Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: aao 2.8.5 co-op maps  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Mephisto

aao 2.8.5 co-op maps
« on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 08:22:22 AM »
hello there, i was looking for any info about ES2Border and Snake Plain maps but i couldnt find nothing, i tried to copy es2border.aao to aao25 maps folder but when i open them throught console ingame, my game gets crashed, so i want to ask - is there any way to host those maps in aao25 assisst or those maps need to be converted ? if yes, then how to convert them ? i would like to host second server with those maps ! :)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: aao 2.8.5 co-op maps
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 08:38:47 AM »
Well, this is version 2.5 so obviously maps from 2.8.5 will not work here right off the bat. Usually they would need coverting.

However, this version of AA has no working AI (the computer enemies), so coop missions are not possible on this version. The only thing that could, in theory, be done, is the map converted and made into a multiplayer map.

You may find a few servers on AA2.8.5, you can check out http://chevys-place.nl/
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager