Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO25 Installation Problems  (Read 1514 times)

Offline jasonecs7

• View Profile
  • AA: Death
AAO25 Installation Problems
« on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »
 I've been trying to download the AA25 Assist for weeks now. I used to play AA2.5 - 2.8.5, and recently began playing AA3. I joined a clan on AA3, and they also play AA25. I didn't know what it was, but the told me, and I really miss playing. My problem is I've started running the client, and the 2.5 Assist installer runs trying to download 7.zip or whatever. Relatively small, the .49 MB file doesn't download. I get to about .22MB and then it lags out to a download speed of 1KB/S. Then it restarts. Then it says "Failed to download vital components, check internet connection and try again." I have gotten nowhere. I've allowed it on my firewall, I've turned my firewall off. I've done everything I can think of. I'm probably missing something basic, and I will feel like an idiot, but my question is what can I do to make AA25 Assist work?
This is the farthest the download has ever reached.

Offline caedes

Re: AAO25 Installation Problems
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »
try to download winrar or 7zip manually and install it. they are both unpacking software which is needed to unpack the files downloaded by assist. after the install of one of them you should try to install aao again.

Offline jasonecs7

• View Profile
  • AA: Death
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
I've downloaded both of them manually, and re-downloaded aao. The problem persists.

Offline caedes

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
did you install at least one of them?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Can you show a SS of there you placed 25Assist.exe?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 13:49:58 PM »
I was getting this problem before, idk the reason, must be the download mirror or something else
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 18:16:43 PM »
I was getting this problem before, idk the reason, must be the download mirror or something else

yes same to me at the thime the release .14 came out. stopped and went very very slow.
guess it is realy the mirror.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager