Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development  (Read 301841 times)

Offline Nip!

Re: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 04, 2017, 04:44:55 AM »
I support your idea.

If you need any kind of promotion in the influencer scene of Esports let me know, as I am heavily involved in the professional scene in CS:GO ( Having my Major team ) aswell as in PUBG. I am connected to high tier youtubers so yeah, if this really gets that far and will be based off AA2, I can definitely help you out to have a huge reach on this.

Online teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 04, 2017, 06:22:57 AM »
I wish I had a 4K monitor ... :D

It looks cool :) If only there was more than 1 picture...

And where's the download link ? lol
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 12:08:06 PM »
I have an early christmas present for all of you ;-)

I was done with my other work a bit early and instead of going to vacations 2 days early I used the time to work on Army Ops. And I'm very happy to say:

It's working just fine!

Here is a very early flyby of Bridge:

Before you ask: This is pre-alpha and far away from a final map or game. I don't show gameplay on purpose because the screaming would be gigantic.

However here are two Screenshots of the first real playtest:

What is currently working?
- server hosting & joining
- syncronised player movement
   - stand and crouch pose
- basic HUD and Menu System
- killing other players
- winning a round by killing the other team or complete an objective
- basic weapon handling
   - aim down sight
   - fire
- match management
   - round timer
   - dedection of winning/loosing team
   - rewarding round points
   - rewarding kills/deaths
   - communication with mission objectives
   - respawn logic
   - team management and spectator mode

When can I play it?
Not yet! The above shown version is available on steam for some close friends to test and play with over Christmas. Before I open up the project to more testers there are a lot more things todo.

What needs to be done until the I can test it?
- functional game settings menu
- enhanced player movement
   - adding prone state
   - adding lean left/right
   - adding more animations
   - adding footstep sounds
- enhanced weapon handling
   - adding slight zoom while aim down sight
   - adding fire modes
   - adding reloading and ammo management
   - adding recoil
- match management
   - fixing issues of match state is some situations
   - adding whinning match after winnig x amount of rounds
   - server changing level after match ended
- adding different player model for Team B
- adding different weapon for Team B (AK 47)

As you can see there is still a lot to do but we are now in a playable state and development will continue in  2018.

And again: I know the Map shown is extremly hugly, the HUD poor and so on. This is just a funcinal game test. To make it look nice is one of the lasts steps in development ;-)

Make sure to like Army Ops on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Army-Ops-2020118398208197/

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:38:38 PM »
It seems interesting, considering the early phase of the project...are you planning to include hand gestures and/or whispered signals as in the original AA2? Is there a chance you might have a cooperative mode with a functional AI that moves and plays in a way that's competent and challenging?

Also, which sound system are you going to go for, the Unreal engine integrated one or a 3rd party one? (just asking because the army devs switched from the former to the WWISE engine for AAPG - which instead is based on a the UE 3.5 i believe -, and it has been quite messy since they switched to it).
« Last Edit: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:43:12 PM by Koden »

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 13:49:17 PM »
Don't know about gestures/signals right now. It's just to early and I need the base game working before thinking about additions like this.

Coop/AI is very possible at a later date. I have a very smart AI running for Beyond Enemy Lines. I would need to add multiplayer support for it but should be possible.

Currently I'm using the default Unreal Engine 4 sound system. It's easier to prototype with but will later switch to Steam Audio.(Like HRTF in CSGO: )

Offline kNy

• View Profile
  • AA: kNy.!
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 04:55:58 AM »
I like to see, that somebody working on game like old good AA2.

I built 2 months ago another prototype of gameplay like AA2. For now its just a demostration, with lot of assets from good old AA2.
WIP:

More coming on http://adamsmid.cz/galerie/detail/aa-project

Its build with UE4 (C++ Project) with a little help of EliZ
Features done:
  • Working Server/Client
  • FirstPerson and ThirdPerson
  • Stats and Auth for each player
  • Gameplay coded - needs to visualize
  • All Animations (first person and third preson) - but needs tweaks
  • Basic weapons - AK, M4, SVD
  • Map SF SnakePlain - not textured WIP 50%

I used different approach, i did Coop maps, and we are testing gameplay on SF Snakeplain.

I don't want to steal your topic, as i said I like to see that somebody wants recreate old good AA2 game on new Engine. I just want to address that I can help with ur project.

If you want u can contact me with my company email [email protected]

Have a good weekend!

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 05:05:01 AM »
Looks nice and thanks for the offer :)

I'm using a own custom UE4 with Plugins and the Project it self is Blueprint ownly as all core features are on engine level. I'm working on this Project with a publisher and the official project start is summer 2018 but I could not resist getting started.

I'll let you know when I could use some help :)

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, December 17, 2017, 10:59:31 AM »
Damn, Snakeplain. I miss that co-op map so badly  :(

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 23:22:14 PM »
i like your work.
If you need anything, let me know.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 20:10:59 PM »
aao285.net - you wil find the snake there :) but stay on this and you will be free :)

Offline svyatonmac

« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 01, 2018, 11:32:42 AM »
Sounds very good.
I would just request the feature that there is no crosshair - at all! Not even a dot! As if one always has a sniper in hand, because a crosshair is not realistic, a soldier can never keep aim in a certain area.
Additionally if possible make the aim, when not aiming through sight, to not necessarily be in the centre, there needs to be a dispersion area. This will prevent people shooting without aiming through sight, as in reality, shooting without aim is highly inaccurate - the way it's supposed to be ;)

Good luck!

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 01, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!

Here is whats going on:
Placeholder homepage is online and will be replaced with a real as soon as there is something to show: http://army-operations.com/

January 2018 is fully blocked with other projects and there is no active development.
From February I'll use each Friday and if motivation is available some hours from saturday to work on Army Ops. Summer is the official start of the development and until then development needs to be reduced to 1 day a week.

Beyond Enemy Lines 2 will be developed first with higher priority and is to be considered to be the Army Ops singleplayer. Both projects share the same project source so all sounds, models and assets from Beyond Enemy Lines 2 are also instantly ready for Army Ops.

I expect to have something "playable" fpr pre-Alpha Tests somewhere between February and April.

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 01, 2018, 11:40:40 AM »
Sounds very good.
I would just request the feature that there is no crosshair - at all! Not even a dot! As if one always has a sniper in hand, because a crosshair is not realistic, a soldier can never keep aim in a certain area.
Additionally if possible make the aim, when not aiming through sight, to not necessarily be in the centre, there needs to be a dispersion area. This will prevent people shooting without aiming through sight, as in reality, shooting without aim is highly inaccurate - the way it's supposed to be ;)

Good luck!

It already works exactly like you described it. The Weapon Mechanics are the same from Beyond Enemy Lines 2 (Army Ops Singleplayer).

There is no crosshair the gun works the same as in real life. the projectile follows the direction of the barrel -> each move and animation change where a 100% accurate projectile would go.

Offline svyatonmac

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 09:05:18 AM »
Are you accepting donations anywhere? Feeling generous this year  :style:

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »
Are you accepting donations anywhere? Feeling generous this year  :style:

Yes I'll probably try Patreon and maybe additional with Paypal on the website. But give me some time to set up everything with some material. :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager