Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO2.5 - Competition  (Read 11451 times)

Offline KARI-30

Re: AAO2.5 - Competition
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 19:04:30 PM »
Guys this post is only for admins please. If you have any questions you can PM me.

To Ganja, fair imo means all teams should have the same opportunity and chance to win the cup. Or however you want to call it. All teams should be treated the same. Either you pick a map from a large mappool or you play a fixed map in a week cup. I dont know what else to write you about fair.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
oh ganja!
fair means just the same conditions for everyone - doesn't matter what kind of, just the same for all (but you did know that I guess, right?).

Offline Ganja

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 08:05:12 AM »
Yes I know that. But I can't stop believing it's not really fair because I don't have as much chance to win as someone who's playing competitive since years, but that's the purpose of the game I guess, getting better ...

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 10:58:21 AM »
I feel there should be ongoing ranked ladders.

As well as monthly, quarterly or yearly "cups" / tournaments. Invite, and open.

To get into the invite you need to be in the top 10 clans ranked or something - need guidelines.

NA and euro need to be divided as well. Unless you play 1 match on na server, one euro and average out the scores or something. tie breaker or something maybe, I cant think of a fair, logical and time sensitive way for NA and euro to play fairly without having a sever in the middle of the ocean.

For ganjas fairness. The top ranked teams will generally be playing higher ranked teams so it should / would be more or less fair if the point system is good. The higher ranked the team, the more points you should earn.

TWL had a decent system, same with IGL when I used to play Unreal Tournament 99 competitively.

Or if you play checkers or chess on pogo dot com they have a neat ranking system. Unsure of the formulas tho, nor how to program an automated system.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 08, 2013, 11:00:27 AM by Dav3 »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 09, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Come on ladies and gentlemen, don't be shy and sign up on the tournament forum, get a team and have fun together, no matter if you're good or not. I hope all the active clans will get one or two teams in the tournament. Clans like HT, IGC, SASF, NoG, Mortiferus, Five, PE, cmon guys where are you all.

Kari, perhaps you should avdertise it on your servers (don't know if you already do)

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 09, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »
ganja post iets op igcclan.net

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager