Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development  (Read 302228 times)

Offline LegionQC

Re: America's Army 2 Remake - Army Ops in development
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 15:25:09 PM »
well if your using unreal engine 4 and are looking forward to put your game on STEAM be sure to be HIT by a lot of BAD REVIEWS for asset flipping ! STEAM is overloaded with asset flips in the last year ... good luck .. the steam community will debunk your game into peaces if your using unreal engine packs be sure no one will play your game IMHO it will get bashed real hard like all the other games in the kind !  BTW your game looks a lot like BURST THE GAME !!! an horrible asset flipped that flopped on steam last month .. Also I don't see ANY unreal engine 4 games  being in the top sellers or even be on top 100 games on twitch at the moment they are all flopped games IMHO unreal engine 4 sucks real bad for games especially FPS games no wonder all the big game companys don't even use this engine ! IMHO of course !!!!

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 15:39:23 PM »
well if your using unreal engine 4 and are looking forward to put your game on STEAM be sure to be HIT by a lot of BAD REVIEWS for asset flipping ! STEAM is overloaded with asset flips in the last year ... good luck .. the steam community will debunk your game into peaces if your using unreal engine packs be sure no one will play your game IMHO it will get bashed real hard like all the other games in the kind !  BTW your game looks a lot like BURST THE GAME !!! an horrible asset flipped that flopped on steam last month .. Also I don't see ANY unreal engine 4 games  being in the top sellers or even be on top 100 games on twitch at the moment they are all flopped games IMHO unreal engine 4 sucks real bad for games especially FPS games no wonder all the big game companys don't even use this engine ! IMHO of course !!!!

I don't know why you are so mad but your words show that you don't understand to much of game development.

1) Just by using Unreal Engine 4 I won't get hate, UE4 is one of the most advanced and beloved Engines out there.
2) I already released on Steam with no hate, no bad reviews or anything. I released with huge success ;-)
3) Where do you get any refference to "BURST THE GAME", my last game Beyond Enemy Lines does not look anything like an asset flip if you look at it longer then a second, Army Ops is in Prototypeing state, these are the first weeks of development!
4) So I guess Players Unknown Battleground does not count? No? And the funny part is, the PUBG uses a lot of bought assets from the Unreal Store -> ASSET FLIPP!
5) Unreal Engine 4 is a perfect Engine for all sorts of games, especially for FPS games. -> Squad

Next time you try to hate something for no reason, have at least some usefull facts.

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 15:44:14 PM »
PU:BG, the best contemporary FPS out there, is built over UE4.

edit: Also, you cant compare to the triple A titles for most of them use internal engines, which Id rather use to develop myself. Thats the battle between time and money.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 02, 2017, 15:51:28 PM by WraShadow »

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline LegionQC

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 18:58:54 PM »
u said your game beyond enemie lines was a huge success ??? http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=Beyond+Enemy+Lines+       your game is more dead then AA2 lol.....    17 reviews HUGE RELEASE WOWWWW 20$ for a dead game no thanks ... I wasent hating was saying IMHO but you wanted facts lets look at the steam charts .... numbers don't lie

Offline LegionQC

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 19:02:00 PM »
ohh and u have one steam curator leave you a review and its really bad ....

Offline LegionQC

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 19:04:20 PM »
and if your copying the basics of AA2 using unreal engine 4 well your stuff is already smelling like an asset flip !   PUBG is using unreal and bought stuff true but they dint copie another game the way its going aa2 already outlived your first BIG SUCCES

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 02, 2017, 19:41:33 PM »
That game launch was definitely not a success but that's beside the point. It could've been the best game ever and I still wouldn't care. The matter at hands focus on the creation of a game based off AA2.

In the matter of the rip-off scene, it can be compared to PU:BG vs Fortnite (https://kotaku.com/battlegrounds-developer-attacks-fortnite-for-replicatin-1818654436). The US Army doesn't own the style of play. Can you imagine the government suing EA for having an army-based game?  I should know this by heart but I dont, not for games anyway: How long can a company claim rights for ripoff?

Ethics really isnt the issue, the army let go of the development and support therefore they should allow other people to take from where they left off. This has happened to a lot of games. In fact, if done correctly, they might even recognize the efforts and jump to help or fund again. I don't know if USA's known to do that but some european governments and high authorities have jumped into similar situations (to help and collect fees eventually). With WW3 fast-approaching, this might pickup again.

I will repeat myself: if done right, it doesnt even matter. If its done right, the game mutates. If done right the game isnt the same because if it became the same, why pick up the project or why would the players go there? People are afraid of change.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 00:55:51 AM »
Secondly, will - lets say - 99% the objects still be unbreakable even when using RPG or other bombing? Or when shooting a lot at a door, etc? If so, can we at least have some resistance on the freaking doors? As it stands, every bullets pierces it, even if a slightly skewed angle. That's not realistic and, from a gaming perspective, its annoying and promotes camping and laming practices.
It really depends on the material the door is made of, but most doors will be penetrated by bullets.
An example:

Legion, for someone who's "not hating" you sure are putting a lot of effort into shaming his work while you know little to nothing about it (hell, from what I understand, there's not much to know as of yet, anyway).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline raw

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 01:06:58 AM »
Thumbs up for this project! Will stick around to see how it will look. End of this year you said @KAEPS133 ?
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »
It really depends on the material the door is made of, but most doors will be penetrated by bullets.
An example:
I'm not saying the bullets should recoil or hit and drop like cartoon. The doors there, and for what we could assume in a establishment like that, are much thicker and denser. ofc it is a matter of opinion/perspective but I feel strongly about this. Well, if you change the material of the doors you make me happy and buddy Legion would stop talking about asset-flip so much. win-win :D

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 06:58:30 AM »
I'm not saying the bullets should recoil or hit and drop like cartoon. The doors there, and for what we could assume in a establishment like that, are much thicker and denser. ofc it is a matter of opinion/perspective but I feel strongly about this. Well, if you change the material of the doors you make me happy and buddy Legion would stop talking about asset-flip so much. win-win :D
There are different looking doors in AA. Hard to tell what "material" they're supposed to represent exactly, but from memory I remember ones that are definitely wood (Urban Assault) and some that are some kind of metal (Pipeline, but this doesn't guarantee they'll be bullet proof, car doors are a famous for being "bulletproof" in Hollywood - that's an obvious myth). It really depends on the map design what kind of doors you should have. But I'm still fairly certain a bullet will pass through most doors you see daily.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 13:46:29 PM »
I'll have to find some of those doors and "hit the dirt" to see the results for myself I guess. ofc I dont expect the doors I'm thinking of to do much against SS caliber riffle I own but I'm almost sure it can withstand/resist some of the weapons in the game. I'll have to ask some friends to test with their riffles. Anyway, that doesnt have to be the first thing to be implemented and its a question of adding 2 variables and 1 formula on top of the game/event loop.

Offline hitman

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 07:16:17 AM »
I don't really get the point of remaking what's already made, exept for making it better.. but can that be done by one developer?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 14:29:31 PM »
Very interesting. If you're serious and say "pretty please" you might get ELiZ's permission to use the maps he converted from UE2 to UE4 for AAPG. Import the assets, re-organize how you want and modify how you want. That would be the easiest way to get maps and gameplay up quickly.

Here's the honest problem though, it's one that's been around since AA2 came out. The AA community HATES change. Even minor changes to maps that they love will make the players riot in the streets. There is no possible way for you to get the gameplay, feel, pace, sound exactly the same as AA2, nor would you want to. On this merit alone, I doubt anyone here would play it. It's the sad truth. Having been part of the custom map scene on AA for close to a decade now, I find it very difficult to get people off of SF Hospital long enough to play a few good rounds on a great custom map. Something like 70% of the official maps don't get played even. The hardcore AA players have a particular mindset that makes them play 2-4 maps in a particular way. They have their favorite weapons, glitches, camp spots and tactics and often don't branch out from that behavior. Even in the official AA versions themselves, you saw lots of people hanging on to old versions because they didn't like the slight changes in maps and gameplay brought in the newer releases.

I really hate to dissuade you, but rather caution you as to going after this community with a "new and improved America's Army" because you're not going to convince AA players to jump to your game. Approach it as if you were creating a new game with your favorite memories from AA but still something new. Also, don't take the hate from the AA community to heart. There's a lot of assholes and they feel like their opinion matters.

On a personal note, it would be fun to help but I failed horribly with UE4 and don't have the time or computer to do anything worthwhile.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline KAEPS133

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 02, 2017, 07:58:17 AM »
Short Update:

Project plans are set and clear and the AA 2 Remake will become part of my Beyond Enemy Lines brand. Combining Beyond Enemy Lines, AA 2 and some other games to an unique game while AA2 will have a very heavy impact in development. Preproduction will start February/March for the Multiplayer part.

Singleplayer will be release seperatly before the Multyplayer as Beyond Enemy Lines 2.

Here is a first and pre-Alpha Screenshot of Beyond Enemy Lines 2 Singleplayer:

This is full ingame material and early work in progress. Multiplayer will be based on the same technology. More details will follow early next year.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager