Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAO-Daily tournament  (Read 9097 times)

Offline marten77

• View Profile
AAO-Daily tournament
« on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 06:33:40 AM »
Hey

Me and hunii are thinking of making AAO-Daily tournament with prizes maybe even money prizes.So I have a question would people participate if there would be an entrance fee?Huni is building a tournament system and brackets.Also if we get lucky we might get some sponsors for prizes etc.And if there are some people who would like to help let us know because we are trying to set up a big tournament with a lot of clans to get competitive play back on track :P

http://aao-daily.eu
« Last Edit: Monday, May 07, 2012, 14:38:55 PM by marten77 »

Offline GoD-ICA-

Re: AAO-Daily tournament
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 06:41:36 AM »
More than interested to help, in fact..

I have a sh!t-hot dedicated server running a 512 Player TS3 Server, as well as a 2.5 Assist Server.. I'm sure it can handle that + way more no problem.. Would like to give the server a good stress test, so I am offering to you our Server for this tournament.

Let me know if you are interested;

.NET
<< lol @ Spell Check Button

Offline marten77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »
More than interested to help, in fact..

I have a sh!t-hot dedicated server running a 512 Player TS3 Server, as well as a 2.5 Assist Server.. I'm sure it can handle that + way more no problem.. Would like to give the server a good stress test, so I am offering to you our Server for this tournament.

Let me know if you are interested;

.NET

Is it EU?

Offline -Dave-

• View Profile
  • AA: jMz;-
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 08:42:38 AM »
yo marten plz add me in msn or facebook:-

[email protected]

http://www.facebook.com/YanevAmr10

Offline waNted

« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »
Nice  :D
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Offline butters

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 14:47:27 PM »
NET I think that would be great thing , but I hope the server is located in EU since the league we're going to create is more focused on EU players .
Or maybe , to get more teams ,  we can make it EU and USA players sign up together , but the pings would be a problem then... idk ...
I'm also implementing an old , but never hacked anticheat program for this league

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #6 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 14:55:23 PM »
I'm also implementing an old , but never hacked anticheat program for this league

Why isn't the existing anti-cheat good enough? How would yours be better? The only way to make anti-cheat better is to improve Assist. Not add on another bloaty mod.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #7 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 15:33:06 PM »
Is it EU?

Unfortunately, it is not..

Yet you guys are more than welcome to still use the Voice Server..
(as ping has no matter for chatter ;) )

NET I think that would be great thing , but I hope the server is located in EU since the league we're going to create is more focused on EU players .
Or maybe , to get more teams ,  we can make it EU and USA players sign up together , but the pings would be a problem then... idk ...

Agreed; There has always seemed to be more EU Players than US..

Perhaps a US League gets going to? that's where my server would come into play :P

Ping is always a big issue when it comes to FPS, especially AA.. wouldn't be a good idea to host such event, unless all players average pings were close to each other..

The offer will remain on the table, just let me know your decision.. :)

EDIT:

I come from an International Clan, we have many members, from many parts of the world.. When we had a 2.8.5 Server in San Jose, we never seemed to have a problem with Ping.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 07, 2012, 15:48:26 PM by .NET »
<< lol @ Spell Check Button

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 16:34:39 PM »
finally some people. nice to see daily back.
Miss the old times there

Offline butters

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 21:23:18 PM »
Why isn't the existing anti-cheat good enough? How would yours be better? The only way to make anti-cheat better is to improve Assist. Not add on another bloaty mod.
No , the current anti-cheat isn't good at all. I've already seen some old known hackers hack at this version , it didn't seem to stop them.
I'm not going to reveal any more info about anticheat , i'd like to keep it a secret , then when the time comes , it'll be a big surprise and many hackers will be exposed.
@ NET
Yeah I agree , voice server would be fine , but gameserver i doubt it... I mean atleast for me i strive for best ping and I believe others do too.. But i'll talk to you about it when I get the tournament system implemented into the site!
How about that idea to mix both USA and EU teams? Anyone agrees? Opinions ?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 21:44:52 PM »
Cool, divide up the community even further. A second ladder and a private 3rd party anti-cheat system that isn't on all servers.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 21:49:03 PM »
I'm not going to reveal any more info about anticheat , i'd like to keep it a secret

....why?

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 21:55:33 PM »
I don't know about you guys but i am always suspicious when someone try to implement a "new anti-cheat" system, however i do think there is at least one player playing in a very "wierd" way...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 22:00:12 PM »
I'm sure there's a couple hackers out there but I'm also sure that the percentage of them compared to legitimate players is considerably less than it was prior to Assist being mandatory. Assist has a bunch of stuff for anti-cheat that wasn't possible before. How is your "old" anti-cheat system any better?

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 07, 2012, 22:01:47 PM »
Every time I've seen someone implement an anti-cheat system they think is better, I've noticed it's old, sucks, and they haven't figured out that AA does not run in the same way it did pre-Assist. I'm not a fan of "custom" anti-cheats because I haven't seen a better one so far.

Spanky beat me to saying "old" anti-cheat.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager