe it is nice idea to move aimpoint some pixels to random direction after receiving a hit? So you can still response in close combat, but it will be hard to firefight on long distance. This makes you possible to suppress your enemies. Also implement small suppress effect when bullet hits/flies nearby.
That does happen right now in game, but the extent is extremely small last I tried. It should be a lot more noticeable. And some blood flashing on the screen or something like that would go a long way as well. Right now it was really hard to tell when you were actually hit other than checking the bleeding indication after an interaction with the enemy.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
That does happen right now in game, but the extent is extremely small last I tried. It should be a lot more noticeable. And some blood flashing on the screen or something like that would go a long way as well. Right now it was really hard to tell when you were actually hit other than checking the bleeding indication after an interaction with the enemy.

I believe it used to happen more than we see now. I remember shooting on single and he could not get his gun uo before being shot again. Just plugging away until dead was easy. It doesn't do it to the same extent I think.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 08:53:00 AM »
I believe it used to happen more than we see now. I remember shooting on single and he could not get his gun uo before being shot again. Just plugging away until dead was easy. It doesn't do it to the same extent I think.
I was talking about Army Ops not AA2.

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #89 on: Friday, June 08, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
Army Ops reached Alpha #04!

New in this test:
- improved server code and network optimizations
- doors
- new map Riverside (visible in the Screenshot)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager