Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO2.5 - Competition  (Read 11423 times)

Offline KARI-30

AAO2.5 - Competition
« on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:13:14 PM »
Can this thread be moved somewhere where only Admins of Assist and KARI-30 and [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo- have read / write permission ?

Hello Admins,
as some of you for sure know me and HT-Kello are organising a new competition website. We plan on having cups regularly and a all year ladder running. Like one week fast cups with only one map and cups with maps choose. We are hoping our website would be the official competition provider for AAO 2.5 Assist. The design of the website is still being updated and should be ready in the next few days, but the features (ladders, cup modules) are to this point fully functional. We are using the Webspell 4 system. We try to run the competitions as fair as possible. This project started to spark a new wave of competition players to return to AAO or new players to enjoy the fun with competitions. Any of you admins are more than welcome to help us or superwise us so it is clear that we run it in the best way possible. We have already talked a bit with Sergio but I think this is a better way to let other admins know what is going on and to hear their opinion.

Website link:
http://aao25assist-fun-cup.com/

(It is still possible to change the domain name)

Questions from our side:

1) Could our competition website be the official competition provider for Assist ?

2) Is it possible to have a button up on the assist site somewhere in between "Home", "Info", "Media", "Forum" Which would say just "Competition" and would link to our site? We have it the same way on our site linking to assist.

3) Could KARI-30 receive moderator permission so I could write news about the Competition community on the Homepage of assist?

4) Question to Johnny (i think). Could it be possible to write a little script that would check regularly who is in the ladder on the 1st place and the players of the team would automaticly get a new army icon that would say something like "Ladder 1st Place". Writing a script would make it check the 1st place automaticly and no of the admins had to worry about it further. Players who would see other wearing that icon could be motivated to also participate in the competition scene.

Please post your comments, sugestions and question. Thank you very much.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: AAO2.5 - Competition
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:23:43 PM »
I hate to complain about the efforts put forth here but this is yet another website for users to register on, another website to split discussion about AA. It just keeps decentralizing AA which is a horrible thing for a community this small. It would have been so easy to create a subforum on this site and upload any code you guys had.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline God

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:26:16 PM »
damn :))) why only 2 guys from ht has to all the things ? :)) we have done this before and we was like 9 persons trying to do it and didnt  work like we expected....and you think that you and kello will do it all by yourself ? i doubt it ........but good luck !

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:27:02 PM »
We were not sure if it possible to create competition modules here since this is just a forum. As I said we use Webspell 4. Maybe it can be implemented here, i dont know.

Or maybe is it possible to copy the sql of this site to our site so players use the same login like they do on this forum. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:29:53 PM by KARI-30 »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:28:17 PM »
Anything is possible Kari. Me & Jared made this site's home page from scratch. Webspell is fun and has a lot of stuff built-in so doing it here might have been more work but again, it keeps things together.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic that you guys built a site and I wish you luck :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:31:02 PM »
Not sure if you want comments or not here. My question here is: what do you mean with "fair".
Anyway nice initiative, and good luck with it

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:31:46 PM »
Too bad NoG.Bytekilla has all the webspell stuff ready on our site. Could we like copy paste it here? I have no idea how to do that, I am not a programmer, so maybe I am asking dumb questions.

JonnyM

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:07:27 PM »
Yes I think that could be worked into the auth system.

Edit: Yes i can add a competition button (in the assist client somewhere)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:09:48 PM by JonnyM »

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:12:38 PM »
Competition button on forum and assist client would be great. Cool.

I dont think it would be a problem that the competition would on an other site, not directly here on this forum. I dont think it would split the community up.

JonnyM

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:15:32 PM »
Let me know which icon you want and have a simple .csv text file produced somewhere on you site i can poll for list of players to bestow the icon upon.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:28:07 PM »
Ok, I will talk to Bytekilla, I hope he can prepare the script to create the .csv file.

JonnyM

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:34:01 PM »
It will need to be a list of battletracker ids not player names.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:40:17 PM »
Correct. 6 numbers.

Offline marten77

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 18:23:24 PM »
There wont be any good competition until we have 200-300 players active

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 18:24:50 PM »
Lets's hope it will attract new players, it's a cycle: competition => more players => more competition.

I'll repeat my question to you Kari, what do you mean with FAIR

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager