Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: America's Army 2.5 and 2.8.5  (Read 4782 times)

Offline BUG

America's Army 2.5 and 2.8.5
« on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 05:50:14 AM »
First I want to say thank you very much for the work that you have made and effort that you
put a good game to keep alive.
Many of us older players still playing version 2.8.5 and now we have again started to to play 2.5.
We have several 2.8.5 servers and a big archive with over 200 custom COOP maps. 

For more information visit the bugs gang site: http://www.bugsgang.com/

There you get a information about the servers and maps
Once again many thanks for your work and sorry on my bad English
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 21, 2013, 15:03:43 PM by BUG »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: America's Army 2.5 and 2.8.5
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 13:06:53 PM »
all 2.8.5 maps can be converted to 2.5, the ai part of coop wont, but u can adjust maps for multiplayer play if they pass the very strict "spankys criteria for letting shit into AA"

thats if people are willing to put in the time, but new maps to help get people off pipeline and bridge is great.

Thats if your offering those maps for us to force into kodens work load.

All of the maps i can see i the download section are huge Coop maps, you can actually get them converted for 2.5 (use Eliz's converter) but the point actually is if you want your map just to be one among the thousand custom maps available, or if you want to make it an enjoyable realistic AA experience in all of its parts, which also means thinking and creating it to be a mission, which is the core point. Try to ask yourself some very basic questions: would the army plan a mission in this area? Is the area fitting for the amount of players slots i am planning? Is there a map layout or a rational way of moving that allows to create a fighting chance without having the players to run around the map looking for each other? Which kind of gameplay (being it a Vip mission, object turnovers, conquest, etc) do you want to build the map for?

Truth is that calling it a map is really misleading, when what it is really meant to be in all of its parts is a mission, which means that it has a scope, or it should have one.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 20, 2012, 13:09:37 PM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager